Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,781,734 times

Advertisements

My son would have never asked that, as even when small knew the reasons people go to hell. (Rejecting God's Son). But your quote is kind of Reader's Digest, you ought to send it in.
MBG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 01:05 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,750,005 times
My kids are the speech patrol, so the very mention of hell, one has surely got her hand over her mouth going ommmmmmmm, he/she said a bad word. The last time i said on a trip, we are almost to the dam, my oldest couldnt wait to call my mom and "tattle" on me-lol. They know what hell is, but we dont talk about it much, Id rather talk about heaven, IMO.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,381,820 times
I guess I would back track a bit on this. If I had a 5 year old, I don't think I would subject them to attending church, at least not for a couple of years.

Now to your question. I would have disagreed with my five year old and told him God has a bigger job in store for those who misbehave in church. :-)

Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,821,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
My kids are the speech patrol, so the very mention of hell, one has surely got her hand over her mouth going ommmmmmmm, he/she said a bad word. The last time i said on a trip, we are almost to the dam, my oldest couldnt wait to call my mom and "tattle" on me-lol. They know what hell is, but we dont talk about it much, Id rather talk about heaven, IMO.
We don't use bad language either and he is corrected for such things...but in the concept of how he asked there really is not another word for it, so honestly I didn't correct him that day for that part. He talks about heaven all the time, he can't wait to go there and see our dogs that we have lost...he's quite obsessed with it actually. I keep explaining to him although heaven is wonderful he needs to wait until he's had a full and long life first...he doesn't get that either...he's very different.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
My son would have never asked that, as even when small knew the reasons people go to hell. (Rejecting God's Son). But your quote is kind of Reader's Digest, you ought to send it in.
MBG
My son is at the age where he knows the difference between good behavior and bad behavior, he just hasn't decided to actually behave well. He knows why people go to hell, and since he also knows he was behaving badly and being disrespectful in God's house, well I thought it was actually quite intuitive of him to be a little worried about it. It was also dang cute of him.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
I guess I would back track a bit on this. If I had a 5 year old, I don't think I would subject them to attending church, at least not for a couple of years.

Now to your question. I would have disagreed with my five year old and told him God has a bigger job in store for those who misbehave in church. :-)
Why isn't he old enough to go to church? We go each week and both my sons have gone since they were infants. I think it's important to go as a family so I have to say I other than his behavior that day I don't see why I wouldn't have brought him. I do know lots of churches have nurseries for small children, mine included, but I've never used them I always thought it was more important for them to learn how to behave during a mass and experience it with us. Eventually he'll calm down...hopefully.

But your answer to his question so far is definitely my favorite...that just leaves so much to the imagination it would have kept him occupied thinking about it for hours!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
For that age I would have said, of course not, but you did upset others in the church and that's not how to behave in church. Next time I'll tie you to the pew unless you settle down!!!
Duct tape anyone?...LOL

Old 06-01-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
You could have said, "Hell would be like going to Disneyworld compared to what I'm going to do to you when we get home!"
just kidding, of course.
I like this one too! But unfortunately he has no fear of me, we don't spank and he is so far oblivious to other forms of discipline. But we are still plugging away at it.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:40 PM

23,024 posts, read 34,412,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Why isn't he old enough to go to church? We go each week and both my sons have gone since they were infants. I think it's important to go as a family so I have to say I other than his behavior that day I don't see why I wouldn't have brought him. I do know lots of churches have nurseries for small children, mine included, but I've never used them I always thought it was more important for them to learn how to behave during a mass and experience it with us. Eventually he'll calm down...hopefully.

But your answer to his question so far is definitely my favorite...that just leaves so much to the imagination it would have kept him occupied thinking about it for hours!
I think it's wonderful that you taking your children to church, you are right family's should go together, no child is too young to be taken to church.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,750,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
We don't use bad language either and he is corrected for such things...but in the concept of how he asked there really is not another word for it, so honestly I didn't correct him that day for that part. He talks about heaven all the time, he can't wait to go there and see our dogs that we have lost...he's quite obsessed with it actually. I keep explaining to him although heaven is wonderful he needs to wait until he's had a full and long life first...he doesn't get that either...he's very different.
i wasnt saying you used bad words-lol sorry if I implied that, just mine listen very intently to what I say and they tell my mother everything and im 33-lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality