Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 11:13 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times

Advertisements

So what was the question again? Or should I say - mistaken idea put out there for the world to contemplate.

Did Jesus Christ exist? What if he wasn't born by an unwed mother who became pregnant by God? What if he didn't die on the cross for our sins? This Jesus absolutely never existed.

Then who did?

Jesus was born to the married couple Mary and Joseph. His soul was created by God without sin for the specific purpose that he would be the first living person on earth to receive God's Divine Love. As I wrote in a previous thread, all souls are created in God's image, but not the substance. God's Divine Love is the substance which removes all sin on our souls and is essential for immortality. This is the "gift" which Adam and Eve refused. But Jesus did not.

As a young man, he received this Divine Love and after he began his ministry, this is what he taught people to pray for in order to receive it. Check out Romans 5:5. He was able to heal people, because he was given the knowledge of how to make it happen.

He was ultimately murdered because people were of the mistaken idea that after he died, he was going to come back and create a heaven on earth. Even his disciples had this belief - until after he made a spiritual appearance on earth and they began receiving Divine Love themselves.

Christ is the principle of Divine Love. It may be that the writers of the bible didn't have a clue. Jesus is the highest spirit in the Celestial Heavens. This is the highest heavens where only those who have received Divine Love can enter.

Jesus paved the way for this path - "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

His writings as well as his disciples and other well-known spirits can be read at this blog: Divine Love Writings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 01:19 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
So what was the question again? Or should I say - mistaken idea put out there for the world to contemplate.

Did Jesus Christ exist? What if he wasn't born by an unwed mother who became pregnant by God? What if he didn't die on the cross for our sins? This Jesus absolutely never existed.

Then who did?

Jesus was born to the married couple Mary and Joseph. His soul was created by God without sin for the specific purpose that he would be the first living person on earth to receive God's Divine Love. As I wrote in a previous thread, all souls are created in God's image, but not the substance. God's Divine Love is the substance which removes all sin on our souls and is essential for immortality. This is the "gift" which Adam and Eve refused. But Jesus did not.

As a young man, he received this Divine Love and after he began his ministry, this is what he taught people to pray for in order to receive it. Check out Romans 5:5. He was able to heal people, because he was given the knowledge of how to make it happen.

He was ultimately murdered because people were of the mistaken idea that after he died, he was going to come back and create a heaven on earth. Even his disciples had this belief - until after he made a spiritual appearance on earth and they began receiving Divine Love themselves.

Christ is the principle of Divine Love. It may be that the writers of the bible didn't have a clue. Jesus is the highest spirit in the Celestial Heavens. This is the highest heavens where only those who have received Divine Love can enter.

Jesus paved the way for this path - "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

His writings as well as his disciples and other well-known spirits can be read at this blog: Divine Love Writings

HIS writings???????? Whose writings? Jesus never wrote anything. Why? Because myths cannot write. They aren't real. So why assume he wasn't real? Because nobody outside the Bible wrote anything about him. Lack of any secular evidence for his existence screams that he wasn't real.

Everything you write about Jesus was contrived by the gospel writers because as of Nov. 25, 2022 we haven't a single mention of him outside the very biased Christian manifestos called the gospels.

Name me a single secular historian who mentions Jesus Christ, said mention not mired in controversy with accusations of severe tampering and interpolations to pump up the legend to personhood.

Old 11-25-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
HIS writings???????? Whose writings? Jesus never wrote anything. Why? Because myths cannot write. They aren't real. So why assume he wasn't real? Because nobody outside the Bible wrote anything about him. Lack of any secular evidence for his existence screams that he wasn't real.

Everything you write about Jesus was contrived by the gospel writers because as of Nov. 25, 2022 we haven't a single mention of him outside the very biased Christian manifestos called the gospels.

Name me a single secular historian who mentions Jesus Christ, said mention not mired in controversy with accusations of severe tampering and interpolations to pump up the legend to personhood.
It’s true that Jesus never wrote anything while he was alive, nor did his disciples. The first accounting of the Bible was written about 150 years after his death. And apparently, it has been rewritten many times.

Because of that issue, Jesus wanted us - all of God’s children - to learn about God’s Divine Love and the importance of receiving it. In 1914, Jesus, as a spirit, wrote through a Christian Washington, D.C. attorney, who learned he had the gift of automatic writing from his deceased ex-wife in 1914. From that year through 1920, he received over 2,500 spirit messages not only from Jesus, his mother and father, his disciples and many well-known spirits. Jesus wrote about his attempts to use other people as mediums throughout the previous years, but he wasn’t successful.

As I posted in another thread, the writings or spirit communications are contained in four volumes, one of which is in the Washington, D.C. Library of Congress titled:

Messages From Jesus
Through Mr. J.E. Padgett
True Gospel Revealed Anew From Jesus
New Bible

This book was published in 1941 by Dr. L.R. Stone. I went through the whole nine yards of obtaining a library card in 2014, just so I could look at that book. When it was handed to me wrapped with a ribbon tie, tears flowed.

There have been several books published since then with different titles. And I have included links to the messages from my friend’s website as well as my blog in other posts.

A huge reason to absolutely know that Jesus wrote the messages is to do what he suggests and that is to read his prayer for Divine Love every day. It may not take very long until Divine Love begins flowing into your soul. This is my experience after a month of praying in 1975. And it’s my experience today without reading anything… getting a “fill up” in my soul… while writing.

Old 11-25-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It’s true that Jesus never wrote anything while he was alive, nor did his disciples. The first accounting of the Bible was written about 150 years after his death. And apparently, it has been rewritten many times.

Because of that issue, Jesus wanted us - all of God’s children - to learn about God’s Divine Love and the importance of receiving it. In 1914, Jesus, as a spirit, wrote through a Christian Washington, D.C. attorney, who learned he had the gift of automatic writing from his deceased ex-wife in 1914. From that year through 1920, he received over 2,500 spirit messages not only from Jesus, his mother and father, his disciples and many well-known spirits. Jesus wrote about his attempts to use other people as mediums throughout the previous years, but he wasn’t successful.

As I posted in another thread, the writings or spirit communications are contained in four volumes, one of which is in the Washington, D.C. Library of Congress titled:

Messages From Jesus
Through Mr. J.E. Padgett
New Bible

This book was published in 1941 by Dr. L.R. Stone. I went through the whole nine yards of obtaining a library card in 2014, just so I could look at that book. When it was handed to me wrapped with a ribbon tie, tears flowed.

There have been several books published since then with different titles. And I have included links to the messages from my friend’s website as well as my blog in other posts.

A huge reason to absolutely know that Jesus wrote the messages is to do what he suggests and that is to read his prayer for Divine Love every day. It may not take very long until Divine Love begins flowing into your soul. This is my experience after a month of praying in 1975. And it’s my experience today without reading anything… getting a “fill up” in my soul… while writing.

You should be aware, SoCal that Christians will claim those automatic writings came from a demon. Just watch.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:47 PM

998 posts, read 786,751 times
Quote:

Messages From Jesus
Through Mr. J.E. Padgett
New Bible

Have you checked out the Urantia Book? It follows a lot of the same concepts as Padgetts writings. for instance, Jesus is not the Fathers only begotten son and the true meaning of the gospel of the kingdom. "the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man"

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book...k-standardized

Old 11-25-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
You should be aware, SoCal that Christians will claim those automatic writings came from a demon. Just watch.
Trust me. I'm very aware.

For Mr. Padgett's mediumship, whenever he received a message, he was surrounded by a spiritual band, who wouldn't allow dark spirits to write except in certain circumstances.

Like this one for instance:"It is hard to learn of Heavenly things in Hell!"

"Well, I am still in hell and suffering. I wish that I could die again, but I cannot and will have to stand it. I can't even be deaf, so that I might escape some of my torments, for I am surrounded by the most hellish beings you can imagine, and I have to listen to them. It is no use trying to fight, for I can't hurt anybody. They became even more annoying, when I did try to punch one of them."

It is hard to learn of Heavenly things in Hell

This dark spirit was known by Mr. Padgett during his earth life.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Like this one for instance:"It is hard to learn of Heavenly things in Hell!"

"Well, I am still in hell and suffering. I wish that I could die again, but I cannot and will have to stand it. I can't even be deaf, so that I might escape some of my torments, for I am surrounded by the most hellish beings you can imagine, and I have to listen to them. It is no use trying to fight, for I can't hurt anybody. They became even more annoying, when I did try to punch one of them."

Hell is stuff and nonsense, SoCal. There's no such thing as hell. It's an invention of the church to scare people into joining Christianity. It's the ol' "carrot and stick" hoodwink. "Join and you'll have riches in heaven beyond your wildest dreams. Refuse and you'll have pain and suffering in hell beyond your most ghastly nightmares."

Old 11-25-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Hell is stuff and nonsense, SoCal. There's no such thing as hell. It's an invention of the church to scare people into joining Christianity. It's the ol' "carrot and stick" hoodwink. "Join and you'll have riches in heaven beyond your wildest dreams. Refuse and you'll have pain and suffering in hell beyond your most ghastly nightmares."
Well, we shall have to agree to disagree.

This is a description of hell written by a spirit who was an alcoholic while on earth:

"That there is a hell, I know to my sorrow and sufferings, for I have been the occupant of one for oh these many years; and it is always the same place of horrors and darkness, except sometime it is lighted by the flame of lurid light that comes from the anger and sufferings of some unfortunate like myself.

In this hell of mine, and there are many like it, instead of beautiful homes, as the other spirits described, we have dirty, rotten hovels all crooked and decayed, with all the foul smells of a charnel house ten times intensified, and instead of beautiful lawns and green meadows and leafy woods filled with musical birds making the echoes ring with their songs, we have barren wastes, and holes of darkness and gloom and the cries and cursings of spirits of damnation without hope; and instead of living, silvery waters, we have stagnant pools filled with all kinds of repulsive reptiles and vermin, and smells of inexpressible, nauseating stinks.

I tell you that these are all real, and not creatures of the imagination or the outflowing of bitter recollections. And as for love, it has never shown its humanizing face in all the years that I have been here - only cursings and hatred and bitter scathings and imprecations, and grinning spirits with their witchlike cacklings. No rest, no hope, no kind words or ministering hand to wipe away the scalding tears, which so often flow in mighty volumes. No, hell is real and hell is here."

A spirit describes his experience in one of the Hells

I don't believe there is fire and brimstone and a Devil with a pitchfork in Hell. I'm not a Christian trying to scare the hell out of people. I'm a spiritual person who is a realist. After our passing to the next world, after a meet and greet with our family who went before us - we must go to the place of abode that suits our soul's condition.

I do believe the above description and there's no way in hell that I want to have that experience. There are several levels of Hell and it is the closest sphere to earth. What I have also learned is that Hell is not eternal. It's a temporary place for spirits, who didn't have a clue when they were alive what the detrimental things they were doing adversely affected their soul's condition. These "detrimental things" add layers of darkness to a soul and that darkness must come off the soul (called a "soul cleansing") before it can progress out of darkness to the light.

Old 11-25-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
Have you checked out the Urantia Book? It follows a lot of the same concepts as Padgetts writings. for instance, Jesus is not the Fathers only begotten son and the true meaning of the gospel of the kingdom. "the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man"

I have heard about it, but haven't read it. I'll check it out.

Old 11-25-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post

There's a lot to read, but this stood out as a truth to me:

From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.”

Jesus taught us the way to achieve this perfection... pray for God's Divine Love. This Love removes all sin from our souls and makes us perfect, as God is perfect.

The Prayer for Divine Love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality