Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

Asking for well wishes and prayerful support today from the sacred circle for one of my daughters..I am taking her to hospital later this morning for a scope to determine best treatment gor recurring ulcers and a hernia.. Surgery is not out of the question, he said as she will be under anesthesia already..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Asking for well wishes and prayerful support today from the sacred circle for one of my daughters..I am taking her to hospital later this morning for a scope to determine best treatment gor recurring ulcers and a hernia.. Surgery is not out of the question, he said as she will be under anesthesia already..

World of Gor - Home

dearest (never-miss) BLUE, i will be with both of you ... waiting for the signal of wellbeing and welcome ....

Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 AM

48,154 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Holding you and your daughter in my thoughts Miss Blue.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Miss Blue, I will be sending love and prayers for you and your daughter.
Welcome to the new members of the circle. May you find peace here.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladoSam View Post
Good afternoon, ptsum, and all. I'm new to this thread, have posted only a few times in the Religion forum but am not new to religious exploration.

I was reared in a fairly fundamentalist family accompanied by some fear of that fundamentalist God, leaving me somewhat socially inept. In my early twenties I had an operation, after which I found myself questioning those beliefs that had been instilled in me.

After a couple of years of counseling I was able to realize I could search and learn and develope my own belief system. That realization was half the journey to finding my relationship with God, other gods, religions and belief systems and those who participate with them as well as those who oppose any religion or belief system.

Among my preferred courses in college were Physics (Astronomy) and Logic (Philosophy). One of my best learning guides was a set of books, 'Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East' (or as I say, Far Out). These three references along with some basic understanding of other belief systems form a basis for my beliefs.

Those beliefs, while not participating in any religion allows me to accept the beliefs of most any religious postulates as long as no harm is done and results in a balanced energy field.

I am glad to have found this thread and look forward to hearing more of the religious tenets of others.
SaladoSam, first let me welcome you to the sacred circle and I find that what you have said here very intriguing, I have always believed that as one grows in knowledge and wisdom so does one's Creator grows also, an individual's belief should allow growth, what we were taught as children changes as we get older and gain in wisdom and knowledge, it is a learning process as we travel through this lifetime.osay

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Miss Blue, May the Creator of us all look over you and yours with a favorable hand of comfort on this day of uncertainty and we await your word as to whatever results come forth.osay

Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 AM

48,154 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
SaladoSam, first let me welcome you to the sacred circle and I find that what you have said here very intriguing, I have always believed that as one grows in knowledge and wisdom so does one's Creator grows also, an individual's belief should allow growth, what we were taught as children changes as we get older and gain in wisdom and knowledge, it is a learning process as we travel through this lifetime.osay
I so agree with that ptsum!

In his poem The Chambered Nautalis, Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote:

"Build Thee More Stately Mansions, O My Soul
As the swift seasons roll! Leave thy low-vaulted past!
Let each new temple, nobler than the last,
Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast,
Till thou at length art free,
Leaving thine outgrown shell by life's unresting sea! "

Old 03-16-2009, 10:30 AM

998 posts, read 1,333,010 times
Quote:
May the day end favorably for Miss Blue and her daughter.. Amen

Old 03-16-2009, 02:06 PM

The Sacred Circle, also known as a medicine wheel, is a symbol for the wheel of life which is forever revolving in bringing new lessons and truths to the walking of the path. The Earthwalk is based on the understanding that each one of us must stand on every spoke, on the great wheel of life many times, and that every direction is to be honored. Until you have walked in others moccasins, or stood on their spokes of a wheel, you will never truly know their hearts. The medicine wheel teaches us that all lessons are equal, as are all talents and abilities. Every living creature will one day see and experience each spoke of the wheel, and know those truths. It is a pathway to truth, peace, and harmony. The circle is never ending, life without end.

The Medicine Wheel is sacred, the native people believe, because the Great Spirit cause everything in nature to be round. The Sun, Sky, Earth, and Moon are round. Thus, man should look upon the Medicine Wheel (circle of life) as sacred. It is a symbol of the circle that marks the edge of the world and therefore,the Four Winds that travel there. It is also the symbol of the year. The sky, the Night, and the Moon go in a circle above the Sky, therefore, the circle is a symbol of these divisions of time. It is the symbol of all times throughout creation. osay

Last edited by ptsum; 03-16-2009 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 05:00 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Thank you my friends for keeping daughter in your thoughts today..There are no new ulcers and the scars from surgery on the previous 5 are well healed.. Waiting results in a few days on the stomach biopsy, which showed an infection in the lining, but Dr did not seem too concerned and will schedule gall bladder removal if biopsy is negative..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality