Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 06:50 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,400 times

Advertisements

I came upon this thread when looking at new posts.
Thank you. I've been told to surround myself with what I desire. I am finding it here in the posts written with love and acceptance.
Blessings to all on this beautiful day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 07:03 AM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinvt View Post
Thank you. I've been told to surround myself with what I desire. I am finding it here in the posts written with love and acceptance.
Your presence in the circle is a blessing.....thank you for bringing your energy and sitting with us in the sacred circle.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
My beliefs are....I have no idea at the moment!
DaniMae, welcome to the sacred circle, what your belief is at the moment is not important, it will come in time and only you know when that will be, just make sure that you are comfortable with it and that it feels right with you, you sound like you're in search of something, take the time to look around and check out everything and make sure that whatever belief you decide to choose is the right one for you.osay

Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinvt View Post
kpinvt, welcome to the sacred circle, it is good to have you sit among us and it is also good that you have found the acceptance and peace and harmony and the love that you are so looking for and yes it is a beautiful day.osay

Old 03-15-2009, 10:48 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
One of the great American Mystery Novelists wrote about the Navajo beliefs......that the essential element in health was to restore each other to harmony. To be one with the great spirit, to be one with the world around us, to be one with the universe. Even the Christian faith was founded by a man who taught that we should be one with God. Seeking harmony. Bringing the world into balance.

And in this circle, such balance and harmony exists. And where balance and harmony exist, so does peace.

This is a very good day.
Wado ptsum

Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times
I rejoin the circle to experience the peace, love, and wisdom here once again. Ptsum, this is a good thing you have started.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 PM

492 posts, read 961,747 times
Good afternoon, ptsum, and all. I'm new to this thread, have posted only a few times in the Religion forum but am not new to religious exploration.

I was reared in a fairly fundamentalist family accompanied by some fear of that fundamentalist God, leaving me somewhat socially inept. In my early twenties I had an operation, after which I found myself questioning those beliefs that had been instilled in me.

After a couple of years of counseling I was able to realize I could search and learn and develope my own belief system. That realization was half the journey to finding my relationship with God, other gods, religions and belief systems and those who participate with them as well as those who oppose any religion or belief system.

Among my preferred courses in college were Physics (Astronomy) and Logic (Philosophy). One of my best learning guides was a set of books, 'Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East' (or as I say, Far Out). These three references along with some basic understanding of other belief systems form a basis for my beliefs.

Those beliefs, while not participating in any religion allows me to accept the beliefs of most any religious postulates as long as no harm is done and results in a balanced energy field.

I am glad to have found this thread and look forward to hearing more of the religious tenets of others.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
It is always a good day when we welcome another to share their beliefs with us..I thank you for sharing...There are many different beliefs and faith represented here and we welcome yours..

Old 03-15-2009, 05:58 PM

48,113 posts, read 21,994,714 times
I am thrilled by the new energy that is coming into the circle....and I really do come here...as a meditation......I take the time to breathe.............to pray............to slow the world down and be present in the moment.....even and especially is the moment is quiet and open and free.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:28 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Elston, it certainly would have been enough....

.... then let joy and happiness from good intent prevail.

(re-)creative greetings to all newcomers.

YouTube - Goodnight Irene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality