Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 05:21 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Thank you my friends for keeping daughter in your thoughts today..There are no new ulcers and the scars from surgery on the previous 5 are well healed.. Waiting results in a few days on the stomach biopsy, which showed an infection in the lining, but Dr did not seem too concerned and will schedule gall bladder removal if biopsy is negative..
Miss Blue, I do hope this is good news in that it is not as bad as was first anticipated and the fact that there has been some healing is a good sign of recovery and I'm sure that the doctor can take care of the infection with some antibiotics, sounds like some good news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Very good news..Thank you Ptsum

Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
should antibiotics and doctors advices fail - remember the LaW!

Doppler effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

what goes 'round comes 'round - calling GROUSE ...

(... and what it would take to come out of this depression)

Old 03-17-2009, 01:44 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Very good news..Thank you Ptsum
I am so glad your Daughter is better Blue. I am sure having a loving family has helped a great deal .
I wish her a full and very prompt recovery.

This Atheist sends you a big bunch of Hugs and all the most positive "vibes" I can muster through cyberspace.
You have many, many friends here , all thinking about you.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Miss Blue, I do hope this is good news in that it is not as bad as was first anticipated and the fact that there has been some healing is a good sign of recovery and I'm sure that the doctor can take care of the infection with some antibiotics, sounds like some good news.
I think I will join your sacred circle Ptsum if you don't mind an Atheist sitting down by the fire. Reading some hateful posts has made me once again feel terribly sad, depressed and drained of emotional energy and I could do with a bit of "spiritual" replenishing.

The Circle is such a potent symbol of continuity and I like the fact that it makes everyone equal too. Nobody at the head of the table so to speak.

So bear with me whilst I gather my thoughts in your lovely Circle, and try to calm down a bit.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I think I will join your sacred circle Ptsum if you don't mind an Atheist sitting down by the fire. Reading some hateful posts has made me once again feel terribly sad, depressed and drained of emotional energy and I could do with a bit of "spiritual" replenishing.

The Circle is such a potent symbol of continuity and I like the fact that it makes everyone equal too. Nobody at the head of the table so to speak.

So bear with me whilst I gather my thoughts in your lovely Circle, and try to calm down a bit.
You're always welcome to sit with us my brother and the sacred circle is for all who come in peace and harmony and need a calming place to sit in equality and respect. osay

Old 03-17-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
You're always welcome to sit with us my brother and the sacred circle is for all who come in peace and harmony and need a calming place to sit in equality and respect. osay
Thank you, I knew I would be welcome. I am a sister though.

Peace and calm sounds pretty good to me right now, I am full of anger and despondency at some posters I'm afraid. I do try to rise above it but I must admit some people really do know how to push my buttons...

I will leave my baggage at the door though.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Hi there Moose, yes it is peaceful here knowing there is nothing but peace and love and harmony here..Ones belief or non belief is their own and we respect that.I leave a part of myself here and always return to read when I am upset, angered or am just desiring to sit in peace among the many friends here...

Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Thank you, I knew I would be welcome. I am a sister though.

Peace and calm sounds pretty good to me right now, I am full of anger and despondency at some posters I'm afraid. I do try to rise above it but I must admit some people really do know how to push my buttons...

I will leave my baggage at the door though.
I do apologize for the mistake in gender and I do understand your anger and frustration,have been in that position a few times in my younger days,however I have learned over the many years that others are entitled to their opinions as well as I am,whether I agree with them or not,so I try to treat them all with respect and hopefully,in the end they will do the same,although it can be difficult at first,in the long run it will eventually work out and if not then the disagreement is not worth the argument, life is too short to worry oneself over such matters that will not change.osay

Old 03-17-2009, 03:38 PM

48,154 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
I do apologize for the mistake in gender and I do understand your anger and frustration,have been in that position a few times in my younger days,however I have learned over the many years that others are entitled to their opinions as well as I am,whether I agree with them or not,so I try to treat them all with respect and hopefully,in the end they will do the same,although it can be difficult at first,in the long run it will eventually work out and if not then the disagreement is not worth the argument, life is too short to worry oneself over such matters that will not change.osay
Ptsum: I know that you are right......and I try and usually succeed.....in dismissing offensive and intentionally rude comments....but there are times when I only regain my equanimity after a conscious effort to "let it go"; "let it be".... and some deep breathing ..... the upset seems to be more a function of being on the forum than in any part of my "real life"... and I am slowly learning to avoid the controvertial threads and forums and to put especially mean people on "ignore".

Mooseketeer....here you are welcome.....sit with us and heal and be restored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality