Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 12:43 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If everyone followed me as much or as close as you do, I'd be flattered, but of course in your case it's more like being followed by a bad smell impossible to shake. Haven't you got plenty enough other victims to attend to?

And why this time no really cute popcorn munching video you are always so proud to display whenever you can? Getting lazy?
Is this that high level of discourse you were talking about in another thread just a few minutes ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 04:15 PM

23,137 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Always nice when a moderator should make such a comment, again noting just a slight bit of negativity just like when I first introduced these truths, but that's okay I suppose...

Fact is, I started this thread and many people have commented one way or another about this topic since I started it. All perfectly okay with me no matter the comments. What I hoped for anyway, but I signed off from this forum a couple weeks ago and others posted here since then. Just now catching up with hopes -- contrary to yours -- this thread might breath on just a bit longer.

Don't see much harm in that myself, but clearly there are people who would rather be insulting rather than add something substantive (and please don't suggest all that can be commented has been commented about such a subject).

Please have mercy...

Not sure I'd even be back, but I read this email upon my return this morning, and I have to admit, I felt encouraged to return. I thought maybe it was from you mensaguy! (But I guess not).

Notice: LearnMe, you have received postive reputation points at City-Data Forum

We are happy to inform you that our users have appreciated your posts.
You have received 3 positive points for your posts under "LearnMe"
username, increasing your forum reputation. For further information you can

Thank you,
City-Data Administration
www.city-data.com/forum

I have never really paid much attention to the reps or points, but I got a kick out of the misspelling in the subject line of all places, in a standard company marketing email. Some real professionalism there, no doubt, but the marketing really does work either way! A kick in any case...
Wow, can't give a mod his own voice to say a single sentence without writing a book? If he was speaking as a mod, you would know it. Somebody came against your 9, and now ten truths and it's like your mama layed out the wrong panties for you lol, well, I am all for you of course, we are waiting for your first bible to be printed, then the revisions, when we get to 11 truths and then 12, I keep telling you, I would make the best John the Baptist who prepares the way before you, heck, you already got 3 rep points, there is no stopping us now. You know I am just jerking your chain right? I know there are only ten truths.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
It seems there is none since I do agree with the way you put it. I purposely used the word better because comparisons are subject to a person's experience, which can affect how they perceive their personal reality.

I once mentioned that I live in a small house but one of my daughter's friends said that is not true. My house is very big and her house is small according to this friend. But the reality is that some people do live better than others.

So the point I am trying to make: Is there any point in separating truths, which I suspect are mostly opinions? I don't think so. Instead, I would solely look at facts that everyone can agree on. "This house does have more square footage than that house."
thas is exactly it elyn. Some of my atheist/theist fellows refuse to do this with their claims and get very annound when asked to to compare their claims side by side other atheist or theist clims. to see what one has more "square footage", or even what is the "square footage" and they refuse to answer. and when some don't bite on "it doesn't matter because it us against them." and we reply with "it most certainly is not." they get those panties in a bunch.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arach angle View Post
thas is exactly it elyn. Some of my atheist/theist fellows refuse to do this with their claims and get very annound when asked to to compare their claims side by side other atheist or theist clims. To see what one has more "square footage", or even what is the "square footage" and they refuse to answer. And when some don't bite on "it doesn't matter because it us against them." and we reply with "it most certainly is not." they get those panties in a bunch.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
yeah, phet ... only think critically when its ok with phet.

Old 10-14-2019, 04:53 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,157,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
thas is exactly it elyn. Some of my atheist/theist fellows refuse to do this with their claims and get very annound when asked to to compare their claims side by side other atheist or theist clims. to see what one has more "square footage", or even what is the "square footage" and they refuse to answer. and when some don't bite on "it doesn't matter because it us against them." and we reply with "it most certainly is not." they get those panties in a bunch.

Quote:
Phetaroi, what does 7 mean? Are we down to 7 truths, now?

Old 10-14-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post

Phetaroi, what does 7 mean? Are we down to 7 truths, now?
She is trying to minimize and dehumanize me. She doesn't like that I keep repeating militant atheist and fundy theist are the same type of personality disorder to me. people do that to try and level less valid claims with more valid claims.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:46 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,157,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
She is trying to minimize and dehumanize me. She doesn't like that I keep repeating militant atheist and fundy theist are the same type of personality disorder to me. people do that to try and level less valid claims with more valid claims.
Sorry to hear that, Arach.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Is this that high level of discourse you were talking about in another thread just a few minutes ago?
I see you are paying very close attention, as usual...

I prefer and promote the high road, but I'm not one to pass up the scenic route or even off-road a bit on occasion. No doubt off-roading can sometimes get muddy too and though I'm not really into getting muddy, it's not something I won't do when it seems necessary or maybe just for fun. Nothing more and nothing less.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:41 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Wow, can't give a mod his own voice to say a single sentence without writing a book? If he was speaking as a mod, you would know it. Somebody came against your 9, and now ten truths and it's like your mama layed out the wrong panties for you lol, well, I am all for you of course, we are waiting for your first bible to be printed, then the revisions, when we get to 11 truths and then 12, I keep telling you, I would make the best John the Baptist who prepares the way before you, heck, you already got 3 rep points, there is no stopping us now. You know I am just jerking your chain right? I know there are only ten truths.
I wonder if rather than all the critiquing (which I have admittedly encouraged), and "helping" me understand what I already understand with regard to what a mod might choose to comment, maybe you or anyone else might like a try at summarizing your point of view as I did with these ten truths.

Your own words rather than quoting from elsewhere.

What I've done in any case has nothing to do with gaining followers or want to write any more than I did, but as I'm sure you probably know if you know anything about people expressing such views, there will be those as described in my tenth truth. Look what happened to Jesus as he attempted to speak his truth.

Ultimately, I do know you are just jerking my chain. Better than hanging me with it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality