Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 08:58 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh stop! My sides are aching! So just how were they going to 'save themselves'? Presumably they were all going to build arks ...and deforest the planet in the process??
All they had to do was walk into the ark before the door shut.

Quote:
....and having built his ark, what would have happened if Noah had put out the call for 'All aboard' and 10,000,000 people had turned up? LOL! You get a bigger joke every time you post pal!
Nonetheless, God pleaded with them for 100 years. Of course He knew they would not repent. That is why God made such a massive ark as big as it was rather than large enough to hold ten million people.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So it is clear in the Bible that workers helped build the Ark but refused to enter when it started raining?
Obviously only eight family members entered along with the animals.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:00 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Nonetheless, God pleaded with them for 100 years. Of course He knew they would not repent. That is why God made such a massive ark as big as it was rather than large enough to hold ten million people.
God pleaded with every single individual personally Eusebi?

Face to face?

One on one?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So the Bible does not mention that Noah had helpers who refused to get onto the Ark when it started to rain? I hope he did at least pay them before the flood rather than a IOU that Noah knew he would not have to pay to those who drowned.

The Bible also does not mention that during the time of the Flood and during the receding of the water that the laws of physics were changed.

I wonder if the Ark Encounter covers either of those two possibilities, one a fact according to Eusebius and the other a possibility according to Jeff.
Why would the Ark Encounter cover the possibility that the laws of physics changed during the historic world-wide flood in Noah's day which the laws didn't change? How do you believe they changed and what is Ken Ham supposed to say if they changed?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:

I'm not sure we can really say that it would have held 10 million people. But God is sovereign, he is all-knowing. He knew only 8 would be on it. He knew that because he knew the rest were tainted by sin and they were unwilling and unable to repent. He saves whomever he wants. He is a sovereign God that will do what he wants with his creation. The idea of people whining about that is absurd as a clay pot complaining to the potter that it wasn't made for a different purpose.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
God pleaded with every single individual personally Eusebi?

Face to face?

One on one?
He used Noah, a preacher of righteousness, the Bible calls him.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not sure we can really say that it would have held 10 million people. But God is sovereign, he is all-knowing. He knew only 8 would be on it. He knew that because he knew the rest were tainted by sin and they were unwilling and unable to repent. He saves whomever he wants. He is a sovereign God that will do what he wants with his creation. The idea of people whining about that is absurd as a clay pot complaining to the potter that it wasn't made for a different purpose.
That is correct. He did not make it to hold 10 million people. That is what I stated. Yes, He knew, in spite of His pleading, that only 8 would be on it.
Good analogy about the clay pot complaining to the Potter, Why hast Thou made me thus?

Old 07-18-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Hey eusebi, where are all the writings of Noah located?
The ones which were necessary for the historic account in the Bible.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,935,402 times
Quote:
No, Noah's Ark is historically factual as it is written in the historical documents collected in what we call the Bible.
The good thing about Ken Ham's ark, though I do disagree with him on quite a number of things regarding science, is that it puts into perspective the enormity of the ark. Rather than people just reading about it in the historic documents called the Bible, they see it in its true perspective in real life.

Riddle me this oh sage of Middle Eastern fables.

Moses wrote the Pentateuch, right?

Moses was not born when Noah survived the flood. How the heck did Moses know the details?

Last edited by cupper3; 07-18-2016 at 09:34 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It seems strange that such an event would fail to mention those that helped.
The Bible says King David fought the Philistines. Yet we know an army was involved. Does the Bible need to mention the name of each and every one of the 10,000 or so soldiers? Just asking. Not meaning to be nasty or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.