Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 04:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Anyone who plays fingerstyle guitar for assisted living and Alzheimer patients is okay in my book. I too play guitar. Well, LOL, I should say I play guitars in a church for people who do not believe like I do. I too like doing finger style playing and rhythm . But as long as they believe Christ died for their sins, they are my brothers and sisters. I too wish I could play for shut-ins and "old folks" homes. Someday.

I really do appreciate your patience and peaceful rejoinders to many of the attacks you face on a daily basis. Hopefully someday they will remember your patience and love and care for them.

I wouldn't doubt that Noah and family played musical instruments.

Gen 4:21 And the name of his brother is Jubal. He becomes the forefather of all who handle the harp and the shepherd's pipe.

So they probably had a nice drum set, harps and pipes on the ark to pass the time during the flood. Probably played some really nice foot stompin, hand clappin, praise songs. LOL.

Probably Ken Ham should have musical instruments in his exhibit of the ark.
Thanks old mate - at least for indicating that meaningful debate here is probably over.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:58 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Just was thinking of this, if Ken wanted to stick to the story, why didn't he build it himself? Why did he need so much money and a construction crew?
Even though the historical account states Noah built the ark, it should be understood that he was the "boss," so to speak, of the project, and he used family members and other workers to help in the construction of that ark. It is kind of like saying John F. Kennedy built the Apollo space craft to land men on the moon. We could say, figuratively speaking, he was the head of the project, as commander in chief, but used many people under him to get the job done. Or Ford built a great car and truck but we know the founder of the company paid the men and woman to build the car and truck.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thanks old mate - at least for indicating that meaningful debate here is probably over.
No problem, friend. You are certainly welcome.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:26 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Even though the historical account states Noah built the ark, it should be understood that he was the "boss," so to speak, of the project, and he used family members and other workers to help in the construction of that ark. It is kind of like saying John F. Kennedy built the Apollo space craft to land men on the moon. We could say, figuratively speaking, he was the head of the project, as commander in chief, but used many people under him to get the job done. Or Ford built a great car and truck but we know the founder of the company paid the men and woman to build the car and truck.

Did those other workers get to go on the Ark? If not that is kind of mean to have them work and they drown them IMHO. But since I do not have an advanced degree in theology I might be wrong it being mean to have people help you build an ark to save yourself and them not being good enough to be included as passengers. I do not think that the factory workers for Ford were killed after the cars were made.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:28 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,303,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Did those other workers get to go on the Ark? If not that is kind of mean to have them work and they drown them IMHO. But since I do not have an advanced degree in theology I might be wrong it being mean to have people help you build an ark to save yourself and them not being good enough to be included as passengers. I do not think that the factory workers for Ford were killed after the cars were made.
Logic? Bad badlander!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:34 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
I know, right? That seems really effed up.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:37 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
It's a sure sign that he actually realises the whole story is tripe...when he starts inventing things to try to make the story fit....and even then it doesn't!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:42 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Noah had rock people help him.

Saw it on that documentary staring Russell Crowe.

Has to be true

Old 07-18-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, as they were building the ark, they were on the ark. However, once the ark was finished, there was a final call for anyone who wanted to come aboard to do so. Only Noah and family went on board. For 100 years God pleaded with mankind to change from their evil ways and warn them a world-wide flood was coming and to save themselves. He was longsuffering them them.

No, the factory workers at the Ford factory were not killed after making the cars. They still make them. Now then, if Ford build a MASSIVE car to hold the animals and humans and told the workers they would be saved if they just got in the car on a certain day and they would be saved from whatever, and they did not, that is not Mr. Ford's fault.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:59 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Noah had rock people help him.

Saw it on that documentary staring Russell Crowe.

Has to be true
I knew that.

But, I did not know Noah, and his entire family had English accents. Shocker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.