Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 10:13 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
It is highly unlikely the Noah story is anymore than a myth. I doubt they would have had the capability to build a craft of the supposed size of the ark in those days. As for the world submerging flood there is no evidence to support it. At best they probably had a regional flood.
You are assuming the ancient pre-flood world had the exact same physical properties or even physical laws. God created physics so things could have operated differently back then too. You are trying to imagine the flood if it took place today not thousands of years ago and that's not a fair evaluation.

The fact that every culture around the world has a flood story with remarkable similiarities to the Biblical account certainly suggests that the event along with the tower of Babel really did occur. OTOH, evolutionists can not explain why and how humans developed so many different languages and accents.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:09 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You are assuming the ancient pre-flood world had the exact same physical properties or even physical laws. God created physics so things could have operated differently back then too. You are trying to imagine the flood if it took place today not thousands of years ago and that's not a fair evaluation.

The fact that every culture around the world has a flood story with remarkable similiarities to the Biblical account certainly suggests that the event along with the tower of Babel really did occur. OTOH, evolutionists can not explain why and how humans developed so many different languages and accents.
An evolutionist would probably not even try to explain accents. As for how so many different languages are out there, a linguist would probably give you an answer.

While growing up I had neighbors who were Cuban and my best friend was Mexican. He could not understand the Cuban spanish very well, and even said they are not speaking spanish!

Old 07-13-2016, 11:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:

You have now dismissed much of the arguements that creationists use in claiming that geology proves their points. Of the laws of nature changed and gravity worked differently I am surprised that it was not mentioned in the Bible as I am sure that it would have affected Noah and his family.

As far as the flood stories go you are incorrect on both grounds, not every culture has a flood story and not all the flood stories are similar. As far as languages go, once again your lack of knowledge about evolution, what it is and how it works, results in your making a claim that simply makes you sound foolish. The origin of languages and how they came about and have changed is well studied, but not my biologists but by linguists and cultural anthropologists.

The fact that you continue to make the same false statements regardless of how often you have been corrected and have had references provided to you makes me wonder if you the least bit interested in real discussions. But I guess if you looked at references you could not claim to know more about the natural and physical world than all the scientists, folks interested in science and most educated people combined.

However your posts are amusing and creative.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:33 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,753,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I think the biggest flaw with this concept is that I just don't see where they're going to draw attendees from. The only major cities close enough to make it a day trip would be Cincinnati, Louisville, and Lexington, if you can even call Lex a major city. Most of the region is rural, and while it's packed to the rafters with christian fundamentalists, most of them are so poor they consider dirt a delicacy. Eastern Kentucky is one of the most deeply impoverished regions of North America; nobody here has $150 to bring their family to something like this. So obviously, in order to hit 2 million people a year, they're going to need to draw heavily from outside the immediate area.

Since there aren't any major tourist attractions within hundreds of miles of the place, that means that for most people it's a destination trip rather than part of a larger vacation. Most people who are attending the Ark Encounter are probably coming mainly (or even exclusively) to see the Ark. At $150 a day for a family of 4, plus hotels, gas, and other travel expenses, how many people are going to think this monstrosity is worth a multi-day trip to the wastelands of Northeastern Kentucky?

I don't understand how they added this up and came to the word "go." Who did their marketing studies? Even the deeply religious people I know here in Kentucky are just aghast - they think it's crazy to think that many people are going to spend that much money to travel that far to see a giant fake boat.
Your views are so biased I am not sure they can be taken seriously.

Listen...its a THEME PARK. Not unlike Disney. It has a boat instead of a big blue castle and the wax figures are Jesus instead of Mickey. Who cares! There is a huge market for this. I'll never go but plenty will, and they come from CA and NY as much as from KY and OH. No one is "eating dirt" in KY. It is people like you that perpetuate myths that discourage investment in beautiful parts of the country!

Please get your facts straight.....no tourist attractions within "hundreds of miles????"

Are you aware that the ark is located squarely in metro Cincinnati, just minutes outside the 275 beltway, right next to a huge airport, and 40 mins to downtown Cincinnati, 90 mins to downtown Louisville or 45 mins to Lexington. Plenty of tourist attractions all around, especially in Louisville and Cincinnati, and I do not need to list them here.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:38 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times
Quote:
Funny thing about your god created physics. It keeps disproving a young earth/universe. Or was that the devil throwing some sticks into the spokes?

Quote:
No, not every culture has a flood story.

Some, those that live near rivers, lakes and oceans do. Some. And some of those myths are thousands of years older than the supposed Noah story. Gilgamesh is one. Why was the Chinese civilization not wiped out during the supposed flood? Why were the North American Indians not wiped out?

Old 07-13-2016, 11:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There are approximately 8.7 million species on earth today X 2 means poor old Noah would have 17.4 animals to look after in a frigging wooden barge that would not float for long....He and his family would be too busy bailing water and would have no time to shovel excrement produced by 17.4 million animals....

The largest wooden ship ever built was the schooner Wyoming (339.5 feet) and it wasn't built of "gopher wood" what ever that is.

Because of its extreme length and wood construction, Wyoming tended to flex in heavy seas, which would cause the long planks to twist and buckle, thereby allowing sea water to intrude into the hold (see hogging and sagging). Wyoming had to use pumps to keep its hold relatively free of water. In March 1924, it foundered in heavy seas and sank with the loss of all hands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_(schooner)

This ark story does not hold water....
Wow! The above post almost (not really) is all about Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark! Almost congrats! You almost (well not even close) did what the moderator asked of all of us . . . to stay on topic! So almost thank you for your almost (well not even close) truthful post which is so off base it must make people of your persuasion cringe. And if it doesn't, that shows how far off they are too.
So keep up the almost good work! We almost appreciate it!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:10 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Wait, what? OMG, They really put dino's in that fake ark?

OMG.

That is so funny.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:35 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,980,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Funny thing about your god created physics. It keeps disproving a young earth/universe. Or was that the devil throwing some sticks into the spokes?

No, not every culture has a flood story.

Some, those that live near rivers, lakes and oceans do. Some. And some of those myths are thousands of years older than the supposed Noah story. Gilgamesh is one. Why was the Chinese civilization not wiped out during the supposed flood? Why were the North American Indians not wiped out?
I would tell you but if I did, I would not be within the guidelines of the thread as it pertains to Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark.

It is open to debate as to others having an older flood story than Moses. The Chinese were wiped out in the world-wide flood. But what I really like about Ken Ham's ark representation is that it allows people to see the incredible enormity of the ark and how it is feasible to accomplish what God needed it to.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
You are assuming the ancient pre-flood world had the exact same physical properties or even physical laws.
You are assuming it did not. If you are claiming that it did not then support the claim with verifiable evidence. You simply WANT it to have been different because that is the only way you can support such an idiotic story as Noah's flood.

Quote:
God created physics so things could have operated differently back then too.
...or maybe they didn't.

Quote:
You are trying to imagine the flood if it took place today not thousands of years ago and that's not a fair evaluation.
It is very fair in the absence of evidence to the contrary

Quote:
The fact that every culture around the world has a flood story with remarkable similiarities to the Biblical account certainly suggests that the event along with the tower of Babel really did occur.
No it isn't 'a fact' at all and of those that do, how do you explain those that pre-date the Bible flood?

Quote:
OTOH, evolutionists can not explain why and how humans developed so many different languages and accents.
Yes they can. Stop living your life in abject wilful ignorance and educate yourself. I pity your children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Chinese were wiped out in the world-wide flood.
Oh dear!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:56 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I would tell you but if I did, I would not be within the guidelines of the thread as it pertains to Ken Ham's Opening Day at the Ark.

It is open to debate as to others having an older flood story than Moses. The Chinese were wiped out in the world-wide flood. But what I really like about Ken Ham's ark representation is that it allows people to see the incredible enormity of the ark and how it is feasible to accomplish what God needed it to.
Okay.

"Only 101 years after the Flood, evil abounded again; and therefore, as the Bible tells us, “the earth was divided.” This occurred at the Tower of Babel, when God confounded the languages, and people began to be scattered about the earth. The Tower of Babel incident occurred at about 2247 B. C . And it is soon after this point that Chinese history begins. " Source: Ancient Chinese History in Light of the Book of Genesis

So let me get this straight. The flood killed all humanity except for 8 people. Noah, his sons and their wives. YET, only 101 years after the flood, evil abounded again? My god, were they trailer park trash? How can the descendants of Noah go evil in only 101 years, which caused god to all of a sudden make their descendants to all start talking different languages?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.