Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:04 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times

Advertisements

How would they dare?

They've been insisting for centuries that every single word of the bible is the literal truth, the divinely inspired word of god himself, and not to be questioned. So now they throw out the entire book of Revelations because... mmm... why? "Well, it's all true except for that part, because we figured out it wasn't testing well in focus groups. But the rest of it is still completely true, and the divinely inspired word of god himself, not to be doubted or questioned. Honest. You can trust us, because we really mean it this time."

Yeah, I'd love to see that. Just when I start to think christianity can't possibly get more hysterical, that would have me rolling on the floor laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times
Public Service Announcement for those not averse to cognitive dissonance.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/great...l#post25967228

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post32410490

Who is waiting for the 1500 square mile "Borg" like space city professed Christians will all be united in thought and in one "accord" since they will all have seen the 'light'?

Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Public Service Announcement for those not averse to cognitive dissonance.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/great...l#post25967228

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post32410490

Who is waiting for the 1500 square mile "Borg" like space city professed Christians will all be united in thought and in one "accord" since they will all have seen the 'light'?

Better question to ask is why the city of Jerusalem in Revelation depicts the most beautiful creature. The covering cherub which covered Adam and Eve with every precious stone.

But yeah, borg cube.

The Earth has become the outer court, a footstool.

The cube is a seat.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:22 AM

261 posts, read 156,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I know Christianity is having trouble staying relevant. One thing that would help is getting rid of the book of Revelations. Nothing wrong with saying, "Hey, I know we originally included this book after a lot of debate over whether it belonged in the Bible, but we've rethought this issue and decided that the book is bogus. No way is any of the stuff in that book going to happen. There aren't going to be 144,000 Christian males saved in the end. That would be ridiculous."

It is a crazy book of fantasy, apparently it nearly didn't make it into the Bible. It would have been no loss if it hadn't been included!

Old 02-24-2016, 08:53 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
How would they dare?

They've been insisting for centuries that every single word of the bible is the literal truth, the divinely inspired word of god himself, and not to be questioned. So now they throw out the entire book of Revelations because... mmm... why? "Well, it's all true except for that part, because we figured out it wasn't testing well in focus groups. But the rest of it is still completely true, and the divinely inspired word of god himself, not to be doubted or questioned. Honest. You can trust us, because we really mean it this time."

Yeah, I'd love to see that. Just when I start to think christianity can't possibly get more hysterical, that would have me rolling on the floor laughing.
A guy in my theology course introduced me to the term SOGO last night. He said there are the words of Christ, and everything else is SOGO--Some Other Guy's Opinion.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
A guy in my theology course introduced me to the term SOGO last night. He said there are the words of Christ, and everything else is SOGO--Some Other Guy's Opinion.
Actually there are only words attributed to Christ. Christ didn't author a single article, short story or poem, much less an autobiography.

So in reality it's all SGO (Some Guy's Opinion). Or at least someone's assertion.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:56 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Go study the fall feasts, everything that is said and done by the priests. Revelation begins on Tishri 1, and it shows Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur happening with 3 different views in the seals, in the trumpets and in the bowls. Then it details Sukkot and Shemini Atzereth.

Revelation is written to a person who has completed his spring walk and is now coming up to his second season in the fall.

Just because it doesn't make sense to people who don't know Jewish culture, heritage and tradition a Jew would be raised in, doesn't mean nobody can read it.

He was a prisoner on Patmos and everything he did was guarded and he wanted to send a letter that only Jews could read.

AMEN. The opening line gives it away. The REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST, and John said it took place IN THE TEMPLE, whose temple we are. Christ in you, the hope of glory. Peace

Old 02-28-2016, 10:50 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I know Christianity is having trouble staying relevant. One thing that would help is getting rid of the book of Revelations. Nothing wrong with saying, "Hey, I know we originally included this book after a lot of debate over whether it belonged in the Bible, but we've rethought this issue and decided that the book is bogus. No way is any of the stuff in that book going to happen. There aren't going to be 144,000 Christian males saved in the end. That would be ridiculous."
I think Revelation is very relevant.

Revelation 13:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

We already have the technology to do the above (essentially microchipping people and tracking all their transactions via the chip) and they are talking about getting rid of cash. An official in the Austrian government forsees them getting rid of cash altogether and forcing people to pay electronically, eliminating all privacy and is trying to get a constitutional amendment passed to guarantee that people can pay cash.

Austrians Need Constitutional Right to Pay in Cash, Mahrer Says - Bloomberg Business

How anyone could say Revelation is irrelevant just boggles my mind.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:54 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, it's a question that an educated and thoughtful individual would ask based on heavy research...
Yet educated and thoughtful people don't misrepresent what Christians believe (and there isn't 100% agreement on this among different denominations) by putting out only one interpretation.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:01 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think Revelation is very relevant.

Revelation 13:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

We already have the technology to do the above (essentially microchipping people and tracking all their transactions via the chip) and they are talking about getting rid of cash. An official in the Austrian government forsees them getting rid of cash altogether and forcing people to pay electronically, eliminating all privacy and is trying to get a constitutional amendment passed to guarantee that people can pay cash.

Austrians Need Constitutional Right to Pay in Cash, Mahrer Says - Bloomberg Business

How anyone could say Revelation is irrelevant just boggles my mind.

Being sealed in your forehead and upon your right arm for what holy days you keep is the most ancient tradition known when Revelation was written. Jesus even talked about people who marked their own foreheads and right arms.

You keep the Sabbaths and appointed feasts of God and you are sealed with a memorial between your eyes that shows you are his, it is not a chip.

Everyone is marked by what they keep and the Messiah of Babylon is Tammuz and his name is never going to change. Where you find the name Tammuz, you find the 666.

Exodus 13

16And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes:

Being marked in your forehead was always understood by people who keep the ways of God and Revelation certainly isn't speaking of some new thing, but an ancient thing that was well known to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality