Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:09 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
These Men are falling into the arms of Women in Non-feminized countries who LOVE American Men that know that he will take Great care of her.
I have heard that American men are seeking marriages with foreign women. I recall a very pretty woman from Romania who said to me that American women were to anti-men and used sex as weapon. She married an American fellow and was very happy with him. I never saw them apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 05:06 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I absolutely agree! I'll even go one further -- government should NOT be in the business of officiating marriages OR dissolving them. Government should stay out of it completely -- no marriage licenses, no tax breaks, no legal divorces. Let people set up their own households any way they wish and take full responsibility for handling matters themselves if the households dissolve.

If people who are religious want to be joined in holy matrimony in their faith tradition, that's obviously their prerogative.
Teatime, the problem is, that the government will never stay out of people's marriages. There's too much money involved for them to want people to do their own thing. For the government, money talks. Thats why they keep coming up with new laws everywhere, so they can keep ticketing people for more things and making more money.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001
I AM interested in his money. He has to give me his paycheck every week. (ideally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
LOL!!
Not when you have to start negotiating for your allowance!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime
I have to say, though, that the minority of us women who feel this way are getting the short end of the stick, thanks to our "sisters" who treat men like crap and use marriage to gain wealth and social status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yeah. Some women are nothing but gold diggers who only think of themselves . I agree that some people do things selfishly without considering other people's lives. People they are supposed to love. Its sad.
One of the main negative results of feminism is that they made it easy for those women who support these principles the least, to benefit the most. The women who are only interested in finding a guy to support them, used to be far more likely to be stuck with their decision. Now they make out like bandits and then have the resources and advantages from their divorce settlement to do what they want.

A woman who takes feminism seriously, gets an education, works on making a secure future will have difficulty getting married, will not benefit much at all from divorce and may even be in the position of most men - providing support to her ex.

However, part of the problem is that such women have such impossibly high standards, that few will find, or be willing to settle for, an appropriate spouse. Not only do they not have the "gifts" of their bimbo cousins, but they are years behind in developing a relationship. A recipe for unhappiness.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I absolutely agree! I'll even go one further -- government should NOT be in the business of officiating marriages OR dissolving them. Government should stay out of it completely -- no marriage licenses, no tax breaks, no legal divorces. Let people set up their own households any way they wish and take full responsibility for handling matters themselves if the households dissolve.

If people who are religious want to be joined in holy matrimony in their faith tradition, that's obviously their prerogative.
And when they break up and get into a disagreement, the in laws can line up and duke it out. Winner take all!

Sorry but this is not a viable approach.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
And when they break up and get into a disagreement, the in laws can line up and duke it out. Winner take all!

Sorry but this is not a viable approach.
Uh, there would be no "in-laws." No legal marriage -- get it? If they split up, they take what's theirs and negotiate over the rest.

It may take a while to catch on BUT if people know that they're not going to be able to go to divorce court and fleece their partners, then they're going to be a whole lot more cautious in choosing the person with whom they live. Bummer, they'd actually have to take responsibility for their choices for once.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Uh, there would be no "in-laws." No legal marriage -- get it? If they split up, they take what's theirs and negotiate over the rest.

It may take a while to catch on BUT if people know that they're not going to be able to go to divorce court and fleece their partners, then they're going to be a whole lot more cautious in choosing the person with whom they live. Bummer, they'd actually have to take responsibility for their choices for once.

Its mine!

No, its mine!

No, its mine!

No, its mine!

No, its mine!

Whap!

Just like the good old days - like the middle ages.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
A woman who takes feminism seriously, gets an education, works on making a secure future will have difficulty getting married, will not benefit much at all from divorce and may even be in the position of most men - providing support to her ex.
I'm not sure where you are coming up with this stuff. As a feminist and an educated woman, I have never had a problem with men. The only differences I can see is perhaps the reluctance to jump into a marriage with the first guy that asks or to marry too young. Most of my friends, who have a similar history, married later in life. This was due to choice, though. We partied in our 20's and settled down in our thirties. Although, it is true that none of us will benefit from a divorce if it unfortunately happens nor would any of us want or need to.

Quote:
However, part of the problem is that such women have such impossibly high standards, that few will find, or be willing to settle for, an appropriate spouse. Not only do they not have the "gifts" of their bimbo cousins, but they are years behind in developing a relationship. A recipe for unhappiness.
I agree about the high standards. That is true. But, there are a lot of great men out there...really, excellent men. It has been a recipe for quality and deep friendship, ime.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:32 PM

53 posts, read 145,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I have heard that American men are seeking marriages with foreign women. I recall a very pretty woman from Romania who said to me that American women were to anti-men and used sex as weapon. She married an American fellow and was very happy with him. I never saw them apart.
I have seen this more and more with guys I work with. Several have ended up marrying women from outside of N. America. They did not specifically look for a woman outside N. America, but when they did meet women from other areas, they were immediately smitten by their wives very feminine manner and style.

It reminds me of a lady I knew. She is smart, reasonable nice looking, and friendly. She is also very masculine in her behavior and mannerisms. She competed in athletics while growing up and would go for runs with the boys team, because the woman's team was not "challenging" enough for her. However, she is now over 40 and never married. When she asked some of the guys their opinion on why, we all had similar feedback. We liked her, we respected her, but the thought of dating her or marrying her would never cross our minds. Being married to her would be too much like being married to another guy except with different equipment. She had simply forgot how to be feminine.

Strange how women complain that they want masculine men, but somehow they expect masculine men to be attracted to masculine women. It simply does not work that way.

Last edited by kmc757; 07-26-2009 at 11:33 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 10:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc757 View Post
I have seen this more and more with guys a work with. Several have ended up marrying women from outside of N. America. They did not specifically look for a woman outside N. America, but when they did meet women from other areas, they were immediately smitten by their wives very feminine manner and style.

It reminds me of a lady I knew. She is smart, reasonable nice looking, and friendly. She is also very masculine in her behavior and mannerisms. She competed in athletics while growing up and would go for runs with the boys team, because the woman's team was not "challenging" enough for her. However, she is now over 40 and never married. When she asked some of the guys their opinion on why, we all had similar feedback. We liked her, we respected her, but the thought of dating her or marrying her would never cross our minds. Being married to her would be too much like being married to another guy except with different equipment. She had simply forgot how to feminine.

Strange how women complain that they want masculine men, but somehow they expect masculine men to be attracted to masculine women. It simply does not work that way.
very good post. i find the expectations of women over the top often.
a 50 year old divorced 250 lb female supervisor earnestly looking for a 20 year old male model.
hence the strange american phenomena - welcome to the jilted millionaires club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships