Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 03:30 PM

820 posts, read 2,875,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
my goodness. such hostility. honestly though maybe if you would stop obssesing on the word "troll". i will take your insults seriously. maybe you're the ones needing to expand your vocabulary other than trolls. some posters help me see the light. coz they give me serious analysis of my "dilemma" rather than focus on the trolling insults. i know to choose the best advice given by non troll posters anyway. and i started the thread coz it is not healthy for me. the son(notice the deleted adopted term) of my sis is enjoying my sister's generosity while i try my best to live my life without the hate which i honestly don't want to feel. simple things like he can't even clean his own room even if my sis tells him to **** me off. that's why i said i am worried about how he will treat her esp on his teenage years.
So LBSer - how old is your nephew? I thought we were talking about a baby here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,804,415 times
Not reading anything but the first page of responses but if I were you, I would consider some counselling.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:50 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,160,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
So LBSer - how old is your nephew? I thought we were talking about a baby here.
She says hes 10 years old now.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:00 PM

539 posts, read 2,108,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are an adult with the emotional makeup of a small child. Seek professional help immediately. AND MOVE OUT ASAP - you are poison for your nephew.
lovesMountains, You put it a lot nicer than I could! I simply can not believe the original post. I'm guessing it is a ploy to get people riled.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
She says hes 10 years old now.
Thanks! Guess I had missed that! So, for ten years, you've hated your nephew? I go back to my original advice.
1. Move out ASAP!
2. Get counseling!
3. Find another job to supplement your income!

Just FYI - it's not unusual that 10 year olds argue over cleaning their rooms and doing chores. We don't hate our children that won't cooperate. We teach and guide them in loving ways what's expected.

I just honestly can't imagine someone 30 years old having these feelings that you share.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:23 PM

389 posts, read 1,990,098 times
im not that vile to hate a baby! i started hating him when i witness how my sis was spoiling him. im not that heartless to be jealous of an infant. im not that pathetic. i just dont like when he does not do what he was asked to do... i feel like he was just receiving and receiving and worried that he would grow up with that attitude and my sis don't deserve to be used/treated like that esp by him.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
im not that vile to hate a baby! i started hating him when i witness how my sis was spoiling him. im not that heartless to be jealous of an infant. im not that pathetic. i just dont like when he does not do what he was asked to do... i feel like he was just receiving and receiving and worried that he would grow up with that attitude and my sis don't deserve to be used/treated like that esp by him.
Then maybe your sister should stop spoiling her child and provide a home with more discipline and higher expectations? This has more to do with your sister than her child. When you raise kids, there are behaviors constantly arising that have to be dealt with. Most of the time, we parents have a difficult time respecting the advice or opinions of others - especially those that don't have kids. I would say it's possible your sister doesn't see a problem with her child or her home. However, to "hate" the child because of some poor behaviors just isn't normal, healthy, or constructive for anyone.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:04 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,325,420 times
Quote:
He's 10 years old. Every child in the world behaves this way. It's a normal part of growing up. You cannot expect a 10 year old to behave like an adult.

I find it pretty hypocritical that you talk about him treating your sister poorly, when you're doing exactly that - and you're definitely old enough to know better. She doesn't deserve to be treated the way you're treating her, either - and neither does he.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:14 PM

10,245 posts, read 11,231,095 times
Quote:
You are heartless - jealous and really need to grow up.

Your sister's priority is her child. Her Child...

My kids don't listen half the time - does that make me hate them? Or resent them. Kids do that, you know?

Please, seek help...That child has to be around you and believe me when I tell you this - Kids Sense things.

He's 10 - he's still a child. Lets hope he doesn't grow up with an attitude like yours. It purdy much sucks....

Old 06-15-2008, 05:32 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,241,449 times
Quote:
simple things like he can't even clean his own room even if my sis tells him to **** me off. that's why i said i am worried about how he will treat her esp on his teenage years.
He is a ten year old child. They push their limits. That's what kids do. If your sister is spoiling him, then deal with her about it. This has NOTHING to do with the child. To hate HIM for things which are totally and utterly beyond his control, really does suck.

With you throwing out such negative energy toward him, it will be a miracle if he DOESN'T turn out bad. You are making this a self fulfilling prophcy with all your bad energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships