Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2016, 06:37 PM

70 posts, read 46,875 times

Advertisements

How is having plans for a career as a cop an ambition? Nothing wrong with cops, it's an incredibly important and stressful job, but he's definitely not on the same page as his girlfriend.
Also I don't think it's the fact he wants a career with normal salary in itself, rather he spends his whole free time chilling instead of improving himself. We can assume just from the little information we were given he's probably not going to be the greatest of cops either.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:03 PM

14,332 posts, read 15,027,515 times
If both are working then it matters not who earns the most. If one is not pulling their load, the problems begin.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:41 PM

914 posts, read 746,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No. I would feel more compatible with a woman if we made the same amount of money. Deep down I'd resent a woman who had more money than I did.

See, I'm a woman and I wouldn't look down on a man who made less than me. In fact, most of my relationships were with men who made less money than me. That never bothered me in the slightest. The one time I was bothered about the difference in income was when the guy was a lot wealthier than I was, so I get where you're coming from. I just kind of felt that he had more "power" than I, because he had more money. I didn't like feeling less powerful, I prefer equality too. I think that I'm just a bit insecure in that respect though. Do you think your resentment might stem from insecurity, too?

Old 12-17-2016, 09:48 PM

52,793 posts, read 53,374,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
See, I'm a woman and I wouldn't look down on a man who made less than me. In fact, most of my relationships were with men who made less money than me. That never bothered me in the slightest. The one time I was bothered about the difference in income was when the guy was a lot wealthier than I was, so I get where you're coming from. I just kind of felt that he had more "power" than I, because he had more money. I didn't like feeling less powerful, I prefer equality too. I think that I'm just a bit insecure in that respect though. Do you think your resentment might stem from insecurity, too?
Sorta contradicted yourself here a bit. Is not having money ok, but it's not ok when you are the lesser earner???????

I've always made more money than any woman I've ever known, by a long long shot, but whatever. I've never dated a woman who out-earned me. I feel like my male ego can handle it, plus how cool would it be to be with a woman who made that much cash. I've always done ok but combined we'd have a real killer lifestyle, especially being CFBC and all.

Lots and lots of European vaca's.....

Old 12-17-2016, 10:10 PM

914 posts, read 746,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sorta contradicted yourself here a bit. Is not having money ok, but it's not ok when you are the lesser earner???????

I've always made more money than any woman I've ever known, by a long long shot, but whatever. I've never dated a woman who out-earned me. I feel like my male ego can handle it, plus how cool would it be to be with a woman who made that much cash. I've always done ok but combined we'd have a real killer lifestyle, especially being CFBC and all.

Lots and lots of European vaca's.....
Yup I'm agreeing with you Chowhound, but that's exactly what I'm struggling with - I know that not having money is OK, but I didn't like the feeling of earning less. It's super contradicting.

Think I'm going to work on my insecurities though, I'm liking the sound of vacas, European or not

PS: What's CFBC??

Old 12-17-2016, 10:14 PM

52,793 posts, read 53,374,324 times
Quote:
Yup I'm agreeing with you Chowhound, but that's exactly what I'm struggling with - I know that not having money is OK, but I didn't like the feeling of earning less. It's super contradicting.

Think I'm going to work on my insecurities though, I'm liking the sound of vacas, European or not

"Child free by choice" and kudos to you for taking a bit of criticism without going nuts.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:16 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,661,329 times
Quote:

Circulating Fluidised Bed ( room ) Combustion..... or Child free by choice

Old 12-17-2016, 10:43 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,217,356 times
Quote:
I would not want to date a woman who makes more money than me because most likely she'd be arrogant about it. No thanks.
Oh please. Stop projecting ur feelings onto EVERY single woman out there. I made more money than the last guy I dated and I was most DEFINITELY not arrogant about it.

That is simply YOUR own insecurity talking.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:45 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,217,356 times
Quote:
To me it is a big deal, I won't be with a woman who makes a lot of money they will look down on me for it.

And Bingo. You REEK of insecurity. That's not attractive AT ALL. THAT would be ur downfall. Because you would probably make that a big deal even if she wasn't.

Yes, its best that you don't bring that drama to someone. So no you shouldn't date someone that makes more than you. Your ego cannot deal with it.

Edited to add: I just saw the post where you said you would resent a woman who made more than you. Well..there you go. Don't blame HER then and make comments that the woman would be arrogant when clearly its you.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:52 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,020,828 times
You're dating a 25 year old dude with no kids........That's what most childless guys that age do unless they really got there **** together. Most women your age have have direction in their lives and have some idea what they want. Most guys at 25 do not/thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships