Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 11:33 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,917,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's actually messing with the the feminists and blue state / Bos-Wash corridor women more than guys. We don't have to worry about any of this stuff, and just carry on like we always have. If you look at the historical purchasing power of a both genders on a grand scale, it has gone down for men, and up for women, which is fine of course..this is what the feminists wanted. However, it created some little problems for them that they didn't account for.

There's now a lot of women complaining that there isn't enough men worthy of them, e.g., men that make a lot of money or have high level degrees.
It's ironic that women spend all that time to educate themselves and then expect guys to come out of nowhere and make more than they do. Oh and they are "feminists" too (which I thought was about equality, but I guess not).

Wonder how many of those women complaining aren't really worthy of a relationship period?

It might be my imagination, but it certainly seems to me that there are fewer intelligent (yet still college educated) interesting or just plain good looking women in the states than there were 10 or 15 years ago.

Also wonder if/when I settle down my way of life will be an issue. I tend to put life before work (if you don't count my most recent attempt to get my loans paid off). So that basically means if I need say $30k a year to live and I have the choice between working part time making $40k or working 80 hour weeks making $100k+ I'm going to take the $40k 99% of the time.

In a way their 1st world problems remind me of a few lesbians I knew a while back who were complaining about the gay bars going away (even though they achieved the integration of straight and gay largely like they had set out to accomplish) and how it was making it harder to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
That sounds like a perfectly good reason for dropping someone, IMO.
Oh I don't know, maybe if you're rich and only want to end up with a rich guy (instead of middle class) then don't draw it out so long?

The two main ways you get rich in the first place are to be either old money (so you likely have no need to go outside of your dating pool) or have a successful business (which oddly women seem not to give men credit for).

But as far as double standards go you have to admit the ability to marry up is a pretty good one you ladies have going for yourselves.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,881,848 times
Nothing like some good ol' gender bashing to end the discussion.
Yes women are evil, women are awful, equal rights **** everyone off. I wonder how much of this can be found on redpill if I Google your post?
What are you looking for in a relationship? Have you thought of trying a man yet? Ive found most men I've met to be pretty cool. I don't go looking in basements though.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:53 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,917,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Nothing like some good ol' gender bashing to end the discussion.
Yes women are evil, women are awful, equal rights **** everyone off.
Nobody is saying anything of the kind unless you're trying to point out that woman reserve the right to be contradictory, which I'm pretty sure was established in the OP. Or perhaps if you were pointing out mochamajesty expression of classism being a legitimate reason? But that wouldn't be gender bashing so...I'm at a loss.

My post was about the irony of the facts. Assuming you're addressing me, which again isn't really clear.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:22 PM

44,382 posts, read 20,102,658 times
Since this thread has devolved into gender bashing, and worse, it is now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships