Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:14 PM

48,634 posts, read 35,115,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTankah View Post
He sure did. Not sure what it was, cause it wasn't paying her college tuition, new car, rent tix, etc etc, while she kept him on the side.
No big, I came from literally nothing and can just as easily go back to living on the streets and working day labor for food and cig money.
This rat race, loving another person, building a life , sharing your life with someone else especially today isn't worth it.

So humor me if you may.
There's all kinds of hating on a man if he cheats.
Yet when women do it, they're protected by other women.

When they cheat on a man of means with a boy of no means, they're praised .
Why not just break up with me if she's not happy instead of letting me get 5 days from closing?
Oh, and she didn't tell me.
I found out repairing her broken laptop.
I'd love to have a woman's perspective on this and why I'm vile and she gets to walk. Equality, right?

Do not get me wrong.... what she did was wrong. Doesn't matter if you were a jerk (not saying you were), she had an obligation to break up and go do her own thing. I don't believe in betraying people you love. Honestly? I wouldn't have taken her back.

You can look up my posting history, that's my stance on no matter who is unfaithful. To me there is no excuse.

All of that has NOTHING to do with feminsim or equal rights.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2017, 06:25 PM

209 posts, read 169,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Do not get me wrong.... what she did was wrong. Doesn't matter if you were a jerk (not saying you were), she had an obligation to break up and go do her own thing. I don't believe in betraying people you love. Honestly? I wouldn't have taken her back.

You can look up my posting history, that's my stance on no matter who is unfaithful. To me there is no excuse.

Fair enough, my apologies for the personal attack

Old 06-26-2017, 06:33 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,817,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

It's possible it could indirectly, depending on how the culture and environment she was raised in influenced her. In more traditional, conservative areas where it's still fairly common for the man to be the breadwinner the woman cheating is extremely rare. It's usually the man that does in almost every case.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:35 PM

48,634 posts, read 35,115,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's possible it could indirectly, depending on how the culture and environment she was raised in influenced her. In more traditional, conservative areas where it's still fairly common for the man to be the breadwinner the woman cheating is extremely rare. It's usually the man that does in almost every case.
Statistics show that a stay at home wife is in the top 10 of those who are unfaithful.

I paid attention because I am a SAHW and my husband is in on of the top 10 professions of men that are unfaithful.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,199,006 times
Quote:
In more traditional, conservative areas where it's still fairly common for the man to be the breadwinner the woman cheating is extremely rare. It's usually the man that does in almost every case.
Source?

Old 06-28-2017, 06:21 AM

209 posts, read 169,902 times
Quote:
We're in super left Massachusetts

Old 06-28-2017, 06:42 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,127,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTankah View Post
We're in super left Massachusetts

MA is not super left. Heck, Boston is pretty darn stodgy overall.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:37 AM

24,575 posts, read 18,423,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
MA is not super left. Heck, Boston is pretty darn stodgy overall.
Massachusetts is the least religious state in the country. It's the highest educated state in the country and the I-495 belt rivals DC and the Bay Area for most educated metro area. Compared to most of the south and the rural west, it's far to the left.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:30 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,765,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Instead of doing that to people, develop some independence, and look for people on or near your professional level or with your interests and life goals. At your age, there are plenty of those around.
In alot of places, most 30 something professionals are already married and beginning to start a family.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:46 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,768,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketa View Post
Bitey, I don't disagree with you. In fact, if we were to look at this completely gender-blind, you are right. I wish I didn't care. But I can't deny my feelings. Shamefully, I want to be treated like a princess and spoiled, why not?. Yet, I am not willing to go out with guys just because they can pay my bills. I like a lot about this guy, but I can't stop feeling resentful about the fact that he isn't trying harder. I am pretty hard on myself, and i guess I judge people the same way. When I was married and my husband was making 2X what I was making, I was working three jobs because I felt guilty for letting him carry all the financial weight. When I go out with someone and they invited me, I always try to be modest and financially conscientious with what I order.

I guess I wish my boyfriend was the same with me. I wouldn't be as resentful if he actually spent his time working instead of napping or video gaming. Or if he refused to go to events he can't afford. I do make more than him, but I am not exactly rich, and I want to be able to save, as well.

Why I am with him? Because at the time we started dating he was better than other guys who were around me.

Is it possible to mediate this issue efficiently or should I be looking for better? (I don't even know how likely it is to find better)
Maybe you can dent your feelings and learn to process what is causing your resentment by having some important factual discussions about how you BOTH feel, with examples, that leads to a series of choices for both of you, hopefully to get to a stable relationship equilibrium. Resentment is a killer...to both people in a relationship. It quickly becomes a habit, unless people learn how to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.