Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2022, 09:50 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times

Advertisements

So I have a question, does the phrase "I don't care" have a different definition on the internet?

Something that confuses and irritates the hell out of me are people who claim they don't care about what someone else is saying, feel the need to voice that they don't care or how the world doesn't care. This typically happens when someone is sharing their experience about something in general, not speaking to the person directly. From my understanding, people who genuinely "don't care" about something just keep it pushing. Why vocalize it? Like what is the purpose?

Just a little rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2022, 10:20 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Speaking for myself, it means the same thing online or IRL.

I realize that there are times when I say that, but what I’m really feeling is frustration that an argument has/will take place, so I’d rather just say that and leave it. Since I’m a low-drama kinda girl, it can be my way of saying, “Do what you want, you’re going to anyway”. LOL

Stating that one doesn’t care might be the need to express a feeling (get it off your chest) brought up by the topic without actually saying what’s on the person’s mind. I’m sure that it could take on a negative tone by seeming to say that the topic isn’t as important as what is going on in the writer’s life. Or it could be just for attention.

Or I could be completely wrong. LMAO

Old 06-13-2022, 11:03 AM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Car is in the shop with major overhaul of the AC, damn car is only a 2019, shouldn't have to be soaking serious money into the AC.

So it's been in the shop the last couple of days, I get up this morning to microwave some water for my coffee, and the microwave took a crap on us. Put in for a 1 and half minutes, timer goes off, beep beep and I reach in and the water is ice cold.

LOL. Things usually come in three's, waiting for the next breakdown.

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-13-2022 at 12:32 PM..

Old 06-13-2022, 12:55 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Chow, I guess I’m lucky. Only one thing this morning: I knocked over a nice planter (something that would look nice on a desk) all over the kitchen floor. The planter is (of course) in pieces. I was leaving for work, so I only had time to pick up the pieces and do a quick sweep. Besides, I’m angry that I did it, so I’ll have to stop being mad before I do a thorough job of cleaning after work.

Old 06-15-2022, 11:59 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
My ex has been renting out living space in a camper he owns, in the backyard of the house where he's been staying for years, to a friend. A couple of days ago, he found the friend dead in the camper. Looks like maybe heroin, though the guy had serious health issues anyways.

He swears he has no emotions or feelings about any of this, and he's just going through the motions, doing what needs done. But I've been on the phone with him for an hour here, an hour there, and it's obvious that he's got some grief going on. On top of the rather huge task of cleaning up the godawful mess that was left behind in that camper. I'm still connected on social media to some of our formerly mutual friends who are mostly his friends now, and I posted on Facebook to ask if anybody would show up and bring him some food, because he mentioned to me that with money so tight it sucks that all he's got are depressing cheap frozen dinners to eat. I was like, "don't tell him it was my suggestion, he's not likely to ask anybody for help or reach out...but it would really help." Got somebody to bring him a pizza.

This is the kind of thing I mean when I say that I was just too connected to the guy for too many years, to totally not give a damn about him or to hate him. Like I'm glad I'm in another state and not being asked to show up and help clean the freakin' camper, sure...but if I can direct a little help his way, I am down to do that. This situation is awful.

Old 06-15-2022, 12:46 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,307,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My ex has been renting out living space in a camper he owns, in the backyard of the house where he's been staying for years, to a friend. A couple of days ago, he found the friend dead in the camper. Looks like maybe heroin, though the guy had serious health issues anyways.

He swears he has no emotions or feelings about any of this, and he's just going through the motions, doing what needs done. But I've been on the phone with him for an hour here, an hour there, and it's obvious that he's got some grief going on. On top of the rather huge task of cleaning up the godawful mess that was left behind in that camper. I'm still connected on social media to some of our formerly mutual friends who are mostly his friends now, and I posted on Facebook to ask if anybody would show up and bring him some food, because he mentioned to me that with money so tight it sucks that all he's got are depressing cheap frozen dinners to eat. I was like, "don't tell him it was my suggestion, he's not likely to ask anybody for help or reach out...but it would really help." Got somebody to bring him a pizza.

This is the kind of thing I mean when I say that I was just too connected to the guy for too many years, to totally not give a damn about him or to hate him. Like I'm glad I'm in another state and not being asked to show up and help clean the freakin' camper, sure...but if I can direct a little help his way, I am down to do that. This situation is awful.
When I lived in Southern California, I used to run on the beach where a seal died and rolled on to the beach. For several days the dead seal body just sat their decomposing, but the stench was really bad and this was outdoors. Inside a camper that smell has to be awful and that smell will get into everything. So trying to get over those feelings of loss when the smell keeps bringing up those memories of his friend has to be really tough. I do feel for the guy.

Old 06-15-2022, 01:01 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
When I lived in Southern California, I used to run on the beach where a seal died and rolled on to the beach. For several days the dead seal body just sat their decomposing, but the stench was really bad and this was outdoors. Inside a camper that smell has to be awful and that smell will get into everything. So trying to get over those feelings of loss when the smell keeps bringing up those memories of his friend has to be really tough. I do feel for the guy.
Yeah, well they got the body out within less than a day (he isn't sure about time of death.) But the task of cleaning the place has been ongoing. He said he had to put Vicks Vap-O-Rub in his nostrils to cope with the smell and he took two consecutive showers after the first day's work out there. They are hauling everything from inside to the dump, stripping it down to hard surfaces, and then just hosing it thoroughly with bleach water. The place was a nightmare before there was even a dead person in it, and that only made it worse.

I think they didn't really know how bad it was out there. They certainly did not know that the friend was using again. He'd had to get clean to go through chemo at one point. He had ongoing serious health problems and a lot of pain. But these guys...they're all older Army vets and they're all kind of falling apart in one way or another. There is one other guy who owns the house, and he's been out of town for work but is coming back by the end of the week, which will be good since he's the one my ex served in the military with and they're really close and good support for each other.

Old 06-19-2022, 07:48 AM

11,161 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Happy Fathers Day dads!
Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Old 06-20-2022, 02:53 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I swear, we have to have the only gardener in town with OCD.

Damn leaf blowers. LOL.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:03 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,307,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I swear, we have to have the only gardener in town with OCD.

Damn leaf blowers. LOL.
I have been on a swimmming kick at the gym. In the past I had problems with swimmer's ear and someone recommended, getting silicon ear putty. It works really well for keeping water out of my ears, but it also works really well for blocking out noise. It is surprisingly comfortable and has the consistency of silly putty. You roll it up in a ball and then stick it in your ears. You should be able to find it in a sporting goods store. I bought my silicon putty at Big 5 for less than 4 dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships