Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 10:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Yep, the 4 engine planes are pretty cool Especially if 1 engine quit. You still have 3 engines.
Or in a B-52 you have 8 engines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 04:58 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Or in a B-52 you have 8 engines.
The more , the better...

Old 06-07-2021, 11:49 AM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
4 and 6 engines? Where’s your sense of adventure? You guys need to stick to commercial flights! ( and don’t quit your day jobs).

Old 06-07-2021, 01:30 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Isn’t there a sense of adventure whether one is flying being flown?

Old 06-07-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Isn’t there a sense of adventure whether one is flying being flown?
Not so much…. Commercial flying ( to me) is like taking a bus. You just sit there and gaze at the back of the head of the person in front of you or look at the ground from too high to see much. But… when you’re at the controls…. Night and day!

Old 06-07-2021, 03:21 PM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Not so much…. Commercial flying ( to me) is like taking a bus. You just sit there and gaze at the back of the head of the person in front of you or look at the ground from too high to see much. But… when you’re at the controls…. Night and day!

In college, multiple times, I took the night owl bus service from San Francisco to Oakland, through West Oakland. Don't tell me that bus riders lack a sense of adventure. Superman said that flying was the safest form of transportation, he never said that about taking the bus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w87QeQb96rc

Old 06-07-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
In college, multiple times, I took the night owl bus service from San Francisco to Oakland, through West Oakland. Don't tell me that bus riders lack a sense of adventure. Superman said that flying was the safest form of transportation, he never said that about taking the bus.

Superman huh? What are we 12?

Old 06-07-2021, 04:06 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times

Old 06-07-2021, 04:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post

You’ve not lived until you’ve taken a Greyhound from Hampton, Virginia to Texarkana, Arkansas. To even start, the bus station was not in a great part of Hampton to be in 2003. Then 28 long hours going through shady parts of Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, until your reward is to be dropped off in Texarkana to go to the middle of nowhere. If going through rough neighborhoods isn’t living enough, your fellow passengers will also provide plenty of adventure.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:58 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You’ve not lived until you’ve taken a Greyhound from Hampton, Virginia to Texarkana, Arkansas. To even start, the bus station was not in a great part of Hampton to be in 2003. Then 28 long hours going through shady parts of Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, until your reward is to be dropped off in Texarkana to go to the middle of nowhere. If going through rough neighborhoods isn’t living enough, your fellow passengers will also provide plenty of adventure.
Duuuude... When I was 17 years old...and mind you, I was about as attractive looking as I was ever going to be at that age... My family thought it was somehow a good idea to send me on a Greyhound bus trip from Cincinnati, OH, to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to visit family during the holidays. And back. This would have been in late 1996.

I have stories.

For anyone who has never traveled by bus, they have lots of stops and layovers and connections in major (and sometimes minor) cities along the way. So one will spend quite a bit of time in various bus stations.

The weirdos that I encountered were not even limited to randoms in bus stations or fellow passengers, one of the weirdest was an actual employee in Columbus.

Met a guy who had kind of a Dog the Bounty Hunter look to him, bad face tattoos and all, who had just been released from prison and was heading home somewhere in West Virginia. He was actually a really nice dude and I felt comfortable talking to him. On a brief stop, we were both smokers and he bought a new lighter to replace his book of matches, and he couldn't figure out the child proof thingie they were putting on them in those days, I showed him how to break off the bit of plastic to make his lighter work better. We ended up being penpals for a couple of years after that. He told me he'd been locked up because some guy tried to assault a woman (don't remember if it was his sister or girlfriend) outside a bar one night, and he got in a fight with the dude and messed him up bad, so he went to jail for it.

Then there was the rather big and intimidating man outside the DC station who asked me, "are you a raven?" I had no idea what he was on about, so I said, uh...no. And he said, "that's funny. I've counted 12 ravens today, you looked like one of them, so I assumed you were. Anyhow. I'm visiting DC so that I can go to the museums. I want to rape a mummy. What brings you to the Capital?" I suddenly remembered that I had somewhere to be. This man was on the same buses as I was and seemed to be following me until a layover in Columbus, where I was avoiding him and wound up talking to a tall man who worked at the station. Uniform and all.

It was not long into our conversation, when he informed me that he was a leprechaun, but that he was unfortunately tall and thin because of a glandular problem, but it skips generations so luckily his son looks like a proper leprechaun. And would I care to see his rare book collection, in his office? Well, as weird as this was, he scared me less than the mummy raper (Hello, Arlo Guthrie) so I said that yes, sure, I would love to see his rare antique books. He took me to a room off a hallway in the station, and indeed he did have a shelf full of old looking books that he let me look at for a while, until my bus was due to arrive...and fortunately the scary guy from DC wasn't on it.

But after all that lunacy, I was seated next to a very respectable and clean cut looking young man who was enlisting in the military. Who proceeded to basically try to grope and fondle me the entire rest of the way from Columbus to Cincinnati. Of all the characters on the trip, he was the only one who actually tried anything he shouldn't have. Funny how that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships