Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2023, 05:09 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times

Advertisements

For years I’ve felt that either I was a bear in a previous life or humans (at least THIS one) has somewhat evolved from hibernating mammals. When the weather turns toward winter, my body tells me that I need hearty food and a lot of warm, snuggly sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2023, 08:14 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Such a klutz…I fell and fractured my right wrist and sprained my right ankle. The good news is that Andre is taking good care of me and my MIL is here helping with the lil monsters.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!

Old 11-22-2023, 11:36 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,308,084 times
Happy Thanksgiving!

My girlfriend is almost finished packing and then we are driving to Orange County tonight from Sacramento I heard reports that traffic is already awful in LA and going to get worse, so wish us luck.

This year I understand that we are deep frying the Turkey, hopefully that will taste good. Have fun and take care!

Old 11-22-2023, 12:49 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Best of luck with that traffic, shelato! I need to run to the store after work for milk and I'm dreading that. But I won't go to a convenience store because I've had bad experiences with milk that was either bad upon purchase or shortly thereafter so I will just have to cope with the turkey-day shoppers. I'm making a very toned-down version of Thanksgiving dinner for us tomorrow. Neither my husband nor I care a ton about it, but it feels right to me to at least roast a turkey breast and have stuffing and whatnot. Not ~all~ the whatnot. Just some.

My poor kid is really dealing with a whole mess and I have been right up to my eyeballs with his drama for the last week. It's been pretty exhausting. He's got a girlfriend, they've been homeless together living out of her car before it quit running. Now they are bouncing back and forth between nights in his father's camper, and at her parents' house. Thing is, she and her Mom are both raging alcoholics and my son is desperately trying to keep the peace so they don't lose one of the two options for a place to crash that they have left. And now conversations with her Mom have revealed to us...after I told her that one of my biggest worries was if the girlfriend got pregnant, and was wondering if the Mom knew if she was on birth control...? Well, not only is she NOT on birth control, but the Mom thinks that she SHOULD get pregnant because that will "force her to grow up."

I admit that having my kids did play a role in me getting serious about being an adult, and yet...it seems very irresponsible and like a terribly bad idea for this homeless alcoholic girl to get knocked up right now. I've told my son, he vaguely thought she "had it under control" so... ugh.

So if my holiday weekend does not involve a phone call informing me of impending grandparenthood, I think I will have a nice Thanksgiving.

Old 11-22-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

My girlfriend is almost finished packing and then we are driving to Orange County tonight from Sacramento I heard reports that traffic is already awful in LA and going to get worse, so wish us luck.

This year I understand that we are deep frying the Turkey, hopefully that will taste good. Have fun and take care!
Black Wednesday…..worst travel day of the year driving wise especially in LA area. Don’t envy you and good luck .

Old 12-22-2023, 04:38 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I don't post here much like I used to, but I just wanted to wish all a nice upcoming Christmas holiday well wishes.

Our parents are gone on both sides now and Christmas has been feeling a little less festive for the last year or so. Mrs Chow's mom was the glue and she passed away earlier this year. It's been hard not having the same traditions but things change just like it says in one of my fav Dwight Yoakam songs.

I try to be thankful for all of the good things in my/our lives and my neurotic self fears I may jinx myself. It's tough living in this head sometimes.

While this may not sound happy I'm feeling pretty good overall, we're in a good place largely speaking as I look around at some of the struggles others have and are going through.

I gotta be careful now, that neurosis might start back up.

Old 12-24-2023, 05:50 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Merry Christmas to you as well, Chowhound! And to all who celebrate.

I've been a little bit on strike, or taking a break, from the old "going all out" holiday stuff I used to do. Keeping things chill and low-key. But really, my husband has never seen me truly go nuts for any holiday yet, so maybe one day when we've bought our nice Colorado house and settled in, I'll feel motivated to decorate and celebrate big again. I wonder if he will be impressed...always hard to tell with him.

But I did mail out gifts to my kids and a couple other relatives, and cards to a bunch of others. I will cook a nice dinner tomorrow night and we have things to give to one another all wrapped out there in the living room, though no tree this year.

Old 12-24-2023, 07:42 PM

Happy holidays to all!
Can’t wait for the kids to wake up. Last week we took them up to our local ski area and had them up on skis and snowboards. They really had fun with their dad. I was sidelined…..as I am not quite 100% after my fall.

Old 12-25-2023, 05:01 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Happy holidays to all!
Can’t wait for the kids to wake up. Last week we took them up to our local ski area and had them up on skis and snowboards. They really had fun with their dad. I was sidelined…..as I am not quite 100% after my fall.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas Everyone...

When we were youngsters, & dad was stationed in Germany (army- Ben Franklin Village)- we stayed at Eibsee Hotel, in Austria. We had great fun skiing & ice skating nearby, close to the lake.

Old 12-28-2023, 03:26 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Sydney, I hope that you are on the mend and that your wrist and ankle are healing nicely!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships