Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 08:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Aw man, Im so sad. Just saw a post from long time poster and moderator NMNITA that said "eternal member". Anyone know what happened?
Last November I think. Sounded like COVID. I was sad when I saw that news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 09:43 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Aw man, Im so sad. Just saw a post from long time poster and moderator NMNITA that said "eternal member". Anyone know what happened?
I loved her. She'd been on CDF for the long haul. We are so fortunate to have had her share all that she remembered about her life right here on CDF. I especially love everything she shared about when she lived in California, and her food forum contributions. Spoiled brat was what she called her husband whenever she referenced him, I loved that.

I'm so sorry to hear she has passed away - she lived an interesting and long life.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:31 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings gambit View Post
aw man, im so sad. Just saw a post from long time poster and moderator nmnita that said "eternal member". Anyone know what happened?

So horrible. We talked privately several times

Old 08-20-2021, 07:34 AM

22,349 posts, read 29,457,534 times
So if you don't believe in the science of the vaccine then how can you believe in the science that saves you from dying from Covid??

Old 08-20-2021, 01:04 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So if you don't believe in the science of the vaccine then how can you believe in the science that saves you from dying from Covid??
Well according to the “experts†I have about the same chance of recovery whether I get the vaccine or not should I get the virus ( which apparently I already have). So far…. It doesn’t make sense for me to get a vaccine that isn’t going to up my odds significantly more than my natural immunity. I am all for those who are in the high risk category to get the vaccine, and for now I will continue to social distance and mask up where mandated, but I am in no rush to get the jab at present. Not saying I will never get it, but for now… not happening.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:17 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,159 times
The blood clotting issue the vaccine can have is said to be more of a risk to young women in their childbearing years, than Covid itself.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:48 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
The blood clotting issue the vaccine can have is said to be more of a risk to young women in their childbearing years, than Covid itself.
Said by who? I have not heard that.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Said by who? I have not heard that.
Just Google Covid vaccine blood clot young women.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:41 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Just Google Covid vaccine blood clot young women.
OK, I did.

The first results were pages that debunked that as a myth.

I finally, after looking down the page a ways, found some older news articles that placed the risk at about 6 in 6.8 million, or .00009%.

Which is a much lower chance than the risk of blood clots from:

Smoking (I smoke)
Pregnancy
Sitting too long
Birth Control Pills

and a bunch of other things.

Wait...found a more updated article! It took the risk from 6 cases out of 6.8 million doses administered, to 28 cases out of 9 million doses administered. .00031% Six of those cases were men.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ne-blood-clots

The risks from Covid have seemed greater to me. I take medications, eat food, and do many activities in life that have a non-zero risk of causing me illness, injury or death.

EDIT: Further reading says that there have been no reports of this from either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
OK, I did.

The first results were pages that debunked that as a myth.

I finally, after looking down the page a ways, found some older news articles that placed the risk at about 6 in 6.8 million, or .00009%.

Which is a much lower chance than the risk of blood clots from:

Smoking (I smoke)
Pregnancy
Sitting too long
Birth Control Pills

and a bunch of other things.

Wait...found a more updated article! It took the risk from 6 cases out of 6.8 million doses administered, to 28 cases out of 9 million doses administered. .00031% Six of those cases were men.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ne-blood-clots

The risks from Covid have seemed greater to me. I take medications, eat food, and do many activities in life that have a non-zero risk of causing me illness, injury or death.

EDIT: Further reading says that there have been no reports of this from either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.
Bear in mind the data you are reading is from a vaccine that was released not even a year ago.

The could be just the tip of the iceberg.

And we don't know how many deaths have occurred that have not been connected to the vaccine but may be still have been caused by it.

Unless someone drops dead within minutes of getting the vaccine and has absolutely no other history of health issues, then the death won't be considered vaccine related.

But if a person dies weeks or months later, and they do an autopsy, and see blood clots. The coroners are going to say this person died of blood clots and this was likely a preexisting undx condition. They won't link it directly to the vaccine. If they got the vaccine in the past week or month or two? They can't say it's more than "coincidental timing."

So the actual number of people who have actually died as a direct result of the vaccine. This statistic does not exist publically.

Sometimes you gotta use your critical thinking skills. Be Sherlock Holmes. Put the pieces of the puzzle together.

To me it's an investigation in progress. I'm just sitting back and watching what unfolds. But I'm not comfortable with letting them inject that into me yet. Maybe some day I will be. And Ive every right to make that choice. We all have the right to refuse if we are not comfortable. And to educate ourselves as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships