Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 06:42 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,828 times

Advertisements

We have an official endorsement!

personals.yahoo.com

Go for it Sister!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:59 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,420,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Uh......Robyn and pirate girl - I met my husband thru Yahoo's dating site

We emailed for awhile, then "graduated" to talking on the phone and finally meeting.....we've been together for 9 years now and married for 2-1/2

I say go for it - start out as "email buddies" and go from there if the "vibe" is right....of course then you have to let us all know so we can throw you all our "safety tips" for meeting someone in person whom you've met online.....
I met MsV! She was from online! heehee

Old 04-27-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
We have an official endorsement!

personals.yahoo.com

Go for it Sister!
You guys are just killing me here... cracking up. Think any of the good ole boys are up there on Yahoo?

lol I don't.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:18 PM

Try it out anyway- you'd be surprised. Maybe a good ol' boy who's not so rough around the edges is just what the doctor ordered.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,080,481 times
PG & DtD, I want you in my corner if I'm ever in the same position!
Yes, Robyn and I have met, and I've slept on that comfortable couch she was mentioning a few posts ago... I can assure you all that she is the real McCoy! Sweet, lovely and very attractive ~ as sensitive and 'real' as she sounds.
I'm guessing when you are ready Robyn, you will find a way to meet lots of new adult friends...but the others are right, you make no 'social' time for yourself ~ too many things to worry about. Worrying is so much easier when it is shared. That's all I'm going to say...it'll happen when it's meant to happen. Peace!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:38 AM

314 posts, read 720,014 times
yahoo personals gave me a very nice gentleman to date and spend time with lately. I will say knowing the questions to ask, waiting to hear a go for it moment in your head and taking basic safety precautions can make it fun.

When you are ready you will know. First be gentle with yourself and the rest will happen as the path unfolds. Enjoy!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:26 AM

Well, good morning all. I was going to start a new thread this morning, but I just did not like where it was going. Again, not much sleep.

So, I will face the day, having two loads of laundry behind me, and a good cup of coffee infront of me, in a Tink cup, of course.

I suppose you all will have to get together and write my ad. That is too funny. It sounded like that is what MsV was doing.

No one wants to get up today and the kids are already trying to trash the house.

I just talked with them about that. It made L mad. ugh.

Oh well, onto the rest of the day, I guess...

Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM

OK- we all need to do something.

Robyn may not want to keep us posted on the status of her dating- especially if it's internet related.....

Poor Robyn has so many Cyber-big sisters, Cyber-big brothers and Cyber-parents that she may be afraid to share the gory details- I know I would probably be.

So let's give her some safety advice- she's not been on the dating bicycle in years. The world is different and the internet dating world is very different.

Folks with experience- can you tell us how you meet someone the first time...how long you wait......what you try to learn?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,010,774 times
Robyn, I just read on Yahoo of the terrible storms in your area. I came looking for this thread and couldn't find it. Then it seemed as if you didn't exist on this forum. I'm sure that it was my poor search skills (I did finally find you), but I was beginning to think I lost my mind!

What is going on there? Are you and the kids OK?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,839,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Robyn, I just read on Yahoo of the terrible storms in your area. I came looking for this thread and couldn't find it. Then it seemed as if you didn't exist on this forum. I'm sure that it was my poor search skills (I did finally find you), but I was beginning to think I lost my mind!

What is going on there? Are you and the kids OK?
She posted earlier in this thread: Tornado in Suffolk
-------------------
cinderobyn, Take Care! Sorry you had such a stressful day! *HUGS* from the "other" Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships