Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,129,302 times

Advertisements

Hi cinderobyn, have they been treating you any better at work since you returned from the hospital stay?
I would hope that they have been treating you with more respect, compassion and kindness lately.
Do you have the feeling that they're ganging up on you and actually trying to pressure you to leave, or are they really trying to act nicer toward you to keep you doing more than your fair share of work?
Maybe they're just as mean as ever because that's in their nature?
I guess that I'm curious about the office manager and the assistant, and whether the "Boss" Doctor has tried to smooth things out at all by telling them to lighten up on you?
I really hope that you've been feeling better and aren't being pressured to make a hasty job move before you feel that the time and circumstances are right.

Last edited by sun; 04-22-2008 at 01:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 03:45 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,466,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Let the kids call him when they want. See how he likes it.
When it is like that... they don't call him. But when they are with him, they call me now... now that he lets them...

I ask them here if they wanna call him, well, I used to...

They just say thats ok, we'll wait til he calls. Now he doesn't call because he has changed jobs and his hours have shifted. Although he IS home in time to call and talk to L.

He doesn't. Sometimes he calls and leaves a message on voice mail and has to find things to say... then when he does, it sounds rehearsed and like he is talking to a five year old....

Boy, he doesn't realize how grown up these kids really are....

Morning Rance..

Old 04-22-2008, 03:54 AM

Hi Sun... Good Morning. Last week wasn't so bad, neither was yesterday. I am thinking that the dr must have said something to them, because I said some things to him.

They still have their attitude..... The aom has been sort of, oh I don't know how to explain it. I had a complaint about her to the dr. That first day when I lost time I called and talked to her, she is also a nurse. As soon as I was aware, I called and asked for the OM, the AOM got on the phone.

I was trying to tell her what happened, as there I was at home, having not called in. She told me she did not care what happened to me, was I coming to work or not. Yes or no?

I had a big problem with that. not only was I calling to tell them that I was not coming in, but I was also talking to a 'nurse' who works for the dr where I rec my care and she did not listenn to me.

The owning physician told me in the hospital that she should not have been in the position made by me to be both her supervisor and a nurse, and he answered the statement with the word "Right" turning it into a question to me.

I said.. No... wrong. If she could not handle being both, she should have turned the phone over to a nurse in the practice who could have handled me telling them what had happened to me. I said that was not acceptable in a medical practice.

I told him there is a racial divide in the practice and there are bad things going on in there. I was in that hospital bed as his patient, and he was asking me questions about his office.

Now, that was wrong of HIM.

So, I have strayed in your questions. I have been treated better since my hospital stay, but it should not take a hospital stay resulting from so much stress to recieve better treatment. It should have always been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Hi cinderobyn, have they been treating you any better at work since you returned from the hospital stay?
I would hope that they have been treating you with more respect, compassion and kindness lately.
Do you have the feeling that they're ganging up on you and actually trying to pressure you to leave, or are they really trying to act nicer toward you to keep you doing more than your fair share of work?
Maybe they're just as mean as ever because that's in their nature?
I guess that I'm curious about the office manager and the assistant, and whether the "Boss" Doctor has tried to smooth things out at all by telling them to lighten up on you?
I really hope that you've been feeling better and aren't being pressured to make a hasty job move before you feel that the time and circumstances are right.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 AM

I am telling this child that she is talking back and she does not need to be doing that. So then she says I am not talking back, then I say that was an example. I am stating things to you which do not require anything else to be said.

She hears her bus and says, "OK your heiness (sp) ." Walks out the door. Tweenage drama queen..... Is it ok to scream now? Maybe just inside my head. Yes, I am screaming in my head.

And breathe 2,3,4

Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,857,686 times
My son is the same way Robyn........ you're not alone.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:37 PM

Happy Tuesday evening. I went today right after work about an hour away from my house and did some testing for a job I sent a resume in for. Passed all of the tests, thats good...

The job is more local than that, but the HR dept of all the hospitals is out there. It was my half day and I got out of there at 4:30... out of this HR center.

I did not really sleep well last night, and it is showing now, and I felt like it was showing during the testing. I suppose I could have done better.

She was happy, she said that I passed the portions that everyone else fails.. Mathematics and Medical Terminology. I couldn't think straight in exel to save my life. I was tested on that.

Things that could be done simply with the click of a mouse, but they wanted you to show all these round about ways od doing it that are just a pain in the butt, and I felt like I may fall asleep right there at the computer!

She is submitting my test results, and she or the HR recruiter will be back with me one way or another...

Old 04-23-2008, 04:36 AM

Good Morning... not getting much sleep here lately, and there is a dag on frog hanging out in my neighbors pond right next to my bedroom. Thats all I hear half the night is him croaking.

Normally that would not even be an issue. I would just fall to sleep. Now, withsome things on my mind, I hear the frog talking.

Things running through my mind. Thoughts, worries. Wishes and dreams. Sleep comes to me finally, but I do not realize it.

The thoughts and worries carry over into my dreams as I sleep. With this, it is as though I have not even gone to sleep, because the same things are there in my mind. My awake mind, and my sleeping mind.

My son just sings the La LA song from the Smurfs, I didn't think he had ever seen that show. It makes me smile. I watched that show as I suppose a 9yo. I don't know. I ask him if he ever saw the show, knowing he must have, to know the song.

He saw it at the house of Shackles and Chains. Says it came on very early in the morning. I can see that.

I need something that will help me come out of how I have been feeling.

I am in the alone feeling again. Ever since I was in the hospital. Trying my best to be happy, at work, at home. Who ever knew that trying to be happy would take your strength?

I never knew. Since being in the hospital, the feeling of lack of family is really ever present. My friend from work brought the kids that Friday night to see me there for a few minutes, before they went out to eat.

After that, it was just me, myself and I. The nurses here and there. The noise of the tv. I was not really watching it. Just falling asleep off and on.

Walking up and down the halls... Drs coming in. Leaving. Three drs in all. There was one nurse in particular who took really good care of me while I was there. She was the 7-3 shift.

I went back last week and thanked her for the excellent care. She was a bit shocked. I suppose that does not normally happen. When someone does well at what they do, I always try to commend them on it.

It makes things worth while. In the everyday feel of our work, day in and day out, we need to known that we are appreciated, and that we are doing well at our lifes work. She was. I thought she needed to know.

I am supposed to have a test this morning, but I will have to call and reshedule. I forgot to tell aom about it.

I was supposed to have this on an outpatient basis, supposed to have it in the hospital. I forgot it was today until last night.

I am rambling just now.

I hope everyone has a great HUMPDAY!

The coffee is good, at least...

Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,195,760 times
Morning Robyn - Good luck on the job you tested for! Hope you hear some good news about it soon!

You know, I think it's normal for you to be feeling alone right now and having things going through your mind. You had a health problem and ended up in the hospital - A has been sick - L is being a teenage girl - you're having problems at work. As basically a "single mom" it natural to feel alone.

Sure, you're not in close proximity to your family and you miss them, but you definitely are not alone - your family is a phone call away when you feel the need to "connect" with them and can't be there physically. You have your friends here on C-D. Most importantly, you have your faith, which has enabled you to move from the "house of shackles and chains" to the "house of chimes."

When you were still with IB, I'd be willing to bet you also felt you were alone, even if you were together - make sense? I hope so. It's not easy being basically single, raising two children and holding down a job where you are not happy and are treated badly.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, though. I would suspect that as you regain your health, A regains his, L starts to "smooth out" and you get a different job, your outlook will improve and you won't feel as alone. Is there any way someone in your family could come and visit you on a weekend so you wouldn't have to drive to them and spend the extra gas money? Maybe you could work something out where one month you visit them, the next they visit you? It might help you feel less alone if you had something like that going on?

In any case, remember - you may feel alone, but you definitely are NOT alone......ever.........

Old 04-23-2008, 12:15 PM

It does make sense, I suppose one day everything will come together... I don't know.

I know i am never alone, I know that, but sometimes, it sure does feel like it, no matter if I have 40 thousand people around me, no matter.

Sometimes, in this life, I feel alone. Thats just how it is, and there is nothing I can do to change that...

Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,360,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
]
Sometimes, in this life, I feel alone. Thats just how it is, and there is nothing I can do to change that...
Well, you certainly like staying in your own little thread and not mingle with us... It'd be interesting to see how it works out if all of us did the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships