Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2008, 01:46 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,196,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
It does make sense, I suppose one day everything will come together... I don't know.

I know i am never alone, I know that, but sometimes, it sure does feel like it, no matter if I have 40 thousand people around me, no matter.

Sometimes, in this life, I feel alone. Thats just how it is, and there is nothing I can do to change that...
Robyn - Trust me when I saw one day it WILL all come together. When I left my ex, I was alone. My son was already out on his own and living 3 hours away. The "friends" I thought I had disappeared - long story, but turns out they were more "acquaintences" than they were friends. My family was around, but not very supportive - they liked the ex and for a long time didn't really believe all that went on in the marriage.

I spent a lot of time learning about myself again - a lot of "me" had been lost while in that marriage. I forced myself to get out and do things by myself, things I enjoyed....sometimes I went to a movie, lunch, dinner, whatever, other times I just felt like staying home and reading.

Eventually, by going out on my own, I was able to meet people who became friends and a support system so I didn't feel so alone. My family also started to see what the ex was like, so they were more "available", but there was a period of a little over a year where I was on my own.

When you feel you are alone, remember, you have your children with you - that's a wonderful thing. Your family cares about you. I don't know what I'm trying to say here, except there will come a time when you do not feel so alone. With the stress you've been under since leaving, it's understandable that it's probably starting to catch up to you now, and that may well be contributing to your feelings of being alone. Right now, you have a lot of eggs in your basket, so to speak - the crap at work, the insurance mess IB created, your health problems, etc. It may be that you just feel everything is crashing down around your head all at once again, so you feel down, which makes you feel alone.

It will get better - I promise you that. Give yourself a "time out" to do something you really enjoy - take a bubble bath, read a book, treat yourself to a coffee from somewhere - whatever it is, just pamper yourself for a little while - you'll start to see that things can and will get better.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 04:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,469,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, you certainly like staying in your own little thread and not mingle with us... It'd be interesting to see how it works out if all of us did the same.
You're stalking me again, aren't you?

Thats ok, I don't mind. I like some of the people who stalk me... LOL

I am all over the place, you! But sometimes, I just shake my head and hit the back button, asking myself why I even typed all that out... who even cares!

Thank you for visiting my little thread.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
I am all over the place, you! But sometimes, I just shake my head and hit the back button, asking myself why I even typed all that out...
I do it occasionally, too, but most of the time I can't keep my mouth shut.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I do it occasionally, too, but most of the time I can't keep my mouth shut.
I know... especially when I am in there...

Old 04-23-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Robyn - Trust me when I saw one day it WILL all come together. When I left my ex, I was alone. My son was already out on his own and living 3 hours away. The "friends" I thought I had disappeared - long story, but turns out they were more "acquaintences" than they were friends. My family was around, but not very supportive - they liked the ex and for a long time didn't really believe all that went on in the marriage.

I spent a lot of time learning about myself again - a lot of "me" had been lost while in that marriage. I forced myself to get out and do things by myself, things I enjoyed....sometimes I went to a movie, lunch, dinner, whatever, other times I just felt like staying home and reading.

Eventually, by going out on my own, I was able to meet people who became friends and a support system so I didn't feel so alone. My family also started to see what the ex was like, so they were more "available", but there was a period of a little over a year where I was on my own.

When you feel you are alone, remember, you have your children with you - that's a wonderful thing. Your family cares about you. I don't know what I'm trying to say here, except there will come a time when you do not feel so alone. With the stress you've been under since leaving, it's understandable that it's probably starting to catch up to you now, and that may well be contributing to your feelings of being alone. Right now, you have a lot of eggs in your basket, so to speak - the crap at work, the insurance mess IB created, your health problems, etc. It may be that you just feel everything is crashing down around your head all at once again, so you feel down, which makes you feel alone.

It will get better - I promise you that. Give yourself a "time out" to do something you really enjoy - take a bubble bath, read a book, treat yourself to a coffee from somewhere - whatever it is, just pamper yourself for a little while - you'll start to see that things can and will get better.........
I suppose I have all the time in the world.... Yes, everything is catching up to me right now, for some reason, just everything.

You know, possibly another strengthening mechanism, who knows. Seems like there is just so much all at once, but then, the last time this happened was around the time when my car blew up. If there were just one more thing, I just could not have handled it.

The next day things started to wind down. I suppose He will see when one more thing will be more than I can take, and the same thing will happen again, things will get easier.

I don't see it right now, though.

But you have been very encouraging in all of your words, through all of this,

Thank you so very much... It is so good to have someone who has been there... who knows what is going on. Thank you.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I know... especially when I am in there...
Hey, at least I usually refrain from unsolicited (and even solicited) and personal advice... I'm just an innocent stalker.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Hey, at least I usually refrain from unsolicited (and even solicited) and personal advice... I'm just an innocent stalker.
LOL... well, I solicite advice all the time. I have been so blessed with the group of folks in here, reading my words, and commenting, lending advice, sometimes kicking me in the butt when I need it...

Oh well.... such is life, I guess we are all here for a reason, right?

Old 04-23-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
LOL... well, I solicite advice all the time. I have been so blessed with the group of folks in here, reading my words, and commenting, lending advice, sometimes kicking me in the butt when I need it...
Oh, I don't know... some people are influenced easily... I can't and don't wanna be responsible for their potential regrets later on.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,799,380 times
Hey ((((((((((((Robyn)))))))))))))

Thinking about you, sending well wishes your way my friend.

All is well in the world we live in.

XOXO

Old 04-24-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Hey ((((((((((((Robyn)))))))))))))

Thinking about you, sending well wishes your way my friend.

All is well in the world we live in.

XOXO
Good morning Hayley. I hope I spelled it right that time...

Thanking you for the well wishes, and sending them right on back.

Do you remember telling em to have my thread erased, so long ago? When it was just Where is the Love? You know, I thought about it, but I am so glad I didn't. Three more threads came after it, and they were life savers.

For me, and maybe for some other people as well.

Really, I know all is well in this world we live in... but sometimes, it doesn't feel like it.

It has felt good not to speak to ib for several days. I am liking this new shift he is working. The kids don't seem to be having a problem not speaking with him on a daily basis.

Have a great day. I don't know what time zone you are in, but if you are in mine, or even central.. what in the heck are you doing up in the middle of the night?

I couldn't sleep last night... I was surfing the web til about midnight, and still couldn't get tired. I bet I'll be tired at work.. gggrrr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships