Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
I agree with your statement, many times it is based on the overall look and how it all goes together. But it doesn't make sense because when I look at a woman like Kerry Washington, she seems to have the full package, but she is criticized for wearing weave and being too thin.

People call her all sorts of names for being a size 0. I am just trying to understand why light women do not seem to be judged by the same metric and btw, Kerry Washington is not even that dark.
Who's Kerry Washington?
...And who calls her names?

I must be missing out, because I do not follow random people on social media or **** like that.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Because most people look average!

...And I'll tell ya one thing, the average black woman here is OBESE!
...I am serious, the obesity rate in the southern black community is VERY high.
See Nyanna he hates fat woman and you are a thin black woman, get together and you can make beautiful thin babies together.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
See Nyanna he hates fat woman and you are a thin black woman, get together and you can make beautiful thin babies together.
Thin and malnourished babies are not something I wish to have....

Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 AM

162 posts, read 190,482 times
Quote:
Who's Kerry Washington?
...And who calls her names?

I must be missing out, because I do not follow random people on social media or **** like that.
She is an actress who is constantly berated and hated on, because she is a very thin black woman. Black guys constantly bash her and complain about her hair weave, but she looks very well put together, so I don't understand why her hair weave is an issue. It's not an issue when the woman is biracial or white.

Kerry Washington on the View HD - YouTube

Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
I have noticed that some guys, judge certain women harshly, but give a pass to other women, who exhibit the same traits. I've heard countless black guys on blogs complain about women with hair weaves and tattoos, but they don't seem to mind if the woman has hair extensions and tattoos if she is biracial or white.

This biracial girl in the video has so many black guy subscribers that it's not even funny. None of them seem to mind her hair weave or tattoos, why is that? But many of the same black guys criticize black women who choose to wear hair extensions. Why is it ok to judge a woman if she is dark by certain standards, but totally dismiss those same standards if she is non dark.

I understand that many guys find the girl in the video pretty so some may say, it's due to her looks, but there are a number of pretty dark women who are constantly criticized for their hair weave. It seems like the main difference is, the light girl is not judged by the same standard that the dark girl is held to.

Sometimes I feel like I need to be perfect just to find someone decent to date.

Updated tattoos & piercings - YouTube

I notice this with black male celebs too. People constantly call black women whores and gold diggers, yet black males worship Kanye for dating and having a baby with Kim K. Kim K is the queen of the whores. It doesn't get more whorish than making a sex tape and selling it. Also, she wears hair weave and had butt implants, breast implants, a nose job, face contortion and liposuction. It doesn't get more plastic, yet black guys still seem to worship her. The worst part is, now kim is a baby's mama, yet still no judgement at her black male adoring fans, why is that?
I don't disagree with you, but I don't see the point in dwelling on why they do it. The reason is because they are hypocrites and they aren't very bright.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
She is an actress who is constantly berated and hated on, because she is a very thin black woman. Black guys constantly bash her and complain about her hair weave, but she looks very well put together, so I don't understand why her hair weave is an issue. It's not an issue when the woman is biracial or white.

damn! She got great legs. wow!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:

I think she looks great for a black woman, but I ain't black.

I dun even know what a hair weave is though...

Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't disagree with you, but I don't see the point in dwelling on why they do it. The reason is because they are hypocrites and they aren't very bright.
Thanks for being honest. I just want more people to be honest and stop pretenting as though I'm making this stuff up.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:13 AM

84 posts, read 84,359 times
Quote:
Unless you put on something called "white face" or there is some technology that could change the pigment of your skin, you are better off on working on some of your other factors to make yourself stand out and try to cancel out the preference certain men have against your skin colour.
You actually can change the pigment of your skin. Actually I made an appointment with a dermatologist who is going to whiten my whole body. I saved up the money for the procedure and plan on getting it done.

Bambi, they are just going to tell you what you want to hear and feed you with a bunch of PC garbage about loving yourself and the ol "darkskin is beautiful" feel good messages. I'm going to be proactive and do something about it and change my color, maybe you could do the same

Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Understand is the last thing you are trying to do.

Why do YOU think they are treated better ? Let's hear your opinion.

Then please give it a rest.
I think it just boils down to skin color. White is thought of as the epitome of beauty, so anything that comes closest to this "ideal" is viewed as beautiful. The colors that are futhest from white are viewed as ugly.

People are sometimes uncomfortable with admitting this truth, so they hide behind other reasons for excluding certain women. It becomes convenient to say, I don't like hair weave or maybe even her behavior, but the problem is, the same guys who say these things, don't seem to have a problem when a light or white women behaves in that fashion.

Kanye was screaming about sluts, gold diggers and baby mama's but yet his Armanian woman is a ****, gold digger and now a baby mama. I'm just pointing out the contradictions. Likewise on youtube, beauty crush has a huge black male following. Many of the guys who are on her channel have been known to criticize hair weave and tattoos on women. These same guys are silent and if anything very complimentary towards beauty crush. They tell her that she is beautiful and the ideal woman. When I point out the contradiction, they block my comments and call me a jealous hater. I have never said anything hateful to her and I wouldn't post any hateful comments on her page. I just asked why don't they comment on her hair weave and tattos.

They don't seem to mind the weave or tattoos when the woman is light and looks like beauty crush, but they will always comment on weave and make it an issue when even attractive black women do it. If the girl is dark, forget about it, she will receive hell for doing what many other women do and get praised for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships