Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,275,702 times

Advertisements

As the title states. I was dating an older woman and the looks I got from other women sort of confused me. Most of them around my age, mid 20s.

We are both pretty attractive people.

From what I was getting they couldve been confused, impressed, or wondering whats wrong with them... I have no idea. Some even seemed to be giving me the "eyes" but that could just be me.

But id like to try to get some input here from some women.

What do you think when you see a guy your age dating an older woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM

223 posts, read 207,804 times
I don't care.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
nothing wrong at all. the notion of spending a life together went out with the trash. 42 million divorces ago. mostly filed by women. the good part for young guys u will never be paying her alimony, she will be dead.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,465 times
Actually, as a woman who dated lots of younger men once upon a time, I think that the women your age who resent your dating an "older" woman resent it because of their insecurity.

What they don't realize is that it should, instead, encourage them that attractiveness, sexuality and the fun of relationships do not end when a woman passes 30 (or 40, or 50, etc.)

Many times also women in their 20s are aware of their biological clock ticking and they want to marry and have children in the worst way and resent the older women from interfering in their "pool of eligible men"...

Don't worry about it...date who you want to date and enjoy it. I suggest you also google my friend Jennifer Braff...you will find unenhanced current photos of her and she is now, 52 or 53 I believe. You will see why women in their 20s would resent her, when again, they should be so encouraged (except for the fact that, should they be in her presence with their significant other, that man will definitely find it difficult to take his eyes off Jennifer!)
Good luck!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,042,801 times
The photos might not be enhanced but her boobs sure are.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
I guess 'toy boy' might come to mind. I expect a lot would look down/resent it, like when men see attractive young things with old men, they automatically see them as gold-diggers with sugar daddies.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
The photos might not be enhanced but her boobs sure are.

Your point?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,275,702 times
MagnoliaThunder: good points you mention and your friend is very nice, A bit exotic looking compared to my date but they both take care of their skin and that gives her youth. Honestly the thing that drew me to her was her personality, age never was an issue with me it just happened to be that she was 40. Women my age dont listen to Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd lol.

I wasnt sure if they were wondering what I was "packing" or what she had in her bank account. You know those are two common ideas I think others would get. When in reality it was the personality traits.

In reality I could care less what people think, but when that was going on with me and her I had this whole new side of attention brought my way and it made me think a bit...

Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
MagnoliaThunder: good points you mention and your friend is very nice, A bit exotic looking compared to my date but they both take care of their skin and that gives her youth. Honestly the thing that drew me to her was her personality, age never was an issue with me it just happened to be that she was 40. Women my age dont listen to Black Sabbath and Pink Floyd lol.

I wasnt sure if they were wondering what I was "packing" or what she had in her bank account. You know those are two common ideas I think others would get. When in reality it was the personality traits.

In reality I could care less what people think, but when that was going on with me and her I had this whole new side of attention brought my way and it made me think a bit...

Yes, looks can only take us so far if there is nothing else...personality, just "clicking" with someone makes everything so nice! I'm with you too --- never happened to think about age one way or another -- I either liked someone or I didn't feel a connection...

Jennifer is exotic -- part Filipino -- but what makes her lovely to me is that, in getting to know her, her heart is so big, she is so sincere and loves life ... so many lovely women are offputting, or just mean and self-obsessed, but Jen is the real deal...lovely inside and it shows outside!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM

I should add that Jennifer's genes are also important - her 75 year old father looks as if he's about 45, so that's part of her blessings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships