Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 07:00 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,280,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
No, the only advice I have to give is that any girl that goes with them has just won the lottery on a personal level.
Perhaps if she hails from an impoverished, underdeveloped country. Even then it would be a massive fail.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:03 PM

106 posts, read 172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Perhaps if she hails from an impoverished, underdeveloped country. Even then it would be a massive fail.
You speak as if you knew them. Anyway, it's really stimulating to argue with a kid.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You speak as if you knew them. Anyway, it's really stimulating to argue with a kid.
I wish I was still a kid, although men like you and your brother remind me of the troubled world my daughter will live in. The few posts you have on this forum tell a strange story.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,946,047 times
Quote:
Well, can you offer any advice to young women in how they can avoid those kind like from your family line? Really, with a daughter on the way the posts on this forum scare the crap out of me for her.
I would not worry too much. Trust me, most men I run into in real life are nothing like some of the C-D riff-raff.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I would not worry too much. Trust me, most men I run into in real life are nothing like some of the C-D riff-raff.
Me too. Maybe he's just a troll. I'm also watching that new series Hannibal on Hulu while on here and that's not helping the atmosphere. I have spooky sound track going with this thread.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:10 PM

106 posts, read 172,230 times
Quote:
I wish I was still a kid, although men like you and your brother remind me of the troubled world my daughter will live in. The few posts you have on this forum tell a strange story.
You shouldn't bring a child to a troubled world then even though I admire your courage (or insanity) by doing so. Men like me? I work, I come home, I take care of my dog, I go shopping, I help friends in need...I live my life and I don't bother anyone. I can't see what's so terrible about me.

My brother has to live with the consequences of his actions. As his brother, I can only help him as best as I can. There are murderers and child molesters in the world, you should worry more about those.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't bring a child to a troubled world then even though I admire your courage (or insanity) by doing so. Men like me? I work, I come home, I take care of my dog, I go shopping, I help friends in need...I live my life and I don't bother anyone. I can't see what's so terrible about me.

My brother has to live with the consequences of his actions. As his brother, I can only help him as best as I can. There are murderers and child molesters in the world, you should worry more about those.
What your brother has done to his one child, his wife, the countless women he's had affairs with under who knows pretense, his views about women are probably similar to yours and it's something to protect a child from. There's no reason to ignore something a bit more subtle when held against the extreme like murder. It still comes down to bad people.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:33 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,638,251 times
Whoever wants to glorify the single moms in general should know some facts (I really hope that people know the difference between single mom and divorced mom). It is not about people with 200,000$ annual salary doing it, if they had a bit more money those moms could travel to the moon and be the first woman who landed on the moon as well. A mom with that much money would still not do it, even though she can literally hire nannies and a father himself for her child to be there while she keeps with her career. Also note that her goal isn't to have her son finish high school and she won't measure her success with her child finishing university - all her peers are obtaining Ivy League education for their child. You'll find more rich women adopting a child of their choice from orphanage or hiring a surrogate/doing IVF to get their biological child, than the number of moms who stayed unmarried and had their child. Rich folks won't have many children, one is enough to inherit wealth from both, or possibly two just in case the first one gets ran over a car. They love such lifestyle, they want their children to be even more influential. Merging wealth with their husbands for their children is a safe option to increase their child's wealth as well as a number of connections that their child has.
After all, if an average profile of a single mom was ever the one shown on tv shows (rich millionaire mom finds a guy who gets her pregnant and disappears!), you wouldn't have a situation where single motherhood costs more than 500 BILLION dollars: How Much Does Single-Mother Poverty Cost Our Nation? | Poverty & Policy

We live in an age when contraception is so widespread that every place in USA (including Nevada Desert) has condoms, pills, spirals and other contraception alternatives available within 5-mile radius. And on top of that, knowledge of contraception methods is widespread even among teenagers.
Blaming men for forcing women to go through pregnancy as Brauwyn made, is incredibly ignorant and is in fact man-hating. Please don't tell me that close to 3/4 of all annual pregnancies are "unplanned" because men forced women to sex to stay pregnant. You can rather argue that men helped to boost the huge number of abortions with shaming about child support, rather than lower it by shaming women to bring children into this world from their casual sex. Men are the ones who risk child support payments, and unlike what people think, those payments aren't supposed to cover either full child's costs or to cover apartment renting, mother's expenses and her boyfriend's vices, that's the money to cover half of the expenses for a child, not the rent of mother's expenses - that's alimony. Average child support payment is 550$/month in last year, though it depends on parent's salary. You can't argue that a child's expenses will cost more than 1100$ per month on average (since both parents should share expenses), some folks actually support a whole household with 1100$/month income. Ignoring the fact that there is a widespread culture of using pregnancy on purpose to force marriage or get child support (or live on welfare) is rather very hateful. Stop with the "superwoman and incompetent man in the modern world" myth, reality in average daily life is something else. This isn't an excuse for HDavid's brother, his brother is an a$$hole.

I'd like to give my opinion on abortions as well. What makes me incredibly mad is how they recently interviewed children and over 90% of boys and girls in their high schools said that "you can always have an abortion" and media were "shocked, but satisfied how children are well informed that abortion should be practiced as a last resort". First, I wouldn't say those kids even thought of abortion as a last resort by the way they said it, second - they are so deadly wrong as well. Same news reporter deliberately skipped to tell those children that this is a big lie. You cannot always abort, because there are time constraints as well as the fact that in some conservative parts of the country you'll have to travel over 50 or 100 miles to reach a clinic which doesn't object to abortions, or you'll have to do it illegally. On top of that, they also never told them that those children will be faced with incredible emotional shock when they need to make that decision themselves - it is not only physical, but a psychological and moral blow upon one's personality to the point when some people get a phobia and don't want to have any children in their lives afterwards, either out of fear or out of personal guilt, while being forced to "justify their actions to themselves" for the rest of their lives.

By the way, I was really in awe reading elained's posts. I am really sorry that I don't know her in person, and for not meeting a woman like her when I dated. I think this is the worst thing, really. She can sue that "daddy" for child support, but she's awkward and doesn't do it, while he scratches his genitals and probably makes out with another woman while being child-free or hangs around the town with his buddies, while someone else is raising his biological offspring. Child support is made for those cases, but unfortunately people who should have used it are the ones who are ashamed to do it or have certain principles that stop them from doing it.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:42 PM

373 posts, read 646,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Consider yourself lucky...riff-raff are plentiful in real life. I could give you a whole list of names. And I do not live far from you, so they are around.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,776,509 times
Typical and not out of the ordinary. That's what I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships