Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,274,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I haven't read the entire thread.

If a man leaves you because you got pregnant, then he was either childfree or never really committed to you at all.

I don't believe that condoms can fail without perfect use (no holes, rips, doesn't slip off). HOW would sperm penetrate a condom without any holes??? HOW? That isn't possible.

I don't buy the "super fertile" excuse. Some people are just careless with their birth control or lied and deliberately got pregnant. A lot of people don't know that if a woman has the flu, is taking antibiotics/st johns wort, vomits or has diarrhoea, she needs to take extra birth control pills to make up for decrease in hormones or simply use another birth control method.
That's crap you can't take extra birth control pill, do you know how strong those are? I'm not even allowed more until I get my blood pressure and weight checked every 12weeks!

The pill I was on was to help regulate me actually as I have PCOS! I didn't think I could even have kids!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,491,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
That's crap you can't take extra birth control pill, do you know how strong those are? I'm not even allowed more until I get my blood pressure and weight checked every 12weeks!

The pill I was on was to help regulate me actually as I have PCOS! I didn't think I could even have kids!
You should not be so quick to label things crap. Most of the time it is not feasible to take extra, and in the caes that were given as examples, alternative birth control methods should be used for the rest of that pill cycle. I easily found this post by a pharmacist to a similar birth control question, implying that redosing is possible:

For vomiting, it is important to consider the timing of the emesis in relation to the dose. In your case, if two hours has gone by, the medication is likely well past the stomach and into the intestine where it can be absorbed. The vomiting will primarily produce gastric contents, but can also include some contents of the upper intestine. After two hours, however, the amount of medication in this section of the gastrointestinal tract would likely be negligible.

In other words, if you vomit two hours after taking your medication you do not need to re-dose (unless you see a definite pill in your vomit, which would be highly unlikely).

Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,452,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
That's nothing compared to what my husband did to me. He basically abandoned me without even knowing if I got pregnant from condom breaking.

What's crazier is, I am still with him. Although we almost divorced after I left him when he said the marriage is over 2 days after the 'accident'.

As for your OP question. The douche is a selfish irresponsible bastard - that's what my opinion.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
As for your OP question. The douche is a selfish irresponsible bastard - that's what my opinion.
That would be your husband. You shouldn't color the hypothetical guy in the OP's post with the same hate as you don't know the full circumstances. And if your husband is "a selfish irresponsible bastard" then why did you take him back? I could make some unwarranted assumptions about you, but that wouldn't be fair either.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,901,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I haven't read the entire thread.

If a man leaves you because you got pregnant, then he was either childfree or never really committed to you at all.

I don't believe that condoms can fail without perfect use (no holes, rips, doesn't slip off). HOW would sperm penetrate a condom without any holes??? HOW? That isn't possible.

I don't buy the "super fertile" excuse. Some people are just careless with their birth control or lied and deliberately got pregnant. A lot of people don't know that if a woman has the flu, is taking antibiotics/st johns wort, vomits or has diarrhoea, she needs to take extra birth control pills to make up for decrease in hormones or simply use another birth control method.
Regarding someone being super fertile, doesn't matter if you buy it or not. There certainly is a range of factors that affect fertility, and yes some women do have an easier time getting pregnant than others.

Even surgical methods of birth control(tubal ligation, vasectomy) have the rare failures.

I'd trust surgical methods before all others. Having sex opens up both parties to the possibility of pregnancy, not sure why people want to argue about that.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,982,589 times
I had a friend who got his girlfriend pregnant. Did what he could to stay with her for almost two years. She was a nut, and finally left her. I can't imagine them living together was any better for that baby.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:56 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,452,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
That would be your husband. You shouldn't color the hypothetical guy in the OP's post with the same hate as you don't know the full circumstances. And if your husband is "a selfish irresponsible bastard" then why did you take him back? I could make some unwarranted assumptions about you, but that wouldn't be fair either.
Go ahead make the assumption. The husband takes care of me and he is a good husband and person. So I took him back. Of course I love him too. The not wanting to be a father in his age (40s) is his only imperfection as far as I know living with him so far.

He is EXACTLY what I look for in a man well except in our disagreement in having kids, he also made it clear he does not want kids before we got married. Anyway because of what happened, it made me not want to have kids anymore either with him or others. Since I am also in my 40s anyway.

He also is getting a vasectomy next month. That's 1 of my conditions in getting back with him.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:58 AM

I'm glad to hear that you worked it out, and that there was more to the situation on the positive side than I could gather from your previous post.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:59 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,695,604 times
At the end of the day, the female will always bear the brunt of the responsibility of raising a child. This is why women need to choose very carefully who they have sex with.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,214,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
At the end of the day, the female will always bear the brunt of the responsibility of raising a child. This is why women need to choose very carefully who they have sex with.
^^^^^ This
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.