Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,850,515 times

Advertisements

He's a bad guy yet she picked him and made the decision to have sex with him. I don't believe the "she didn't know he was like that" idea. Everyone else except her could have easily detected it. She didn't want to see it because she was in lust with the jerk.

I'm sure she will go on some type of welfare to raise the bastard. I wish there were no handout programs for this situation. With no welfare marriage would return and women would choose quality men who would raise their children.

Not that I excuse the guy...far from it. If he doesn't pay child support he should be forced to have a vasectomy...if not be castrated..

Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM

106 posts, read 172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Again, this is just ridiculous. Classic method? How about the fact that many people are simply irresponsible; don't think it will happen to them; get caught up in the moment? And there is no reason any man should not be wearing a condom. He should always wear a condom. ALWAYS.

Perhaps your brother should have honored his wife and kept his pecker in his pants.
Yes, what I described is a classic method to try to trap a man. Yes, the man should always wear a condom. That's what I said several times.

Yes, he should have honored his wife. But I don't mingle in their marriage so I wouldn't know the reasons. They're getting a divorce so it doesn't matter anymore.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,052,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
My brother is a good guy who made some mistakes. This kid is a huge weight on his conscience.

Yes, I think my nephews would like to know they have a brother taking into account they all get along very well.

I keep saying to him that he should contact the boy. If he doesn't want anything to with him after that, then it's his right but at least he tried.
Well then, if it's weighing on his conscience and he's already in his 60's, I would strongly advise you to keep talking to him about it. Don't let him get any closer to death without having dealt with this or he and you could regret it even more than you can imagine later.

Tell him it's never too late to say "I'm sorry".

Your brother is only imagining the worst case scenario - total anger and rejection from this kid.

Suppose the actual reality were the opposite?

Suppose the kid has been hoping his Dad would actually care enough to show up one of these days!

Even if the worst were what happened and he rejected your brother - your brother would have at least said he was sorry. This could be very important to his son later in his life as he grows up and becomes a man himself.

Tell your brother not to deny himself, this son and all his other children the opportunity to at least know the truth and deal with it head on.

Tell him that the absence of any effort on his part to reach out to this child is wrong or his conscience wouldn't be bothering him so much.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,280,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
He's a bad guy yet she picked him and made the decision to have sex with him. I don't believe the "she didn't know he was like that" idea. Everyone else except her could have easily detected it. She didn't want to see it because she was in lust with the jerk.

I'm sure she will go on some type of welfare to raise the bastard. I wish there were no handout programs for this situation. With no welfare marriage would return and women would choose quality men who would raise their children.

Not that I excse the guy...far from it. If he doesn't pay child support he should be forced to have a vasectomy...if not be castrated..
I can get on board with that. Any family that has to be on welfare to raise the children should have both adults subjected to mandatory BC. Of course, that would be considered fascism.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, what I described is a classic method to try to trap a man. Yes, the man should always wear a condom. That's what I said several times.
It's really not a classic method. It's actually quite rare.

Quote:
Yes, he should have honored his wife. But I don't mingle in their marriage so I wouldn't know the reasons. They're getting a divorce so it doesn't matter anymore.
Too bad he didn't follow in your footsteps.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,946,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would have to know more of the facts of the situation to have an informed opinion
This would be my response on the matter.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Too bad he didn't follow in your footsteps.
He followed a path, I followed another. I'm glad he went a different route, otherwise I wouldn't have my nephews.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
He followed a path, I followed another. I'm glad he went a different route, otherwise I wouldn't have my nephews.
Well, hopefully they won't end up like their father. Unfortunately, the apple doesn't usually fall to far from the tree.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well then, if it's weighing on his conscience and he's already in his 60's, I would strongly advise you to keep talking to him about it. Don't let him get any closer to death without having dealt with this or he and you could regret it even more than you can imagine later.
That's exactly what I keep saying to him. He needs to sort out this issue but you can't blame him for being prepared for the worst. I know what I would say to my father if he only showed up after 17 years (there would be a lot of @=!#$"&). He doesn't even know how the boy looks like, he only knows his name.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:40 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,280,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This would be my response on the matter.
Thank god lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships