Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 12:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I certainly don't make that assumption given my marriage, but (big but!) you never know. He could lose his job, die, become incapacitated, whatever. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Agreed. After seeing quite a few marriages dissolve, men running off with other women and leaving wives/girlfriends either pregnant or with small children etc. I've always just assumed that if I did have children I'd be raising them alone and having a partner would be an amazing bonus. I guess I grew up in an area where single parenting was the norm, not the exception.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:58 PM

106 posts, read 171,725 times
Quote:
I don't think your pity in needed by single parents. As if it matters. Although, when stupidity about women surfaces on this forum from men such as yourself, casting a light on that bull shyte is always a good thing.
Of course women are completely devoid of responsability in these cases, the poor creatures. I just hope this continues to happen to those who deserve it.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Agreed. After seeing quite a few marriages dissolve, men running off with other women and leaving wives/girlfriends either pregnant or with small children etc. I've always just assumed that if I did have children I'd be raising them alone and having a partner would be an amazing bonus. I guess I grew up in an area where single parenting was the norm, not the exception.
I grew up seeing similar, but my husband's family and people are the exact opposite. Solid marriages and healthy families are the norm. It's pretty awesome and it makes me understand why he is the way he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDavid View Post
Of course women are completely devoid of responsability in these cases, the poor creatures. I just hope this continues to happen to those who deserve it.
You are the one with the whacked, one sided view that is ridiculous. I've always stated the obvious, it take two tango. You, OTOH, bring your silly impressions of classic reproductive sabotage to the table. You and your premise have been entirely irrational, which is par for the course on this forum.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
I had a pregnancy scare once when I was young (with a man who told me he was sterile and I was too young and stupid to know any better) and he left me. Once he found out it was a false alarm he tried to come back. Lesson learned and halleluiah for the morning after pill for when the condom breaks. Either way, I just don't know where these guys come up with half the crap they post.
I did too and it scared me so much I decided to wait for a long time for sex. I was living with this guy and he told me upfront he didn't want kids (he was 35)and at that point I didn't either (I was 22). Sometimes we had unprotected sex (stupid I know)and other times I made him use a condom, though he complained the whole time. I can't use the pill for various medical reasons. So anyway I skipped a period and was scared. I told him and he told me I had three choices: either have an abortion that he would pay 50% for (generous man, lol), have the kid and never see him again, or put the kid up for adoption and that afterwards we could move back in together. As it turns out I got my period the next day but by then the damage was done. I moved out, never dated him again. I later found out from him that he got three women pregnant when he was younger and forced all three to have abortions. The irony of course was that he believed abortions should be restricted, go figure.

After him I dated men who I knew or suspected would stick around. Of course there is never a guarantee but these men were the ones who dated me for many months and we never had sex. One is now married and I still periodically chat with him.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yes, let's say he is willing to be a father to the child, just not wanting to stay with the mother. He is willing to do whatever the mother wants besides stay with her, be in the child's life, pay child support etc. Or, if she chooses, stay out of the child's life and pay nothing. Let's say he leaves it up to the mother. Only thing is he will not continue to be in a relationship with the mother.
I personally would not "leave it up to the mother". If I was the father, I'd fight my a*# off to take care of my child and be in their life whether the mother wants me or not. I could not live with myself knowing I made a child out there and they are living without a father in their life.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,371 times
Well, she tried to trap him so it's the least he can do.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Well, she tried to trap him so it's the least he can do.
That is not the case all the time but yet men seem to think so. In my case I didn't want a child and certainly not with him and luckily it was a false alarm. I do know some women who trapped a man but also know men who intentionally trapped the woman too. However these are a small minority.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:04 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I personally would not "leave it up to the mother". If I was the father, I'd fight my a*# off to take care of my child and be in their life whether the mother wants me or not. I could not live with myself knowing I made a child out there and they are living without a father in their life.
Did you see that BBC video posted in another thread in this forum? It's all about the importance of fathers. They are crucial. There's no way around it.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I think that the pregnancy probably wasn't his idea and that the girl decided to get pregnant in the hopes of trapping him into marriage.

20yrsinBranson
Must be nice to be sitting in that pew wearing those church lady clothes. Men are responsible for where their body fluids go. Last I did the dirty deed, both people were involved. That means BOTH parties are responsible for birth control.

Men make more money than women. If a man does not want a child, use condoms, offer to pay for an Implanted device if you are in a committed relationship.

And if you don't want to be responsible for a baby.... Don't be making them. If you don't like the person next to you in that bed, or backseat, don't be messing around.

And men who leave pregnant women? If they were in a committed relationship, and he bails, I consider him pond scum. And the an is better off without him..

Old 04-13-2013, 02:13 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Must be nice to be sitting in that pew wearing those church lady clothes.

And men who leave pregnant women? If they were in a committed relationship, and he bails, I consider him pond scum. And the an is better off without him..
Isn't that special?

Is a man who leaves an unpregnant woman he's a committed relationship with pondscum as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships