Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,323,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
Blaming men for forcing women to go through pregnancy as Brauwyn made, is incredibly ignorant and is in fact man-hating.
God knows what you're blabbing about, but please show me where I made any such claim.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,087,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
The details given are constantly evolving, seemingly to suit the matters raised. What 'facts' are supposed to be taken into consideration for an answer exactly or does one choose from along the thread?

Does this turn out to have a happy ending with the 'deserting' male realising the error of his ways and returning to be a doting father and loving partner? Does he go on to earn three figure sums and put his child through college and sing at his wedding?
No, details not changing, just didn't give a lot of info for scenario and answered questions. No he does not return to the lady.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,528,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
it depends on why he left, if he will still be present or supportive of the child etc etc etc

there is no one solid blanket answer to this question. sometimes it for the best of everyone involved that someones leaves.

this said, i didn't read the other pages (just a lot of bickering that i couldn't make it through tbh) so if details where posted later on down the line my comments don't reflect upon them specifically

Old 04-14-2013, 05:31 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,701,203 times
Quote:
If a man gets a woman pregnant and leaves here while she is pregnant in a boyfriend girlfriend situation, what is your opinion of that man?
I think they're both stupid.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,285,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
I think they're both stupid.
Fantastic and such a mature response

Old 04-14-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Fantastic and such a mature response
Women shouldn't be having free sex if they aren't in a committed relationship.

People who don't want kids should take all appropriate measures to prevent pregnancy. Most birth control failures are due to human error.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 AM

373 posts, read 647,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Women shouldn't be having free sex if they aren't in a committed relationship.

People who don't want kids should take all appropriate measures to prevent pregnancy. Most birth control failures are due to human error.
Unbelievable...

First off Elaine was in a relationship for six years when she was left a single mom. I was with my ex for 7 years when he left me pregnant.

I got pregnant using a pill and condom. Some people are just super fertile and birth control does not always work. I have been pregnant with an iud. Go figure.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:55 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,285,809 times
Quote:
There are lots of questions here. He is either running scared or is not mature enough to handle being a Dad. Either way, he is just not ready for the baby that is coming and probably not someone who should be in the Baby or the Mom's life. Just says "Not ready for responsibility" to me, boyfriend or not.
I was married to a guy years ago who although married to me didn't really quite know how to take on the responsibility of having a child with me. I was 19 and he was 22 and we were married when our son was born. Ten years later, I divorced this guy because the responsibility factor never did happen. Now, my son is 44 and has perhaps only had contact with this loser 5 times in the 30 plus years we have been apart. I don't push my son to see his Dad or to call him, never have..he says "I don't know the guy" when I do push.
If this guy walked out on his pregnant girlfriend you can be guaranteed that if there were to be a marriage with him, he would do it again either right to your face or behind your back. Either way better off he is gone.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,511,598 times
Quote:
I don't care what kind of man he is, provided he pays child support when the time comes.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
Unbelievable...

First off Elaine was in a relationship for six years when she was left a single mom. I was with my ex for 7 years when he left me pregnant.

I got pregnant using a pill and condom. Some people are just super fertile and birth control does not always work. I have been pregnant with an iud. Go figure.
I haven't read the entire thread.

If a man leaves you because you got pregnant, then he was either childfree or never really committed to you at all.

I don't believe that condoms can fail without perfect use (no holes, rips, doesn't slip off). HOW would sperm penetrate a condom without any holes??? HOW? That isn't possible.

I don't buy the "super fertile" excuse. Some people are just careless with their birth control or lied and deliberately got pregnant. A lot of people don't know that if a woman has the flu, is taking antibiotics/st johns wort, vomits or has diarrhoea, she needs to take extra birth control pills to make up for decrease in hormones or simply use another birth control method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships