Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 03:11 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,081,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, is he there to make sure she has prenatal vitamins (+DHA and consumes the correct diet), a labor partner, attends infant care classes, birthing classes, chooses the hospital, the pediatrician, the daycare facility, breastfeeding options, researches the appropriate car seats, cribs, lead levels in the home the infant will reside in, gets her to the doctor appointments, makes sure she's safe in case of bad weather (falls, car problems, etc), x the million typical things westerners deal with?

Or, is he skipping out on all that?
No, he goes on about his dating life but pays child support and has time with his son when he is born.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:11 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,382,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
I see what filihok is getting at here. I can't really make an opinion on this since there is not enough information. I guess it just depends on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm talking about men who break up with their S/O strictly because they became pregnant. Men of high character just don't do that
Sure.
I haven't seen anything in this thread that indicates that that is the circumstance though.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:12 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,081,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm talking about men who break up with their S/O strictly because they became pregnant. Men of high character just don't do that
No lets just say he lost interest in her. Not due to pregnancy. Just the relationship wasn't "fun" anymore.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:20 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,280,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
No, he goes on about his dating life but pays child support and has time with his son when he is born.
Then he's either not terribly intelligent or his care/concern for his kid is limited. It would be best if he didn't add to the gene pool, but obviously that's not how it goes. I'll add one vote for ass hat.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:36 PM

17,665 posts, read 22,777,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
My situation was a totally unexpected and I was devastated but not for me for some reason when he left me I didn't care I just cried thinking of my baby (son) I couldn't understand how he could walk away from his child. I'm a good mum though and my son has a great life. I'm going back to school to become a nurse this fall when my son starts nursery (per school) he's now 2 and a half and he's never asked about his dad or anything I think he thinks my dad is his dad and he loves him to death so I know he's not missing out on anything
After reading your words in different threads i know you are a wonderful, loving, caring mum, lass...

Your beloved son is lucky to have you for a mum.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
This happened to me and he is a scumbag!!
We who live in the mountains refer to such a dirtbag as, Pond scum......

Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,171,596 times
The details given are constantly evolving, seemingly to suit the matters raised. What 'facts' are supposed to be taken into consideration for an answer exactly or does one choose from along the thread?

Does this turn out to have a happy ending with the 'deserting' male realising the error of his ways and returning to be a doting father and loving partner? Does he go on to earn three figure sums and put his child through college and sing at his wedding?

Old 04-13-2013, 03:52 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,280,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
After reading your words in different threads i know you are a wonderful, loving, caring mum, lass...

Your beloved son is lucky to have you for a mum.
Thank you, your very sweet :P

Thinking about it, pond scum isn't low enough

Old 04-13-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, is he there to make sure she has prenatal vitamins (+DHA and consumes the correct diet), a labor partner, attends infant care classes, birthing classes, chooses the hospital, the pediatrician, the daycare facility, breastfeeding options, researches the appropriate car seats, cribs, lead levels in the home the infant will reside in, gets her to the doctor appointments, makes sure she's safe in case of bad weather (falls, car problems, etc), x the million typical things westerners deal with?

Or, is he skipping out on all that?
Yep, we took Lamaze classes. I delivered all my young'uns. The doc helped a little bit......

You & hubby will be wonderful, loving, caring parents, Braunie...

Old 04-13-2013, 04:12 PM

373 posts, read 646,119 times
Quote:
This happened to me and he is a scumbag!!
Me to. And he is a scum bag too. Our child together is 9 and he has yet to meet her or send any support.

I was on the pill and we used a condom...go figure. Love her to death but I can't say I would not run him over, on a dark road if he happened to cross my path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships