Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Are there any clubs in your school that you might be interested in? Arts, theater, stuff like that? Also, how about volunteering? How do you feel about animals? Shelters always need volunteers and it's a good way to meet people. If you don't like animals then you can pass on that

There's lots of people who don't have anything eventful going on but I'm sure you have similar interests as other people.
Then when I get there nothing happens. I find myself socializing with women than men. I have never been good at making male friends. I dont know if its because i don't have the same interests as them or what. I think it has a lot to do with me missing out on all the socializing/mating/dating in my pre teen and teen years.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I like hair and makeup. Those are not interests that men have, well straight men. I like some art, and history. However you aren't going to find guys looking to meet women at a museum
Nope, you're wrong. Let me share a little secret with you...when you're not trying so hard to look for someone, that's when you meet the guy. I'm saying this as a generalization, not directly towards you. Sometimes you just have to forget about scoping out the guys around you. Go to a museum and just admire the art. If someone strikes a convo with you, great! If not, then YOU try it. You see a nice looking guy and you like the artwork as well. You stand and look at the piece and just say, "Beautiful, isn't it?" or whatever would seem most appropriate. You don't even have to look at him. Just say something. If he walks away, oh well. What have you got to lose, right? You just have to come out of your shell a little

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Then when I get there nothing happens. I find myself socializing with women than men. I have never been good at making male friends. I dont know if its because i don't have the same interests as them or what. I think it has a lot to do with me missing out on all the socializing/mating/dating in my pre teen and teen years.
Men dont want to date women who are into the same things they are, trust me! Then you just get friend zoned. You're better off sticking to the girly stuff, its easier for men to comprehend then if you start talking west coast offense

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
But that's a start. You can make new friends and then that network opens up to another. it's ok to be shy and not have tons of interests with guys because there's probably a guy just like that. What size town do you live in? I know very small towns options are limited and everyone pretty much knows everyone. What would you think about moving to a big city? Sometimes you really do need to get away from a place.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
But that's a start. You can make new friends and then that network opens up to another. it's ok to be shy and not have tons of interests with guys because there's probably a guy just like that. What size town do you live in? I know very small towns options are limited and everyone pretty much knows everyone. What would you think about moving to a big city? Sometimes you really do need to get away from a place.
I live in the city. It's just that I no longer have any friends(that like to go anywhere or do anything) which makes it hard to connect and meet people. Having a friend to tag a long makes me look less awkward. I dont want to go to some large social function by myself, it just makes me look antisocial

I don't have any good experiences with dating. My ex friend would try to hook me up with guys and they never liked me. I dont know if she did this on purpose but after awhile I stopped falling for it. I just walked away feeling even worse about myself than before

Old 05-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I live in the city. It's just that I no longer have any friends(that like to go anywhere or do anything) which makes it hard to connect and meet people. Having a friend to tag a long makes me look less awkward. I dont want to go to some large social function by myself, it just makes me look antisocial

I don't have any good experiences with dating. My ex friend would try to hook me up with guys and they never liked me. I dont know if she did this on purpose but after awhile I stopped falling for it. I just walked away feeling even worse about myself than before
Sometimes those "friends" really aren't your friends. Don't let it get you down sweetie. There is someone out there and he's probably looking for you . It's just a matter of finding the right place. I don't know if you're into church but a lot of people meet at those kind of mixers. Laundromats, grocery stores. Just random places. You don't come off as the barfly so a bar or club may not be the right place to meet. It will happen. Focus on school...hang out at the library or bookstore. Lots of bookstores now have coffee shops in them. You just never know . I really feel for you because when I was younger, I was just like you. The quiet type. Not a ton of dates. As I got older I learned to appreciate myself and all my good qualities. I focused on school then got a job. When I wasn't looking for "him", that's when it happened.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 PM

155 posts, read 252,577 times
Quote:
thank you for reminding me how undesirable I am
YOU are not undesirable!! Its your attitude that makes it that way. YOU are not. Well, unless you are overweight.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient View Post
YOU are not undesirable!! Its your attitude that makes it that way. YOU are not. Well, unless you are overweight.
There are some very attractive overweight people out in the world

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
How do you meet so many people to have sex with? Do you go to a bar, club? Have a lot of friends? I'm reading posts about how someone's s/o cheated on them with 8 or 10 people. I don't even meet that many guys a year.
For a girl, it is simple. Some girls have slept with over 250 guys in their 20s.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:16 PM

399 posts, read 581,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
For a girl, it is simple. Some girls have slept with over 250 guys in their 20s.
Wow. I've been with none. I'm slackin'! jkjk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships