Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

I've never cheated and assume that I never would. But it would be incredibly easy, especially if you travel a lot on biz. I mean, hell, just two weekends ago MrsCPG and I were in a hotel bar in Chicago. I strolled up to the bar to order a couple of drinks when a pretty attractive woman sidled up to me and asked me a question. I gave her a witty, one-sentence reply, and she invited me to have a drink with her. I declined, cocking my head at my wife. "A shame," she said and wandered off.

Just about every time I go to a conference or the whatnot, things like that happen to me. I don't invite it. It just happens. So, yeah, it would be really easy.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I've never cheated and assume that I never would. But it would be incredibly easy, especially if you travel a lot on biz. I mean, hell, just two weekends ago MrsCPG and I were in a hotel bar in Chicago. I strolled up to the bar to order a couple of drinks when a pretty attractive woman sidled up to me and asked me a question. I gave her a witty, one-sentence reply, and she invited me to have a drink with her. I declined, cocking my head at my wife. "A shame," she said and wandered off.

Just about every time I go to a conference or the whatnot, things like that happen to me. I don't invite it. It just happens. So, yeah, it would be really easy.
It seems to be easy for people who easily attract others to them

Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,057 times
Quote:
Stud muffin ha ha.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:

I'm sure "legit" women do this in bars, but I've also read recently that hotel bars are places of business for women who get paid for their, um..."services".

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 AM

460 posts, read 671,798 times
Quote:

Argh this makes me wonder how many advances my husband gets at these stupid conferences. He always tells me about the stupid things the drunk 40-50 year old women do. I trust him completely but I bet he gets hit on a lot (especially since he's pretty high up the ladder).

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
It seems to be easy for people who easily attract others to them
I really don't know what it is because, while I'm well-preserved for 49, I'm not exactly broken out with movie star looks. MrsCPG's theory is that I just know how to talk to women. She says that I'm not intimidated by them, treat them like regular folks, and am fun to talk to. Plus she says I have a gaze so intense it could drive nails.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm sure "legit" women do this in bars, but I've also read recently that hotel bars are places of business for women who get paid for their, um..."services".
Well, according to her lapel badge, she was there as a representative for a wine company for some importers convention. So I'm guessing she wasn't trolling for customers. As for the other kind, you can spot those a mile away. Their expression is usually an odd mixture of jadedness and alertness as they discreetly scan the room for clientele.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Argh this makes me wonder how many advances my husband gets at these stupid conferences. He always tells me about the stupid things the drunk 40-50 year old women do. I trust him completely but I bet he gets hit on a lot (especially since he's pretty high up the ladder).
In that sense, women and men are no different once they get out of town.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
being a gay man, need I say more.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, but it takes two to tango. They may meet a lot of people around town or on the internet, but they still have to talk large numbers of people into having sex. It's one thing to meet scads of people, quite another to talk them into taking their clothes off and getting seriously intimate.

Great question, nyanna. Tried to rep you, it didn't work.
They don't have to talk anyone into having sex. The common denominator is the hook-up. That's all they're looking for. If they are seeking very specific qualities then yes, they'd have to have the gift of gab. There are sites just for that. If someone isn't looking for the hook-up then they wouldn't search certain sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships