Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:26 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,578,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
But still... The gas price sign. Why on earth would they work around it, just to remove it last. Why?! It hurts my brain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Are you talking about the old Mobile location? I also am confused why they would leave up the sign if this is not going to be another gas station. I've never heard of a combined Starbucks/gas station.

Again, I don't understand why y'all are so stuck on the idea of it becoming a gas station. There is not any room for gas pumps!! Kinda defeats the purpose, ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 04:37 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,281 times
well it's official, Sheetz is the construction site at Dixie Forest & Atlantic Ave. I went to the Sheetz web-site and they have numerous job opening posted for '2408 Dixie Forest Rd Raleigh, NC'. Deadline for applying is Nov 8, 2013. Here is one of the openings https://www.sheetz.com/jobopenings/j...ID=14080816527

Old 10-26-2013, 01:31 PM

6,820 posts, read 9,055,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Again, I don't understand why y'all are so stuck on the idea of it becoming a gas station. There is not any room for gas pumps!! Kinda defeats the purpose, ya think?
So, tell us what is going in there?

Old 10-26-2013, 06:53 PM

^How should I know? I'm speculating a Starbucks based on the green trim and the fact that there is a drive-thru on that side. I never said anything about a Starbucks/gas station combo. Not sure what's going in on the other side. I had heard a Verizon store.

Oh, wait a second, y'all have me convinced now that it will be another gas station since the Mobil sign is still standing. I believe it's going to be the new concept of gas stations. Ya know, the kind that don't have gas pumps.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,987,730 times
They must be leaving the Mobil sign up so Verizon can slap an "e" on the end of it to advertise their business. Reduce, reuse, recycle!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:06 AM

263 posts, read 572,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gard View Post
They leave the sign because it allows them to skip getting a new sign permit. The sign location, size etc. is already approved by the city, so all they have to do when the time comes is swap out what is on the sign, which requires no permit. Taking the whole thing down would require a new study by the city, etc, etc. to put one up. They probably also don't want to make it know what is going there quite yet or don't have the new signage in, so removing the gas station signage on the sign would expose the electrical parts inside to the elements.
Gard, that makes sense. Thanks so much for that explanation!

Quote:
Well, with the care they took to leave the Mobil sign up, it's not like the idea was completely baseless and ridiculous, especially with the lack of any other explanation. Until Gard's explanation, of course. When there's only one clue, you tend to focus on it a little more.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:48 AM

^I'm sorry but common sense tells me the lack of gas pumps is a pretty big clue.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:51 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,725,793 times
Quote:
^I'm sorry but common sense tells me the lack of gas pumps is a pretty big clue.
Not everyone thinks like you.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:14 PM

6,820 posts, read 9,055,774 times
Quote:
^How should I know? I'm speculating a Starbucks based on the green trim and the fact that there is a drive-thru on that side. I never said anything about a Starbucks/gas station combo. Not sure what's going in on the other side. I had heard a Verizon store.

Oh, wait a second, y'all have me convinced now that it will be another gas station since the Mobil sign is still standing. I believe it's going to be the new concept of gas stations. Ya know, the kind that don't have gas pumps.
If you have a headache, I could get you some aspirin.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:56 PM

360 posts, read 721,158 times
This isn't directly related to the sites being talked about already but it is steps from where the Mobil station was and not worthy of a thread all of its own so I will post it here. The Roomstore building behind Sweet Tomatoes and the site of the old Mobil station has had the whole facade ripped off the front. Supposedly Best Buy had been in talks to relocate to that building as part of their nationwide effort to downsize their stores a bit.

On another note the building they put up where the Mobil station was at has a Starbucks green strip on the left side and an AT&T orange on the right side, so that may be what is going there. They also paved the lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary