Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times

Advertisements

I see a Sheetz there soon closing from lack of patronage.

The decision to build was probably based on traffic count without considering the entrance/exit issues from the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:30 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,583,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I see a Sheetz there soon closing from lack of patronage.

The decision to build was probably based on traffic count without considering the entrance/exit issues from the site.
No way. They will design the layout to be easy in-easy out. Heck, just look at the Sheetz on Capital @ Thornton north of Durant. It has NO access to Capital at all and it is always busy. Plus, Sheetz is consistently cheaper on gas along with everything else they have to offer.
My prediction is not only will the Sheetz thrive there but will also put the BP across the street out of business.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:51 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,429,379 times
Good grief, the way saturnfan is going on, you'd think a member of the Sheetz family (was it Bob, Steve, or Stan?) ran over his dog or something. I know if I still lived in the area I would likely have frequented this new location. Again, I think it'll help establish some business equilibrium and bleed off some of the overcapacity at the Capital/Thornton location. As someone else mentioned, Sheetz is also pretty good at making sure their locations are pretty easy to get into and out of. If one can survive at the traffic nightmare that can be Miami at T.W. Alexander, I'm pretty sure they'll work something out here and the grumpy gusses out there will be able to easily get in and out to enjoy their food, coffee, and reasonably priced gas.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Good grief, the way saturnfan is going on, you'd think a member of the Sheetz family (was it Bob, Steve, or Stan?) ran over his dog or something. I know if I still lived in the area I would likely have frequented this new location. Again, I think it'll help establish some business equilibrium and bleed off some of the overcapacity at the Capital/Thornton location. As someone else mentioned, Sheetz is also pretty good at making sure their locations are pretty easy to get into and out of. If one can survive at the traffic nightmare that can be Miami at T.W. Alexander, I'm pretty sure they'll work something out here and the grumpy gusses out there will be able to easily get in and out to enjoy their food, coffee, and reasonably priced gas.
I like Sheetz but the intersection on Atlantic is way over capacity and can't stand more traffic without a complete redesign.

Now, if Sheetz pays to solve the problem, it will be a blessing to the community.

There's an old take-out only McDonalf's on Millbrook near Atlantic that has such a bad traffic flow that both a coffee shop and a restaurant quickly failed. I feel Sheetz and the city made a tremendous mistake unless the horrible intersection can be fixed.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,759 times
It is not going to be another gas station; the tanks have been removed but no one has yet come to pick up the Mobil sign. The Verizon store sounds most likely. Thought they might be building a new restaurant since the hotel lost My House.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,759 times
Default spring forest and capital

It is not going to be another gas station; the tanks have been removed but no one has yet come to pick up the Mobil sign. The Verizon store sounds most likely. Thought they might be building a new restaurant since the hotel lost My House.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:37 PM

360 posts, read 721,618 times
It looks like that building at the corner of Spring Forest/Capital is going to house 3 businesses. The far left definitely has a drive-thru on it, which I'm thinking will be a Starbucks.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:58 AM

263 posts, read 572,783 times
Why on earth is there not a site plan for Capital/Spring Forest on the City's web site?

Also, regarding the Sheetz, there's another Sheetz planned for Millbrook Rd at Green Rd. They're taking over the world!

Old 09-29-2013, 11:12 AM
DPK

4,595 posts, read 5,730,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
Why on earth is there not a site plan for Capital/Spring Forest on the City's web site?
I was wondering that too last night. I went hunting on there as well and found plans for pretty much everything except for that corner. No idea, it's kind of annoying. Would be great if their search function was worth a damn for finding site plans.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,293,986 times
I'm confused. Is this thread about Spring Forest / Falls of Neuse or about the land being cleared on Atlantic Avenue just North of Spring Forest? I can't tell from the comments since they mention multiple roads.

All I can say if the land being cleared along Atlantic Avenue is for a Sheetz that area is going to be bad news during rush hour. Traffic is all jacked up at that intersection already and I can't imagine how bad it will get with more stuff going in there. Should be interesting to watch as I drive by there ect day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary