Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:23 AM

6,836 posts, read 9,113,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
I'm inclined to believe they're just rebuilding the Mobil store at Spring Forest and Capital Blvd, because the Mobil sign was never taken down. They've been very careful to leave that up during the rebuilding, so they don't have to reapply for a sign permit.
I came to the same conclusion, having watching the renovation of the Exxon station near Glenwood & Pleasant Valley. It took a while but the Exxon sign came down. It's now a BP station, I believe. I agree with you that they must be leaving that Mobil sign up for a good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,607,777 times
There's only one small problem with it being a gas station on Capital and Spring Forest........there's no room for gas pumps! Actually I think that would be a pretty big problem for a gas station.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:01 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,783,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
They are 24/7, but I doubt you'll see "lots and lots of traffic and congestion." If anything, I think it'll bleed off some of the business for the location at Capital & Thornton Rd which always seems to be over capacity. Food's pretty good, coffee (especially their specialty coffees) is surprisingly good. Be sure to get a My Sheetz card to save $0.03 every gallon!
Thanks for the insight regarding the Sheetz card. The $.03 a gallon is a nice little savings and the food/drink discounts just add.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:03 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,440,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Thanks for the insight regarding the Sheetz card. The $.03 a gallon is a nice little savings and the food/drink discounts just add.
No problem! Also if you gave them your e-mail address, keep an eye on your e-mail (in case the e-mails wind up in your spam folder), but they will e-mail you to let you know there's been a coupon loaded onto your MySheetz card for a free product. Offhand I think we've gotten free bottled water, Faygo soda, Sheetz yogurt cups, a candy bar, and a whoopie pie out of it at various times.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:48 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,226,680 times
Makes no sense for Sheetz to select this location. Access to a Sheetz there would be awful given the terrible intersection already causing massive delays almost every weekday.

Once many folks went in and fought their way back into traffic, they'd never return.

Unbelievable if such a project could receive approval. I live in the area and must take Oak Forest Rd to Departure Dr to avoid the disgusting congestion already at this intersection.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,927,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Makes no sense for Sheetz to select this location. Access to a Sheetz there would be awful given the terrible intersection already causing massive delays almost every weekday.

Once many folks went in and fought their way back into traffic, they'd never return.

Unbelievable if such a project could receive approval. I live in the area and must take Oak Forest Rd to Departure Dr to avoid the disgusting congestion already at this intersection.
They could make it better in that area for sure. The light cycle on Dixie is way too short and people won't move when the light turns green so you only get 3-4 cars through before the light turns red again. According to the plans that were posted, they are going to do some road improvements in that area.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
They could make it better in that area for sure. The light cycle on Dixie is way too short and people won't move when the light turns green so you only get 3-4 cars through before the light turns red again. According to the plans that were posted, they are going to do some road improvements in that area.
Hope so, but the intersection is fundamentally flawed unless some of the streets involved could be relocated.

A few years ago, there was discussion about widening the bridge. Luckily, wisdom prevailed since the bridge isn't the bottleneck. It's the intersection.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:02 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,247,280 times
It's the crazy angled intersection and the bridge. The whole stretch needs to be reworked and widened. I live up litchford a ways and am actually glad my lease is up the end of the year. I'd rather not pass an additional gas station on the way to work downtow, and the way Sheetz is so 24/7 I just know teens and such will be trying to walk there at all hours from the highschool and neighborhoods. No they could have picked a much better location than that.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
It's the crazy angled intersection and the bridge. The whole stretch needs to be reworked and widened. I live up litchford a ways and am actually glad my lease is up the end of the year. I'd rather not pass an additional gas station on the way to work downtow, and the way Sheetz is so 24/7 I just know teens and such will be trying to walk there at all hours from the highschool and neighborhoods. No they could have picked a much better location than that.
I agree and Raleigh should have disapproved the development plan.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:00 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,783,577 times
I thought Atlantic Ave was originally designed to be a alternative low retail corridor route to downtown from N. Raleigh (as opposed to Falls of Neuse/Wake Forest Rd).

Guess the developer money was too much for the powers to be to resist. And you wonder why people run for these (up-front) low paying jobs that make final decisions regarding multimillion (or billion) corporation desires. It's corrupt at the city level so don't even think what it's like higher up the food chain. It is truly sad that this has become the way America is run.

Oh well, no one will have their faucet water catching fire from this closed door decision just a bit more traffic headaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary