Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 06:46 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Went out after the fog cleared.. Tried Alligator reef again, 2 sharks and a skate and a sheepshead. Went closer to shore between Ponce and Alligator Creek. About 20 ladyfish. Bunch of dolphin in the area(Think flipper) Calm out today, water 79 degrees. Was heading up to the 41 bridges but got shortstopped at Harpoon Harrys for lunch. After a Oyster and Scallop platters and a couple of yuenglings each we headed back to the ranch and hit the pool. Tomorrows another day. Loving Fla.
Nice Bobby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 06:52 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,417 times
Nice day. Thanks for the report.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:35 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,553,671 times
Sounds like a good day!

Old 10-29-2015, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,369 times
Default Fishing PC Harbor

I am looking for someone with a boat, that likes to fish, and can take me and a friend of mine out, and we pay the gas, and buy the bait. Week of November 12th.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:15 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,780 times
Nice report, thanks - that lunch stop has short-circuited many fishing trips.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:21 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Got the Whaler out for a half day of fishing today. Left around 08:30 and went over to Laishley's for some shrimp and ice, so it was probably close to 09:30 before we started fishing.
Started out just west of the 41 bridges where some birds were working. Hooked up with a bunch of ladyfish, some of which we kept for future use as bait. Once that shut down, we followed the birds to off of the PC Beach Complex. Caught 1 ladyfish and one sailcat, which went into the cooler for a blackened catfish tonight.
From there we tried fishing around Colony Point in 2 - 3 feet of water. I did bring a nice shark to the boat on a chunk of ladyfish but other than snagging an old, smelly cast net we came up empty handed.
After snagging the net we headed out to deeper water (6 feet) where we soaked some bait. With low tide pretty much upon us, we decided to come on in.
All in all, I'd give it a thumbs up. The ladyfish were fun while the catching was good and the shark was a fun battle. Boat ran good and couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Hopefully I'll get in one more trip early next week before our "holiday" trip up north for about two months.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Got the Whaler out for a half day of fishing today. Left around 08:30 and went over to Laishley's for some shrimp and ice, so it was probably close to 09:30 before we started fishing.
Started out just west of the 41 bridges where some birds were working. Hooked up with a bunch of ladyfish, some of which we kept for future use as bait. Once that shut down, we followed the birds to off of the PC Beach Complex. Caught 1 ladyfish and one sailcat, which went into the cooler for a blackened catfish tonight.
From there we tried fishing around Colony Point in 2 - 3 feet of water. I did bring a nice shark to the boat on a chunk of ladyfish but other than snagging an old, smelly cast net we came up empty handed.
After snagging the net we headed out to deeper water (6 feet) where we soaked some bait. With low tide pretty much upon us, we decided to come on in.
All in all, I'd give it a thumbs up. The ladyfish were fun while the catching was good and the shark was a fun battle. Boat ran good and couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Hopefully I'll get in one more trip early next week before our "holiday" trip up north for about two months.
How big was the cast net? :-)) (thanks for the report!)

Old 10-30-2015, 04:16 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,417 times
PowerPole warranteed my motor and I successfully changed it out today. Working like new again. Still have to troubleshoot my trim tabs. Going fishing tomorrow on Bucknut's boat.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:45 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
Good report Mik Mal. Ladyfish all over. I've been doing better in the creeks than the harbor. Good luck tomorrow MA and Bucknut. It's been flat the last few days and the water has crept back up to 80/82.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:22 PM

Decided to troubleshoot and repair my jack plate myself. Replaced the inline fuse - not the problem. Relay clicks when switch depressed -!not the switch. Wired the motor direct to the battery - ran up and down like a champ. Looks like the relay assembly. Has anybody replaced one of these on an Atlas jack plate? The relay assy is potted into an open box mounted on the side of the battery compartment - I know from THT that the assy has to be dug out of the potting, but not sure if that's with the box in place, or removed. I'll be calling TH Marine on Monday to order the relay assy and harness; they can probably tell me about the extraction process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte