Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:06 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,043,460 times

Advertisements

How are we 2-faced? Just speaking for me, if I choose to only post positive stuff, that's my choice, and I'm not telling other people what to post, or calling other people out...so I'm not understanding how I'm being 2-faced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 06:58 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,644,960 times
That depends on how you use Facebook. I use FB a lot to complain about things that annoy me. From just that, you might assume that I'm very negative, that I'm always complaining about something, and I must be very unhappy. Yet in person I'm always smiling and laughing, and even when I post, it's for humor, I'm laughing about it, not angrily raging into the keyboard. My friends know that, which is why I don't like adding random people because they don't have any clue how the words are meant to come across.

Just because I complain about this or that doesn't mean I'm negative. In fact I'm probably one of the most positive people I know. I always have a positive outlook on the future, on technology, society, my own life, etc. I just find it amusing to point out all of the things wrong with the world, because if you can't change them all, you can at least complain about them and make people aware :P

Old 09-21-2018, 07:30 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,043,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
That depends on how you use Facebook. I use FB a lot to complain about things that annoy me. From just that, you might assume that I'm very negative, that I'm always complaining about something, and I must be very unhappy. Yet in person I'm always smiling and laughing, and even when I post, it's for humor, I'm laughing about it, not angrily raging into the keyboard. My friends know that, which is why I don't like adding random people because they don't have any clue how the words are meant to come across.

Just because I complain about this or that doesn't mean I'm negative. In fact I'm probably one of the most positive people I know. I always have a positive outlook on the future, on technology, society, my own life, etc. I just find it amusing to point out all of the things wrong with the world, because if you can't change them all, you can at least complain about them and make people aware :P

I'd call that 'venting' and I think that's fine and normal. You'd vent with the same friends if you were all in the same room, or hanging out at Happy Hour. And like you said, you're putting a humorous spin on it.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:10 PM

6,311 posts, read 4,210,696 times
People are the same on and off fb, they are not what they seem, with some putting on a front. Really all we see on fb is a keyhole view of their life, so what they seem and what they are are always going to be subjective/different than reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology