Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Then they drafted a safety that could have been there in the 5th. Al Davis should retire.
Actually there were teams saying undrafted free agent. My best friend who was a Raiders fan was absolutely furious today.

I'm not too thrilled to give up another first round pick next year to get everette brown. Hey at least we addressed a need. I just hope we get a QB pick today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 05:37 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
It was nice to see Oher get drafted, a kid that was homeless and worked his way up congrats to him.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
It was nice to see Oher get drafted, a kid that was homeless and worked his way up congrats to him.
A class act get drafted by a class organization. I think this is the best story of the weekend.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:48 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I can not believe the Raiders took Heyward Bey at #7

But, again this is the Raiders
Exactly. Davis is so out of it he probably doesn't even know he's such a laughingstock. Bey is big and fast but not reliable hands. Maclin was the pick to make (he's also pretty fast).

Broncs taking Moreno was a head-scratcher too. They have what about 50 RBs now?

Colts were completely stupid taking Brown. He's just a more slippery version of Addai and they had TONS more need on D. Should have taken Laurenitus or Hood. Or if they felt they needed RB so bad why not take Wells? He can get the tough yard and that's something they haven't had in a RB in about forever. Polian is so so overrated.

Philly got a coup in Maclin.

SF has to be thanking the draft gods for Crabtree. That and Jenkins to NO were probably the best fits of need in the first.

Jets stupid to trade up for Sanchez. HUGE risk for a guy who has done it one year.

Lions stupid to take Pettigrew, although he's good and they had the need - just that OL was much more of a need and Oher was there. Stafford better be good on the run. Did great to get D Williams as late as they did though.

Bears got good value on Gilbert and Iglasias as well.

NE once again made out like bandits thanks to the stupidity of others.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 PM

I think it's fine to judge based on reach but no one can say one team did better than another because no one knows. It's ridiculous people saying the Jets are the winners because they got Sanchez, well he could be Ryan leaf. The Packers gave up alot of picks to move up to get Matthews, well if he turns out to be a solid OLB for us then it wasn't being stupid.

Give it three years then you can grade.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times
How do people feel the NYG did in the draft?

RD 1, OVR 29 - Hakeem Nicks - WR
RD 2, OVR 45 - Clint Sintim - OLB
RD 2, OVR 60 - William Beatty - OT
RD 3, OVR 85 - Ramses Barden - WR
RD 3, OVR 100 - Travis Beckum - TE
RD 4, OVR 129 - Andre Brown - RB
RD 5, OVR 151 - Rhett Bomar -QB
RD 6, OVR 200 - Deandre Wright - CB or S
RD 7, OVR 238 - Stoney Woodson - CB

Overall, I am not satisfied with their picks

And what makes me even more angry is......

NFL.com reported the Bears have offered a 2nd round draft pick for Boldin.

If the NYG dont offer a second round pick and more then they are the definition of stupid

Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,341 times
As always Bills did good in the DRAFT. but theyll find a way to screw up. Ravens sign Drew Willy after the Draft.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
How do people feel the NYG did in the draft?

RD 1, OVR 29 - Hakeem Nicks - WR
RD 2, OVR 45 - Clint Sintim - OLB
RD 2, OVR 60 - William Beatty - OT
RD 3, OVR 85 - Ramses Barden - WR
RD 3, OVR 100 - Travis Beckum - TE
RD 4, OVR 129 - Andre Brown - RB
RD 5, OVR 151 - Rhett Bomar -QB
RD 6, OVR 200 - Deandre Wright - CB or S
RD 7, OVR 238 - Stoney Woodson - CB

Overall, I am not satisfied with their picks

And what makes me even more angry is......

NFL.com reported the Bears have offered a 2nd round draft pick for Boldin.

If the NYG dont offer a second round pick and more then they are the definition of stupid

I like the Nicks pick, but I think Ramses Barden is going to be a STUD in the NFL. The guy is 6'6" 226 lb's can catch and gets alot of yards after the catch, GREAT pick and great value in the 3rd round.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
As always Bills did good in the DRAFT. but theyll find a way to screw up. Ravens sign Drew Willy after the Draft.

Maybin should add a nice presence to your defense, if Shobel can stay healthy there is alot of talent to rush the QB on your D.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Colts were completely stupid taking Brown.
I am going to respectfully disagree. Addai had one good year; and the loss of Rhodes opened up a need on offense. The Colts in this era have ALWAYS made it priority one to give Peyton weapons and make this offense click. They like some of their young wide-outs and Brown is a good back. The Colts picked up defensive players later in the draft, as has always been their SOP under this regeme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football