Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:10 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,931,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I cant wait for Marinelli to take over your defense, I mean the same guy that had the Lions makes me happy.
Take over the defensive line. He is the defensive line coach, not the defensive coordinator. Figures Packers fans don't know the difference between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,300,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
Take over the defensive line. He is the defensive line coach, not the defensive coordinator. Figures Packers fans don't know the difference between the two.

Wow the best smack you got? I don't know how your D-Line coach is. I miss my Oklahoma guys who could atleast come back with some good comments.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:49 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,226,059 times
I miss people who stay on topic.

jeezofreakinmighty - will you 2 girls get a room already

Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
he only played in a limited number of games.
Glad to see you came around to what I was saying in the first place.

Quote:
it is good for the amount of games and passing attempts that he had.
Almost as many picks as TDs is not "good," sorry.

Anyway, I wonder if they can snag Britt in the 2d, cuz IMO he's not good enough to be taken in the 1st (and why does everyone think they "have" to get some Burress clone?).

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,499,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Glad to see you came around to what I was saying in the first place.

Almost as many picks as TDs is not "good," sorry.

Anyway, I wonder if they can snag Britt in the 2d, cuz IMO he's not good enough to be taken in the 1st (and why does everyone think they "have" to get some Burress clone?).
i did not come around to what you were saying. He played a limited number of games because he was in a backup role and only played in a couple of games when booty was hurt

sort of like how joe mcknight, satfon johnson and cj gable did not put up good numbers. That is because they rotated with a 3 back system

on the giants question

first off their is rumor they are suppose to trade for boldin or Braylon Edwards.

ESPN said this morning that it is a possibility they might try to get chad johnson from the bengals if he goes on the market.

I am completely open to boldin, braylon edwards would be ok and i do not want them to pick up chad johnson. He will try to destry that team the same way burress and shockey did.

ON another note I think it is a DISGRACE to Amani Toomer for the giants to tell him they dont want him back.

If they pick Britt at the end of the first round then I would be happy. Crabtree and Maclin are obviously the top 2 reveievers, but after that britt, heyward-bey, nicks and harvin are all trying to get the 3rd - 6th spot

Why do the NYG have to get a Burress clone?

Why do you think? This question makes me think to myself that you know nothing about football.

Burress was 6'5 and 232 pounds. Eli could throw the ball anywhere near him and Burress would go get it. You can not teach height. It would not be a big deal if they already another tall receiver, but they dont

Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
i did not come around to what you were saying. He played a limited number of games because he was in a backup role and only played in a couple of games when booty was hurt
...which gets back to my point that he is basically a 1-year wonder. So yeah, you did, even if unintentionally.

Quote:
I am completely open to boldin, braylon edwards would be ok and i do not want them to pick up chad johnson. He will try to destry that team the same way burress and shockey did.

ON another note I think it is a DISGRACE to Amani Toomer for the giants to tell him they dont want him back.

If they pick Britt at the end of the first round then I would be happy. Crabtree and Maclin are obviously the top 2 reveievers, but after that britt, heyward-bey, nicks and harvin are all trying to get the 3rd - 6th spot
Totally agree on all counts, except I question if Britt merits a 1st round pick. Kinda borderline.

Quote:
Why do you think? This question makes me think
No, obviously it didn't.

Quote:
Burress was 6'5 and 232 pounds. Eli could throw the ball anywhere near him and Burress would go get it.
Yeah that's why he tore it up last year right? That's why he is routinely at the top of the WR heap for TDs too! Oh wait.....

Quote:
You can not teach height.
You can't teach anything to Burress, obviously, who has rocks in his head (assuming there's anything up there at all). But that doesn't matter right? Because, by golly, he's tall! I guess that's why all those offers are pouring in.

Quote:
It would not be a big deal if they already another tall receiver, but they dont
So? So you're saying drafting a WR primarily because he's tall while possibly ignoring a better WR (or other player) because he's not as tall, and all because they used to have a really tall WR......that makes sense? Then maybe they should try and get Harold Carmichael out of retirement.

Chasing one's tail, ie trying to get a player who was just like the "big" player you lost and so reaching for someone you shouldn't reach for is incredibly stupid. (See: Vikings losing Moss and drafting Williamson, for example) And apparently you were the only one who hasn't noticed Burress' erratic career, esp given his height that you're all hot and bothered about. Meanwhile many if not most of the best WRs ever weren't very tall at all, and none of them as tall as Burress.

PS: you seem to prefer Boldin over Edwards. ?? FYI Edwards is taller....

Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 PM

^ NO, I NEVER have and NEVER will come around to agreeing with you that Sanchez is a one year wonder.

Anyone can make an argument that Britt is the third best receiver in this draft. He is 6'4 218 pounds and he ran a 4.4 40 at the combine. All anaylst are saying that the third through sixth receiver spot is dead locked right now between Harvin, Britt, Nicks and Heyward-Bey. So no I am not passing on a better receiver to get Britt

Braylon Edwards is two inches taller than Boldin. But, the last time I checked Edwards led the NFL in DROPS

Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
^ NO, I NEVER have and NEVER will come around to agreeing with you that Sanchez is a one year wonder.
If you say so

Quote:
Anyone can make an argument that Britt is the third best receiver in this draft.
They could, but it'd be a weak argument.

Quote:
He is 6'4
Man you are really into this "tall = good" thing!

Quote:
All anaylst are saying that the third through sixth receiver spot is dead locked right now between Harvin, Britt, Nicks and Heyward-Bey.
Like-? I've read up a fair bit on this and heard a lot of analysis, seen a lot of mock drafts - not one has Britt going as the 3d WR and most have him going after the ones you mention, probably early/mid 2d round.

Don't get me wrong, he might go higher and above 1 or 2 of the others, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Braylon Edwards is two inches taller than Boldin. But, the last time I checked Edwards led the NFL in DROPS
Careful, the light bulb almost came on there

Old 04-07-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
If you say so

They could, but it'd be a weak argument.

Man you are really into this "tall = good" thing!

Like-? I've read up a fair bit on this and heard a lot of analysis, seen a lot of mock drafts - not one has Britt going as the 3d WR and most have him going after the ones you mention, probably early/mid 2d round.

Don't get me wrong, he might go higher and above 1 or 2 of the others, but I doubt it.

Careful, the light bulb almost came on there

I am not into the taller receiver equals better at all.

Every team in the NFL including the NYG need diversity in their receving core, which they dont have anymore

You can not have all of your receivers around the same height and speed. You need a tall receiver such as Burress, a couple of receivers that display good size and speed (mixture) and you need an absolute burner such as hester, harvin, etc

Look at every team in the NFL and all of the good teams have a receiving core that is balanced

EX) Colts - Harrison, Wayne and Gonzalez gave the colts good diversity, but they lacked height from the receiver core

BUT, Dallas Clark fit the tall receiver role very well because the Colts split him out as a receiver all of the time and he is 6'3 250.

So the Colts had their height receiver at tight end. Every team in the NFL wants that one player that is "the go get the ball type player" either at WR, but it just happens that player for the colts was the tight end that was split out at WR

It would not suprise me if the NYG pick the receiver they feel is the best that is available when they select regardless of size. And, in the later rounds such as 3 or 4th they will pick up James Casey form Rice or Jared Cook from SC. Both are tight ends, but they are smaller tight ends with receiver speed that can be split out at the receiver position

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 04-07-2009 at 10:35 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 12:19 PM

542 posts, read 1,452,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
We had a 30th ranked pass defense because our sacks were half from the year before. Having our corners healthy and Marinelli coaching up the D-line should improve that Pass D. But I expect us to have a lower ranked Pass D because we are good at stopping the run, and teams will have to play catch up by throwing the ball because of the offense.

Peterson is a great backup and if I am not mistaken led the special teams in tackles. That's what I mean about doing everything. Anything Lovie asks him to do he does it, and does it well.

"great backup" that's a bit much. fairly decent third stringer would be more like it.

a great backup running back is a guy like chester taylor. very good, might be a guy like justin fargas. actually k. jones is far superior to the bears a.p.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football