Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:50 AM

3,645 posts, read 9,235,603 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?

Draft-wise, I originally think DET would be stupid to go with a QB...neither Stanton nor Orlavsky has really been given a chance; further, Stafford IMO is nothing great and Sanchez has only done it 1 year ie far too unproven). I say nab one of the top OLs, then go with a top CB or DL/DT with that second 1st rounder.

Despite recent reports, Crabtree should still go as high as 1.04 to the Seahawks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,922,917 times
I think the Panthers should move promptly in dealing Julius Peppers. i'll be happy if they get a #1 and second day draft pick.

The Panthers should also select a QB with a second or third rd pick.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Yeah he doesn't sound like a happy camper (why?). Frankly though no way would I give a #1 for him. He's getting up there and would cost a ton besides. He's good and all but not worth what it'd cost.

CAR QB situation is interesting. I always liked Delhomme but boy he sure stunk up the joint a lot last year. A downswing or beginning of the end? I'm inclined to believe the latter. However, I would play wait-and-see because this year's QB class is weak and they can afford to. I think they should make a play for a top TE (not w/the #1 pick though).

I see Crabtree has "issues" - I think he still mertis a top 5 pick though.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,306,381 times
I would just like to ask how stupid is Andre Smith, the Tackle from Bama? First he gets suspended from playing in the Sugar Bowl, now he just leaves the Combine without any notice. He has a chance that some would kill for and is blowing it because he is either lazy or just doesn't care.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:58 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,647,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I would just like to ask how stupid is Andre Smith, the Tackle from Bama? First he gets suspended from playing in the Sugar Bowl, now he just leaves the Combine without any notice. He has a chance that some would kill for and is blowing it because he is either lazy or just doesn't care.
He costing himself millions!! I'd never draft him. With that being said and Detroit having first pick, he's a lock for #1!!

Honestly, I think Detroit deals their #1 for a QB. Matt Cassel maybe? I think things are going to get very interesting.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM

26,713 posts, read 41,922,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Andre Smith went from "with the first overall pick in this years draft" to "with the fourty-1st overall pick in this year's draft."

I think NFL historians will call this the $30 million dollar mistake.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM

DET will not trade the pick. It's almost impossible to do as teams don't want to give up what it takes (plus the cost of a higher pick).

And now the really big news: Colts about to cut Harrison. ! What a putz. He didn't even try to re-negotiate.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:24 PM

8,827 posts, read 10,304,830 times
I'll be curious to see how high Andre Brown will go in the draft. Some speculate he might be a top-ten.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 AM

who?

Crabtree is the interesting one to me. I'll be surprised is SEA passes - shocked if Cincy does.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,388,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
And now the really big news: Colts about to cut Harrison. ! What a putz. He didn't even try to re-negotiate.
Wrong; he is not a putz. He is under no obligation to re-negotiate his contract; and if he thinks he can get a better contract than what the Colts would give him, he should test the proverbial water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football