Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:58 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,984,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I would just like to ask how stupid is Andre Smith, the Tackle from Bama? First he gets suspended from playing in the Sugar Bowl, now he just leaves the Combine without any notice. He has a chance that some would kill for and is blowing it because he is either lazy or just doesn't care.
Agree dude blew millions, and lots of teams wont take a dumb/lazy guy, cause it will only get worse with money in the bank. Went from top 5 to late 1st round Ive heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 02:02 PM

So Houshmanzadeh is making the rounds...Next stop Vikings. He would be a good addition for them. But the question is, at 31 or so, is he looking to break the bank wioth potentially his last 'big' contract, or does he want to play meaningful games in January with a shot at the ring. Not gonna happen in Cinci. Heard the Giants may be looking too similar situation.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:55 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,226,059 times
wow on Cassell. Good move for both teams, I think - KC gets competition at QB in case Thigpen isn't working out, NE gets a 2d rounder (worthwhile because frankly Cassell is nothing amazing). KC also got Vrabel which is kinda stupid IMO because he has little left in the tank. I hope he came came cheap.

Cowboys get Kitna, good move - he's a good backup to have. Also getting LB Brooking for cheap was well worth it.

TJ is a moron IMO. He thinks he's such hot stuff but will likely find at his age that he can't commnd the $ he expects.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,224,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
wow on Cassell. Good move for both teams, I think - KC gets competition at QB in case Thigpen isn't working out, NE gets a 2d rounder (worthwhile because frankly Cassell is nothing amazing). KC also got Vrabel which is kinda stupid IMO because he has little left in the tank. I hope he came came cheap.
I'm amazed. How do you give up a franchise caliber QB like Cassell, along with a versatile guy like Vrabel who could play offense or defense, and only get a second round pick in return? That just seems like a bad deal to me.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:06 AM

Because it's extremely debatable if Cassell is a franchise caliber QB and Vrabel isn't very good anymore and will probably retire next year anyway. Plus NE drafted some QB the other year who they clearly feel good about as a backup and Brady's health is obviously not a concern. Finally, Cassell, having been franchised, would have cost them a TON.

NE made out great IMO.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:13 PM

TJ to the Seahawks. Man people are seriously overpaying for FAs this year.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,300,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
I'm amazed. How do you give up a franchise caliber QB like Cassell, along with a versatile guy like Vrabel who could play offense or defense, and only get a second round pick in return? That just seems like a bad deal to me.

Interesting as well that they did it with Scott Peoli a former Pat front office guy.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:07 AM

26,702 posts, read 41,840,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
TJ to the Seahawks. Man people are seriously overpaying for FAs this year.
I question this move for TJ. He claimed that he didnt want to stay with the Bengals because he was sick of losing. Now he signs with the Seahawks who are on the downswing and has a QB who cant stay healthy instead of going to the Vikings who could be a super bowl team or the Eagles who were one game and one receiver/playmaker from the Super Bowl last year or the Giants who are one year removed from the Lombardi trophy. I think the almighty dollar won this round and TJ will regret it.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I question this move for TJ. He claimed that he didnt want to stay with the Bengals because he was sick of losing. Now he signs with the Seahawks who are on the downswing and has a QB who cant stay healthy instead of going to the Vikings who could be a super bowl team or the Eagles who were one game and one receiver/playmaker from the Super Bowl last year or the Giants who are one year removed from the Lombardi trophy. I think the almighty dollar won this round and TJ will regret it.
I agree, but reading after the fact he indicated he wanted the $$$. The Seahawks are a franchise on the way down (for now) rumors were about releasing Hasselback and starting over young. Good luck TJ, dont want to hear complaining when your 1-4 with only 15 catches.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,581,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

It's a high second round pick though. I think it was good for both teams IF Brady is really ready to comeback which I still don't believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football