Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 05:45 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,219,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
No, sanchez did not have one good year. sanchez produced his sophmore year when john david booty was injured

he threw for 695 yds, 7 td's and 5 int
That's "good?" OK.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:41 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,495,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
That's "good?" OK.....
he only played in a limited number of games. it is good for the amount of games and passing attempts that he had.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,296,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
The Bears do a lot better in the later rounds than in the first round.

Really? Please show me some of the outstanding players you drafted in the late rounds?

Lets look at the last draft.

3rd round Earl Bennett No stats
3rd round Marcus Harrison- 28 Tackles
4th Round Craig Steltz- 18 tackles
5th round Zack Bowman- 2 Tackles
5th round Kellen Davis- No Stats
7th round Ervin Baldwin- No stats
7th round Chester Adams- No on Team
7th round Joey LaRocque- 6 tackles
7th round Kirk Barton- No on team
7th round Marcus Monk- No on Team

I can go back any number of years if you want. Aside from Josh Beekman and Kevin Payne in 2007 there aren't that many player hits in the late rounds.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,495,973 times
My NY Giants just cut burress

now they really need a WR

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Giants release troubled WR Burress

Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,928,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Really? Please show me some of the outstanding players you drafted in the late rounds?

Lets look at the last draft.

3rd round Earl Bennett No stats
3rd round Marcus Harrison- 28 Tackles
4th Round Craig Steltz- 18 tackles
5th round Zack Bowman- 2 Tackles
5th round Kellen Davis- No Stats
7th round Ervin Baldwin- No stats
7th round Chester Adams- No on Team
7th round Joey LaRocque- 6 tackles
7th round Kirk Barton- No on team
7th round Marcus Monk- No on Team

I can go back any number of years if you want. Aside from Josh Beekman and Kevin Payne in 2007 there aren't that many player hits in the late rounds.
They have a lot of good hits in the 2nd round. But I will start 3rd and later.

How about:

Olin Kreutz 3rd Round
Briggs 3rd Round
Vasher 4th Round
Alex Brown 4th Round
Corey Graham 5th Round
Trumaine McBride 7th Round
Mark Anderson 5th Round

These are just current players, not to mention:

Bernard Berrien 3rd Round
Chris Harris 6th Round

Old 04-03-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
They have a lot of good hits in the 2nd round. But I will start 3rd and later.

How about:

Olin Kreutz 3rd Round
Briggs 3rd Round
Vasher 4th Round
Alex Brown 4th Round
Corey Graham 5th Round
Trumaine McBride 7th Round
Mark Anderson 5th Round

These are just current players, not to mention:

Bernard Berrien 3rd Round
Chris Harris 6th Round
Trumaine McBride Started 1 game in 08 and had 11 tackles

Nathan Vasher while good early has played a total of 12 games the past 2 seasons

Berrien has not had a 1000 yard season and higest total TD in season was 7 and that was with the Viking

I would also add the 3rd round isn't consider late round picks. I believe those are really rounds 4-7.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Trumaine McBride Started 1 game in 08 and had 11 tackles

Nathan Vasher while good early has played a total of 12 games the past 2 seasons

Berrien has not had a 1000 yard season and higest total TD in season was 7 and that was with the Viking

I would also add the 3rd round isn't consider late round picks. I believe those are really rounds 4-7.
You can nit pick all you want but all the names I listed either start or contribute heavily to the team. Berrien is a good QB away from being an elite receiver and the Bears should have never gotten rid of Chris Harris. I also left off Adrian Peterson, I think he was like a 5th or 6th round pick but he does everything for the Bears.

It's great to root for your team but don't be blinded by your hate for the Bears that you can't see them quickly becoming a top tier team.

Even after the trade, the Bears still have a pick in every round except for the 1st and two 7th round picks. So they can really create a lot of depth for the team and they might not be done in free agency as well getting a veteran WR.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
You can nit pick all you want but all the names I listed either start or contribute heavily to the team. Berrien is a good QB away from being an elite receiver and the Bears should have never gotten rid of Chris Harris. I also left off Adrian Peterson, I think he was like a 5th or 6th round pick but he does everything for the Bears.

It's great to root for your team but don't be blinded by your hate for the Bears that you can't see them quickly becoming a top tier team.

Even after the trade, the Bears still have a pick in every round except for the 1st and two 7th round picks. So they can really create a lot of depth for the team and they might not be done in free agency as well getting a veteran WR.

Im going by stats here and sorry they don't lie. You had the 30th ranked Pass D so once again if Cutler and Pace can play Defense then you doing fine. You can add depth all you like but 1st rounders can come in and make an impact right away and you don't have any till 2011

Also, Peterson had one good season that had him rushing for 510 yards. I wouldn't say can do everything.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Im going by stats here and sorry they don't lie. You had the 30th ranked Pass D so once again if Cutler and Pace can play Defense then you doing fine. You can add depth all you like but 1st rounders can come in and make an impact right away and you don't have any till 2011

Also, Peterson had one good season that had him rushing for 510 yards. I wouldn't say can do everything.
We had a 30th ranked pass defense because our sacks were half from the year before. Having our corners healthy and Marinelli coaching up the D-line should improve that Pass D. But I expect us to have a lower ranked Pass D because we are good at stopping the run, and teams will have to play catch up by throwing the ball because of the offense.

Peterson is a great backup and if I am not mistaken led the special teams in tackles. That's what I mean about doing everything. Anything Lovie asks him to do he does it, and does it well.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
We had a 30th ranked pass defense because our sacks were half from the year before. Having our corners healthy and Marinelli coaching up the D-line should improve that Pass D. But I expect us to have a lower ranked Pass D because we are good at stopping the run, and teams will have to play catch up by throwing the ball because of the offense.

Peterson is a great backup and if I am not mistaken led the special teams in tackles. That's what I mean about doing everything. Anything Lovie asks him to do he does it, and does it well.

I cant wait for Marinelli to take over your defense, I mean the same guy that had the Lions makes me happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football