Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times

Advertisements

I started a thread on the Culter trade FYI.

Back to the draft.....

I think if DEN is smart they will use the picks on D and more D. Like the Colts, this has been an achilles heel way way too long. Reaching for a guy like Sanchez or Freeman would IMO be a big mistake. Look for a QB next year.

DET should probably take an OL. Probably. They have nothing at QB and Stafford isn't dazzling, but does look/sound solid.

Rams will take an OL. That's a lock.

KC will take Curry. That is also a lock.

After that who knows....

It will be interesting to see where Moreno and Wells go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
He's the best TE to come out of college since Tony Gonzalez.
troll much?

Pettigrew will be lucky to get drafted in the first - if so probably by ATL or PHI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Actually, I heard he went for a 1 and a three this year, a 1 next season and they threw Kyle Orton in. I got it here and here.

Add: This is what people are saying the specifics are:

In the poll below it asked who got the better deal

44% was saying Denver by a lot.
I don't care what they had to give up. The Bears do a lot better in the later rounds than in the first round. I do like Orton but Cutler is the franchise QB we have been waiting for, for a long long time. It's great to see the Bears getting it done.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:11 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
I started a thread on the Culter trade FYI.

Back to the draft.....

I think if DEN is smart they will use the picks on D and more D. Like the Colts, this has been an achilles heel way way too long. Reaching for a guy like Sanchez or Freeman would IMO be a big mistake. Look for a QB next year.

DET should probably take an OL. Probably. They have nothing at QB and Stafford isn't dazzling, but does look/sound solid.

Rams will take an OL. That's a lock.

KC will take Curry. That is also a lock.

After that who knows....

It will be interesting to see where Moreno and Wells go.

troll much?

Pettigrew will be lucky to get drafted in the first - if so probably by ATL or PHI.
1. You might have started a thread on the cutler trade, but the cutler trade affects how the bears and broncos will draft, which is why we are discussing it

2. IMO, freeman would be a reach, but sanchez would not

I think Sanchez will be a better pro than stafford

Old 04-02-2009, 05:22 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,925,857 times
Now that the Bears have their QB and OT ( Orlando Pace ) shored up their 2nd rd pick will have to be a WR. Good thing this draft is deep in quality WRs.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:41 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
LOL. That statement shows that you know nothing about football

Have you ever heard of Jeremy Schockey, Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen or Jason Witten. They were all better than pettigrew coming out of college
Nope never heard of them, I know nothing about Football, barely watch it.

Shockey and Winslow had a couple of good years, it helped that they were on NC caliber squads.

Not one of those guys had a season better than Pettigrew had in 2007. Efficiency and blocking is key for a TE. I emphasize blocking because that is his strong suit and not one of the guys you mentioned is 6-6 260.

I don't think any of them put up as consistent #'s as Pettigrew did in college. Pettigrew also played on a ****BOX team.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Nope never heard of them, I know nothing about Football, barely watch it.

Shockey and Winslow had a couple of good years, it helped that were on NC caliber squads.

Not one of those guys had a season like Pettigrew had in 2007. Efficiency and blocking is key for a TE.

I don't think any of them put up as consistent #'s as Pettigrew did in college. Pettigrew also played on a ****BOX team.
oklahoma state is a bad team? the last time that i checked they went 9-4 for the year and were ranked in the top 25. Their 4 losses came against
texas, texas tech, oklahoma and oregon who are all great teams and are ranked as well.

Oklahoma State Football - Cowboys News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - College Football - ESPN

dont get me wrong. i think pettigrew will be a decnet tight end. but, he does not deserve to be a first round draft pick

WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Mock Draft

projected 24th in this mock draft

my team is the giants. if they take him with their first round pick at 29 to go along with boss then i will be ticked

Old 04-02-2009, 06:14 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Quote:
1. You might have started a thread on the cutler trade, but the cutler trade affects how the bears and broncos will draft, which is why we are discussing it
I know. Just an FYI. yeah this impacts the draft - a little and mostly for 2 teams. Just prefer we not go on and on about the trade itself but whatever.

Quote:
2. IMO, freeman would be a reach, but sanchez would not
? Sanchez has had ONE good year. That's one hell of a risky pick. (see: A. Smith and the Bengals)

Quote:
I think Sanchez will be a better pro than stafford
Possible of course, but again IMO he's much riskier.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
I know. Just an FYI. yeah this impacts the draft - a little and mostly for 2 teams. Just prefer we not go on and on about the trade itself but whatever.

? Sanchez has had ONE good year. That's one hell of a risky pick. (see: A. Smith and the Bengals)

Possible of course, but again IMO he's much riskier.
No, sanchez did not have one good year. sanchez produced his sophmore year when john david booty was injured

he threw for 695 yds, 7 td's and 5 int

Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
oklahoma state is a bad team? the last time that i checked they went 9-4 for the year and were ranked in the top 25. Their 4 losses came against
texas, texas tech, oklahoma and oregon who are all great teams and are ranked as well.

Oklahoma State Football - Cowboys News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - College Football - ESPN

dont get me wrong. i think pettigrew will be a decnet tight end. but, he does not deserve to be a first round draft pick

WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Mock Draft

projected 24th in this mock draft

my team is the giants. if they take him with their first round pick at 29 to go along with boss then i will be ticked
Ha Ha Okie St. could go 14-0 and they would still be ****box to me.

It's all fun. I know where the so called experts have him. I just like to stir it up a little. No troll here.

I honestly think he will be a top TE in the NFL along with being picked higher than Shockey (#14), that's all. Shockey and Whitten are something special, I believe Pettigrew will have a better NFL career than both.

Just sayin' guys, NBD.

BTW, I eat Crow every FB season for some reason or another.

This might be the first crow I bag in the '09 season.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM

542 posts, read 1,449,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Do you really think Tebow would make a good pro QB? I have very serious doubts about that.

yes i absolutely do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football