Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes 18 17.82%
No 81 80.20%
Maybe 2 1.98%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't know about you, but I do a double-take when something catches my attention. As the poster above points out, "sweaty nut sacks" don't cause me to look to begin with, much less do a double-take. However, bare female breasts do catch my attention. Why should we expect that homosexuals won't do a double-take to the things that he is attracted to? As I mentioned before, are homosexuals superhuman?

Lusting...double-takes...spin it whichever way makes you happy. The point is still the same.
I referred to the issue you bring as one of Ostrich Syndrome. You do realize that gays are in the military today, don't you? Why would you be okay if someone didn't tell you he was gay but was going for the dreaded double take on you, as opposed to you knowing who is gay?

But seriously, a little confidence never hurts.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,686,882 times
Question: Why should they separate the genders now, as they already do?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:25 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I referred to the issue you bring as one of Ostrich Syndrome. You do realize that gays are in the military today, don't you? Why would you be okay if someone didn't tell you he was gay but was going for the dreaded double take on you, as opposed to you knowing who is gay?

But seriously, a little confidence never hurts.
Of course there are gays in the military now. The whole point of Don't Ask, Don't Tell is to keep sexuality out of the equation altogether. When it becomes known who's gay and who's not gay, it adds an additional element to an already stressful environment. Why does this information need to be known? At least by keeping quiet about sexuality the homophobes are also made to be quiet as well. When its all out in the open, so too will the subtle intimidation be out in the open. Mark my words.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
The military is full of homophobes, with the men. The women accept it(why is that) That is why it is so closeted in the Military.

That stuff can cause major riff in a battalion.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 AM

530 posts, read 780,487 times
I do not care who someone chooses to have a relationship with, the choice to serve our country is the only one that matters I mean seriously some people are acting like if you are gay you join the military b/c it is a buffet.....get over yourselves. Separation would only further the problem IMO. All these hardcore man's man guys concerned with getting checked out in a locker room seem to have no issue with men smacking other men on the behind at sporting events, wonder how many of those smackers or smackees were gay?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
No homosexuals in the military period . Don't ask, don't tell ,don't allow around real men who have no choice but be in close contact .

This insane crap needs to stop it has just about finished off America . Put the fems in with the men instead and make sure they all get plenty of close contact, watch them scream sexual harrassment .
Those gay men I know are much more "real men" than the type of fool you describe.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:10 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,007,221 times
Absolutely! And during any kind of deployment, gays should not be allowed to sit in the front of the bus.

Amazing that people still think segregation (on whatever basis) is a good idea. Obviously, the posts to this thread aptly show that such beliefs are (hopefully) confined to a small minority.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,218,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The military is full of homophobes, with the men. The women accept it(why is that) That is why it is so closeted in the Military.

That stuff can cause major riff in a battalion.
Because straight women might be hit on by another woman but cannot be forcibly raped by one as can a man.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM

218 posts, read 239,688 times
Jesus ****ing Christ. Can't a soldier handle a gay that is coming on to him?

No wonder our army can't handle mountain men who **** goats. Our army cannot even handle gays.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course there are gays in the military now. The whole point of Don't Ask, Don't Tell is to keep sexuality out of the equation altogether. When it becomes known who's gay and who's not gay, it adds an additional element to an already stressful environment. Why does this information need to be known? At least by keeping quiet about sexuality the homophobes are also made to be quiet as well. When its all out in the open, so too will the subtle intimidation be out in the open. Mark my words.
Keeping only sexuality of gays out, you imply. Right? And what kind of men stress out on knowing sexual orientation of others? Better yet, what kind of men stress out more knowing sexual orientation of others than upon drawing assumptions that anybody and everybody around him just might be gay? How about you? Do you feel more comfortable being around men not knowing if they are gay versus when you know who might be gay? The former would be a sign of ostrich syndrome I alluded to.

If that is the kind of stress that gets them, then they are unfit to do their job which has a lot more going than worrying about the sexual orientation of soldier fighting with him. Insecure people might as well stay out. And let those who want to serve, do so proudly to defend individual freedoms that this country is built upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.