Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,542,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
your comment not mine

nvxplorer
Jeeze. I'm done. I figure, as fast as you're digging, you'll soon be so deep I won't be able to hear you anyway. Have a nice day. I'm going on a wonderful desert ride, through a scenic canyon, visiting some beautiful small and historic Nevada towns. You have fun pretending to be a smart guy on the internet. Bye-bye.
Yep. Notice I wrote "I'm going...on...a ride," not "I'm currently on a ride."

Again, why are you concerned? Did you simply misread my comment, and wanted clarification? I'd understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,039,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I never stated it was in the bill.. I CLEARLY said that it was in the OLD bill, and that I have no read the NEW version of the bill to see if it was there.
Bill-O, is that you?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
So that their safety can be assessed and assured. That's an essential role the FDA plays - and is especially important for products that are implanted inside the human body.

1) This registry makes it easier to study the long term effects of such devices. Perhaps a certain brand of chip somehow leads to a 500% increase in the likelihood of developing skin cancer. Such a product should then have it's FDA approval yanked and should be taken out of every person it was put in. Having this registry will make it much easier to conduct such studies and find major health issues of these types.

2) Makes recalls much more effective (more complete and much quicker). From time to time implantable medical devices are found to be defective and must be recalled. What if it's discovered that some particular brand of medical chip was made with a toxic, non-approved material (I image lots of these chips will be manufactured in China). This registry will result in the harmful chip being removed from more people and more quickly.

3) I'm sure there are other reasons I just can't think of right now.
I guess this is where we differ. If I had a pace maker, I dont think the government needs to know this. I expect the manufacturor to notify this in the event of a recall, but I see little reason to notify the government that I have one. If I choose to get an implant for the purpose of computer security, or to purchase products, again, its not the governments business. If I get an implant for banking purposes (previous link to Mondex.com for example), there is no reason for the government to know my banking habbits.

Again, where does it end? How much is enough?

"for your safety" is an excuse the government could use to monitor every activity in ones life. How many hamburgers you eat, yep, for your safety. How many cell phones, computers, tv's etc do you own? Yep, they need to know this for our own safety as well.

Would you accept this as well?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,526,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yep. Notice I wrote "I'm going...on...a ride," not "I'm currently on a ride."

Again, why are you concerned? Did you simply misread my comment, and wanted clarification? I'd understand that.
sorry, no time to respond, on my way to go for a ride on the fat boy

Old 04-18-2010, 11:24 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,459,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE HEALTH BILLS REQUIRE THE MICRO CHIPPING OF AMERICANS – 3/18/10 « Silver and Gold outlook

All I have to say is, just let em come near me or my children with a chip! I dare em!
Just a point of clarification ...

If one follows the link above, you get the "Silver and Gold Outlook", a blog on the future of gold and silver. Perhaps the person or persons responsible for this blog know something about gold and silver, but they don't know anything about this topic. That they would use "House and Senate health bills" with a date of 3/18/10 is proof. Long before March 18th, there was only one health care reform bill that meant anything at all.

From the blog entry:
Required RFID implanted chip
Sec. 2521, Pg. 1000 – The government will establish a National Medical Device Registry. What does a National Medical Device Registry mean?
National Medical Device Registry from H.R. 3200 [Healthcare Bill], pages 1001-1008:
H.R. 3200? Really?? Here's the THOMAS summary of H.R. 3200:
H.R.3200
Title: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009
Sponsor:Rep Dingell, John D. [MI-15] (introduced 7/14/2009) Cosponsors (9)
Related Bills: S.1796
Latest Major Action: 10/14/2009 Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 168.
So, some blogger is whining about their misinterpretation of a provision in a health care reform bill that IS NOT THE ONE THAT BECAME LAW. Just in case anyone missed it (and yet feels knowledgeable enough to comment on it), the one and only health care reform bill signed into law by President Obama is H.R. 3590 (Public Law 111-148).

Sigh.

I don't know when, why, or how it happened, but it seems to me there far too many people in this country lacking basic skills in reading comprehension and critical thinking. And if this forum is any indication, most of them appear to reside to the right of center on the political spectrum.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:24 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,943,169 times
Quote:
There has been no safety concerns with microchip implants.. Do you have anything to dispute this or do you just buy the excuses provided?
Except this is not about microchip implants, which is readily obvious if you'd bother to figure out what you're talking about. Are there safety concerns with pacemakers, replacement heart valves, or implanted cerebral stimulators?

Since you don't buy the excuses provided, being the perspicacious individual you are, what is the REAL purpose of this registry?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 AM

38,132 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE HEALTH BILLS REQUIRE THE MICRO CHIPPING OF AMERICANS – 3/18/10 « Silver and Gold outlook

All I have to say is, just let em come near me or my children with a chip! I dare em!
I think this is for medical devices, like heart pacemakers and such.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,228,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
Anything and anytime you implant something within your body it becomes a medical issue.
What medical issues have arrisen by implantation of a chip the size of rice? How about cavities? Also a medical issue? Should we notify the government of the number of cavities filled?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,943,169 times
Quote:
I guess this is where we differ. If I had a pace maker, I dont think the government needs to know this. I expect the manufacturor to notify this in the event of a recall, but I see little reason to notify the government that I have one. If I choose to get an implant for the purpose of computer security, or to purchase products, again, its not the governments business. If I get an implant for banking purposes (previous link to Mondex.com for example), there is no reason for the government to know my banking habbits.

Again, where does it end? How much is enough?

"for your safety" is an excuse the government could use to monitor every activity in ones life. How many hamburgers you eat, yep, for your safety. How many cell phones, computers, tv's etc do you own? Yep, they need to know this for our own safety as well.

Would you accept this as well?
Idiotic slippery slope argument. "If the FDA gets to know who has a pacemaker, how long before they can monitor my hamburger consumption!??!"

Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,542,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
sorry, no time to respond, on my way to go for a ride on the fat boy
Cool. I have a Road King. Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies