Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:24 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,632,377 times

Advertisements

BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE HEALTH BILLS REQUIRE THE MICRO CHIPPING OF AMERICANS – 3/18/10 « Silver and Gold outlook

All I have to say is, just let em come near me or my children with a chip! I dare em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,534,436 times
Would you show the part that requires implantation please. The sections of law quoted in the article make no mention of mandated implantation. It would be a simple thing to show such a clause. Since the author hasn't shown it, I conclude it doesn't exist.

Boo!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:32 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,951,345 times
We need new chips - the old ones can't filter out Radio Free Venus!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 AM

968 posts, read 1,040,324 times

Old 04-18-2010, 09:46 AM

1,089 posts, read 656,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
BOTH HOUSE AND SENATE HEALTH BILLS REQUIRE THE MICRO CHIPPING OF AMERICANS – 3/18/10 « Silver and Gold outlook

All I have to say is, just let em come near me or my children with a chip! I dare em!
All I have to says is cool your jets.
Microchip bill clears House committee

By Nancy Badertscher

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
6:37 p.m. Tuesday, April 13, 2010
A House committee gave its stamp of approval Tuesday to a bill that would make it unlawful to implant a microchip in a person without permission.

The bill, which now goes to the full House, would make it a misdemeanor to implant a microchip, sensor, transmitter or tracking device into individuals against their will.

The measure is being sponsored by Sen. Chip Pearson (R-Dawsonville) and Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) and has already cleared the state Senate.

Rep. Ed Setzler (R-Acworth), who is carrying the bill in the House, acknowledged before the Judiciary Committee late Tuesday that there’s no evidence that microchip technology is being massively abused and being implanted in people against their will.

“This is proactive,” Setzler said.

Microchip bill clears House committee *| ajc.com
I'll leave it up to you to look up the word 'proactive' in dictionary.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Would you show the part that requires implantation please. The sections of law quoted in the article make no mention of mandated implantation. It would be a simple thing to show such a clause. Since the author hasn't shown it, I conclude it doesn't exist.

Boo!
You dont find the idea that the government wasnt to give individuals the opportunity to have a microchip implanted as if we were some type of pet, troubling? You'd be going crazy if this was in a bill by Bush..

Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 AM

4,796 posts, read 22,917,101 times
newsflash: this blogger is merely referring to Executive Orders signed by PRESIDENT BUSH.

In April 2004, Bush signed an executive order creating the position of National Coordinator of Health Information Technology to oversee the creation of a uniform electronic health records system. EO 13335.

In August 2006, Bush signed an executive order requiring 4 federal agencies--Health and Human Services, Department of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Federal Employees Health Benefit Program--to develop a system whereby health data is compiled and shared including healthcare outcomes, quality of service, and cost. Beginning in January 2007, this order required that these agencies also share patient medical information with each other and with the private sector and other government agencies, and with the public. EO 13410.

Big Brother's already been watching for years--the only difference is, Obama isn't acting in secret like Bush was.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 AM

968 posts, read 1,040,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You dont find the idea that the government wasnt to give individuals the opportunity to have a microchip implanted as if we were some type of pet, troubling?
Are you actually claiming that "the government" wants to do (or is doing) such a thing?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
newsflash: this blogger is merely referring to Executive Orders signed by PRESIDENT BUSH.

In April 2004, Bush signed an executive order creating the position of National Coordinator of Health Information Technology to oversee the creation of a uniform electronic health records system. EO 13335.

In August 2006, Bush signed an executive order requiring 4 federal agencies--Health and Human Services, Department of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Federal Employees Health Benefit Program--to develop a system whereby health data is compiled and shared including healthcare outcomes, quality of service, and cost. Beginning in January 2007, this order required that these agencies also share patient medical information with each other and with the private sector and other government agencies, and with the public. EO 13410.

Any 'tracking' the government will do was possible years ago--it isn't Obama's invention. And note that the difference is, President Bush did this in secret, without any democratic process or review. Obama isn't abusing his office, he's going through the proper channels and getting changes enacted by votes.
No, note the real difference, Bush created a uniform electronic health records system, (which I also objected to), and now implantable chips being offered. Thats a HUGE jump and try to pretend they are similar is dishonest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies