Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
• He took decisive action to tackle the nation's worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression.
Let's take a closer look of these decisive actions, one by one (note: Im not a republican or democrat, because the former now represents neo-fascism, while latter is steeped in 'communism', which at the end of the day are just two paths to the same destination ... authoritarian plutocracy that does not serve the best interests of the people)

The BIG one you excluded, I'll add here to better measure the others.

- Appointed officials to his administration that have had long standing, close ties to Wall Street and the Federal Reserve - and expanded the financial institution bail outs to unprecedented levels, QUADRUPLING the national debt within his first year ... estimated payouts of 14 Trillion Dollars.

Quote:
• He passed legislation aiding women who face discrimination in the workplace.
Window dressing, considering the "workplace" is shrinking at never before seen rates since the great depression

Quote:
• He made history by choosing the nation's first Latina justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
Hitler made history too, but not in a good way. And this appointment is an obamanation given this woman's close ties and support of "La Raza", a racist hispanic organization who's motto is "For those inside the race, everything, for those outside the race, nothing". La Raza literally translated (The Race).

You couldn't point to a more definitive example of anti-Americanism than this one.

Quote:
• He extended the Children's Health Insurance Program.
Sounds very progressive ... but first, Obama doesn't pass legislation, that is congress, so good or bad ... has nothing to do with Obama. Divert some of that 14 Trillion he gave to bankers, and every child (and person) could have health care paid in full)

Quote:
• He got significant legislation expanding veterans health benefits.
He betrayed everyone that followed him on his phony anti-war platform, as did the democrats in the previous congressional elections, including the veterans.

I suppose deciding not to charge wounded veterans for their meals while hospitalized could be viewed as expanding coverage ... but it's a real reach.

Quote:
• He won major weapons system acquisition reform -- a rare bipartisan achievement.
What a joke - more window dressing legislation to rehabilitate a procurement process that has no integrity to begin with.

Quote:
• He approved $2.4 billion in high-tech manufacturing grants (campaign promise kept, btw)
Wow .. how generous. Pales in comparison to the 6.4 given to GM, 1 Billion of which is being used to build a new plant in Brazil, costing more jobs.

Quote:
• He signed the credit card bill of rights act (campaign promise kept, btw)
Beautiful ... please explain the benefits ... I can't find any.

Quote:
• He increased the amount the federal government would guarantee to private lenders making loans under Small Business Administration (SBA) programs (campaign promise kept, btw)
It's a proven fact that liquidity injected into the system (Trillions) have failed to increase credit extended to business or the mortgage industry ... in fact credit has continued to retract. In fact, financial institutions have been pressured not to extend credit as a caveat to the bailout funds.

Quote:
• He sent additional brigades to Afghanistan (campaign promise kept and exceeded, btw)
Love the leftists blatant hypocrisy ... Bush=War .. Bush bad. Obama=Peace, more war, Obama good.

It would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

Quote:
There are dozens more, but it's late, I've had a long day and I'm too bleary-eyed to keep going. Besides which, I know you're not really interested in an actual list of accomplishments anyway, so I'm not even sure why I bothered in the first place.
Let me break the bad news to you ... you are steeped in political dogma and are so blinded, you couldn't find your backside in broad daylight with both hands and a personal assistant.

Obama was selected savior because he's a very slick talker, and after Bush, the re-incarnation of Hitler would have been seen as an upgrade.

Obama puts the face of "Hope" on hopelessness ... giving him enough political leverage to oversee the greatest financial heist in the history of the earth.

14 Trillion has been stolen ... as he tells the American sheople that its going to avert a calamity in the financial system ...

They created the crisis to begin with, and now they are stuffing their pockets, picking the pennies of the dead man's eyes.

And you talk about accomplishments?

THEY ARE LAUGHING AT YOU !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 11:56 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I think he is worse than Bush. Bush at least stood for something and did some things. Obama just tells everyone what they want to hear and then does nothing. Case in point
Bingo!

During the campaign, I liked almost everything I heard from Obama but when I kept looking back on his history, he hadn't accomplished a single thing. He's one of those people who are great at starting projects.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Here you go.

As for the last one, you'll note that I said he exceeded his campaign promise, which isn't the same as exceeding the general's request. He promised during the campaign to send 2 more brigades into Afghanistan. He sent more than that.
I loved their credit card bill of rights. Within a month of passage all my credit card companies informed us that they were raising their percentage rates. I think they don't like us at my house because we use credit cards as a tool to keep from carrying cash and always pay them off at the first opportunity. Maybe that is why they raised our rates.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
most of you if not all you Obama haters will someday get sick or someone around you care about will. At that time when the ins company informs you that they want be paying because of one of the many money making provisions thay have to deny you HC. I want you to remember that you hate Obama and the dems and also think of the good money the ceo of that company will make while you or your love one dies.
Have you indicated anything new? We have been there all along and still about 80% of people would rather have what they have than to be forced to do something else. We have been living with that system for a long time and you people wanted to make a very sudden change without studying what the outcome would be. So much speed toward government control of everything we do just never was needed. As Barney Frank said, "Baby steps will get you there but giant steps never will". This is paraphrased, but nevertheless what the man said some time ago.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:46 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I said you need to look at the "perspective of trying to win an unconventional war" which clearly means I see this "war" requires a different "perspective" on what a victory would look like.

I would read the president's definition of what our goals are, what we hope to accomplish, and what our end game objective is in Afghanistan, but he has not provided any clear definitions.
By that logic, what war layed out clear definition. There hasn't been one.

Quote:
All i was saying is that after 0bama said we will pull the troops out in 18 months, he created an environment of uncertainty and doubt in the minds of the Afghan people. We will have a very tough time getting the local people to aid and assist us against the Taliban if they know we will leave them hanging in the wind in 18 months to face retribution form the Taliban for daring to side with the government and the Western infidels.
No, he improved our credibility with them and other Muslim nations by proving our intent isn't to occupy them but rather to help them become a sovereign nation and create an ally in the area which has a strategic location between Pakistan and Iran...and yes, probably to help our oil interests in the area as well.

Quote:
0bama said we were pulling out the extra troops in 18 months, and he may be influenced by other factors. 0bama did not say we would pull them out "once the Afghan army is able to protect the people".
You are contradicting yourself. First, you suggested that Obama is pulling out the entire army in 18 months. Then I reminded you that is only mentioned the BEGINNING of troop withdrawl which is hardly removing our presence from the area. The reason is because the United States is aware the Afghan army will not be fully functional by that time but hopefully progress has been made to begin withdrawing some of our troops.

Quote:
The people want to be free, they want a government that can keep them safe from Taliban terrorists, they want to feel confident, while they assist the government and the Western coalition, or even join the Afghan army. They will not feel that confidence if America says it will pull out the extra troops in 18 months and leave them in the lurch to face an angry Taliban.
But not at the expense of being occupied by a foreign nation indefinitely. And that is what you fail to understand. By setting this timeline, we send a message that we are there to help but not to occupy them. The Afghan people have been occupied and invaded by other countries in their history and have fought back every time. They had a long war with the Russians so they aren't exactly peachy toward westerners. Furthermore, one of the biggest challenges our military has faced there has been getting help from the local tribes because Afghanistan is not really a country but an area that is served by hundreds of local villages that have their own leaders. Those locals didn't trust our military and it's been a slow process to gain their trust and help because they see us as a threat to their country as potential occupiers.

Quote:
You say 0bama may be magnanimous enough to tweak his plan "if the situation warranted". But how does the average Afghan person know that the situation 0bama is using to make his decision to pull out, is the "situation" in the area where they live?
I'm not an Obama fan. I'm a realist. I'm not manipuating what he said unlike yourself. I'm just stating the facts and that is what he said. If you want to second guess how effective that is then that is an entirely different issue.

Quote:
The "occupying force" argument is not going to work for you, since the other "occupying force" is a group of terrorists who have made it clear they will never leave, and intend to rule the people until the end of time.
You are misrepresenting my argument. The Afghans fear us remaining there indefinitely and controlling their government after these threats have been largely eliminated or controlled. You are ignoring the cultural and historical elements and looking at this as if the Afghans think like you and wouldn't mind the convenience of having an American army that settles there permanently to protect them from the Taliban. You are imposing your own bias on the situation instead of appreciating the situating for what it is. Many critics of this war say it is an unwinnable one largely because they believe it is next to impossible to receive full cooperation from the Afghan people due to many of them having ties to the Taliban or just see us as another threat to occupy their country.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
He threw one of the most pathetic pitches in human history.

Barry is on the left (irony intended):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSKsr...eature=related

Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
He threw one of the most pathetic pitches in human history.

Barry is on the left (irony intended):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSKsr...eature=related
The differences in age should have made Bush worse, but maybe that doesn't count for politicians.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Go!

1. He has permitted Iran to develop the nuclear bomb

2. He has expanded the conflict in Afganistan

3. He has alienated the independent voter with radical policies

4. He ushered in the first republican senator in Mass in a generation

5. He expanded the number of citizens on food stamps and unemployment benefits.

I am sure he will be added to Mount Rushmore for these accomplishments. I guess they will just have to dynamite Lincoln's head to make room for Bammer.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. He has permitted Iran to develop the nuclear bomb

2. He has expanded the conflict in Afganistan

3. He has alienated the independent voter with radical policies

4. He ushered in the first republican senator in Mass in a generation

5. He expanded the number of citizens on food stamps and unemployment benefits.

I am sure he will be added to Mount Rushmore for these accomplishments. I guess they will just have to dynamite Lincoln's head to make room for Bammer.
Actually, if they put Obama's face on the back of Lincoln's head it would be a more accurate representation of how each treated the Constitutional powers of the President.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:23 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post

With all due respect, politifact is an arm of the St. Pete Times, one of the most rabid left wing papers in America. Do you have any objective/unbiased links? On a side note, Dear Leader should invite you to the WH, you're unwavering loyalty is commendable.
I see, so because you perceive a bias to some other "arm" they're affiliated with, that means they in particular can't be trusted to publish a truthful listing of basic facts; eg, "what did candidate Obama promise?" and "what has President Obama delivered?"

So if I were to provide you with a list of the campaign promises they acknowledge he's broken, and those he didn't entirely fulfill but had to "compromise" on, you'd decry their bias then, as well?

Any evidence that any of those specific cases are reported inaccurately by them? Or do you just dismiss them all out of hand because you don't like the source? That hardly seems like honest debate if you ask me, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies