Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:01 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,069,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Eh...in case you didn't notice, the Senate PASSED their version of obamacare - 60-40. He had a super majority. Lieberman caucuses with the democrats.
passed is one thing...we will see how well this will work in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,099,635 times
1. Played more golf during his first year as Commander-in-Chief than any other wartime POTUS.
2. The first US President to ever personally campaign for the Olympic bid and LOSE.
3. More first year TV POTUS appearances than any of his predecessors.
4. The uncanny ability to make the DOW plunge hundreds of points in any given day beginning with his TV appearance that day.
5. Cabinet, he don't need no stinkin' cabinet, he has Czars.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:57 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,393,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Eh...in case you didn't notice, the Senate PASSED their version of obamacare - 60-40. He had a super majority. Lieberman caucuses with the democrats.
In case you didn't notice, the version they passed didn't include a public option, the very thing that defined Obamacare and would have led to universal health care. It was the most single most important element that Obama and the Democrats fought tooth and nail for...and lost! Yeah that same Senator Lieberman that you proudly claim caucuses with the Democrats is also the person responsible for the public option being removed because he threatened the Democrats of not voting for any health care reform that contained it. The House and Senate have to meet and agree to a version that will pass in both houses so it doesn't matter what was passed by the Senate since that isn't the verison both houses will vote on. And with Scott Brown's victory and the upcoming November elections on the horizon suddenly Nancy has done a 180 and is willing to make concessions knowing that many Democrats could lose seats. In other words, the health reform bill will look nothing like what Nancy and Barrack wanted back in July. Conclusion = the Democrats lost!

Nonetheless, it's always nice when you guys tell the entire story

Old 01-24-2010, 02:01 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,477,370 times
• He took decisive action to tackle the nation's worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression.
• He passed legislation aiding women who face discrimination in the workplace.
• He made history by choosing the nation's first Latina justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
• He extended the Children's Health Insurance Program.
• He got significant legislation expanding veterans health benefits.
• He won major weapons system acquisition reform -- a rare bipartisan achievement.
• He approved $2.4 billion in high-tech manufacturing grants (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He signed the credit card bill of rights act (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He increased the amount the federal government would guarantee to private lenders making loans under Small Business Administration (SBA) programs (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He sent additional brigades to Afghanistan (campaign promise kept and exceeded, btw)

There are dozens more, but it's late, I've had a long day and I'm too bleary-eyed to keep going. Besides which, I know you're not really interested in an actual list of accomplishments anyway, so I'm not even sure why I bothered in the first place.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,020,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
• He took decisive action to tackle the nation's worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression.
• He made history by choosing the nation's first Latina justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
• He won major weapons system acquisition reform -- a rare bipartisan achievement.
• He approved $2.4 billion in high-tech manufacturing grants (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He increased the amount the federal government would guarantee to private lenders making loans under Small Business Administration (SBA) programs (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He sent additional brigades to Afghanistan (campaign promise kept and exceeded, btw)

There are dozens more, but it's late, I've had a long day and I'm too bleary-eyed to keep going. Besides which, I know you're not really interested in an actual list of accomplishments anyway, so I'm not even sure why I bothered in the first place.
You are apsolutely correct in that "they" do not want to hear the truth, "they" prefer to make childish jokes in attempt to be funny. Compared to do nothing Dubya, Obama is doing great, I expect to see many more accomplishments in the future. I expect to see the troops coming home from Iraq, the terrorist given a trial and sentenced, the education issue addressed and SS finally dealt with, just to name a few. What I DO find amusing is that righties claim Obama has done nothing then claim he is destroying America, as usual, their logic is seriously lacking.
Casper

Old 01-24-2010, 06:53 AM

1,133 posts, read 716,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You are apsolutely correct in that "they" do not want to hear the truth, "they" prefer to make childish jokes in attempt to be funny. Compared to do nothing Dubya, Obama is doing great, I expect to see many more accomplishments in the future. I expect to see the troops coming home from Iraq, the terrorist given a trial and sentenced, the education issue addressed and SS finally dealt with, just to name a few. What I DO find amusing is that righties claim Obama has done nothing then claim he is destroying America, as usual, their logic is seriously lacking.
Casper
Please God no...no more accomplishments please! Wait...wait...wait, LET ME REPHRASE THAT...Please Allah no...no more accomplishments please!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,402,746 times
1. a great photo of him at the beach.
2. great speeches
3. i forgot
4. great photo of him at the beach.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:58 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,969,935 times
Yes, please no more accomplishments! The country cannot take much more of his "accomplishments!"

Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,556,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

I was very fascinated by your post. At least you had the fortitude to present some points instead of waiting for someone else to do it and then quote them.

Though I would like to see links and articles on your posts because I don't recall any of this....except the last one, which I would disagree with the "exceeded" part since he didn't send as much as his generals requested.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,104,424 times
Quote:
Yeah that same Senator Lieberman that you proudly claim caucuses with the Democrats is also the person responsible for the public option being removed because he threatened the Democrats of not voting for any health care reform that contained it.
What?

I was ONLY responding to the poster that said the GOP "won't let him" get his HC passed.

I corrected that - obama HAD a 60-40 super majority.

The GOP CAN'T "won't let him" do anything. They had no power to stop anything.

The fact is; it is his own party that has betrayed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies