Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post

I was very fascinated by your post. At least you had the fortitude to present some points instead of waiting for someone else to do it and then quote them.

Though I would like to see links and articles on your posts because I don't recall any of this....except the last one, which I would disagree with the "exceeded" part since he didn't send as much as his generals requested.
Here you go.

As for the last one, you'll note that I said he exceeded his campaign promise, which isn't the same as exceeding the general's request. He promised during the campaign to send 2 more brigades into Afghanistan. He sent more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,715,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Here you go.

As for the last one, you'll note that I said he exceeded his campaign promise, which isn't the same as exceeding the general's request. He promised during the campaign to send 2 more brigades into Afghanistan. He sent more than that.
With all due respect, politifact is an arm of the St. Pete Times, one of the most rabid left wing papers in America. Do you have any objective/unbiased links? On a side note, Dear Leader should invite you to the WH, you're unwavering loyalty is commendable.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 AM

110 posts, read 373,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
With all due respect, politifact is an arm of the St. Pete Times, one of the most rabid left wing papers in America. Do you have any objective/unbiased links? On a side note, Dear Leader should invite you to the WH, you're unwavering loyalty is commendable.

They did just win a Pulitzer prize for their work. I guess the Pulitzer people are biased too? I think it would be more useful if you could show their bias, say on a particular point, rather than just dismissing their work altogether.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:55 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,715,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardener View Post
They did just win a Pulitzer prize for their work. I guess the Pulitzer people are biased too? I think it would be more useful if you could show their bias, say on a particular point, rather than just dismissing their work altogether.
Nah, they're just as objective as the Nobel people. sometimes I swear that the left and right live in parallel universes.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardener View Post
Pulitzer was an award based on bias & "yellow journalism". I cannot believe people don't know the history of the man.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Nah, they're just as objective as the Nobel people. sometimes I swear that the left and right live in parallel universes.
I have no idea if they are or aren't biased. That's why I asked. I'm not part of "the left" by the way. Is there some particular example where the politifact site is wrong or biased? I am legitimately curious because on the surface it seems like a pretty good source of information, which it hard to find.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
This thread sparkles with Intellectuality.
Some type age check needs to be required to post.
Sounds like bunch of kids spitting food on the table!
And your top 5 are?

Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Pulitzer was an award based on bias & "yellow journalism". I cannot believe people don't know the history of the man.
Igave you a rep point so you aren't sitting at triple sixes, despite the tone of your post. Not everyone can know everything. Goodness.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:06 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
• He took decisive action to tackle the nation's worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression.
• He passed legislation aiding women who face discrimination in the workplace.
• He made history by choosing the nation's first Latina justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
• He extended the Children's Health Insurance Program.
• He got significant legislation expanding veterans health benefits.
• He won major weapons system acquisition reform -- a rare bipartisan achievement.
• He approved $2.4 billion in high-tech manufacturing grants (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He signed the credit card bill of rights act (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He increased the amount the federal government would guarantee to private lenders making loans under Small Business Administration (SBA) programs (campaign promise kept, btw)
• He sent additional brigades to Afghanistan (campaign promise kept and exceeded, btw)

There are dozens more, but it's late, I've had a long day and I'm too bleary-eyed to keep going. Besides which, I know you're not really interested in an actual list of accomplishments anyway, so I'm not even sure why I bothered in the first place.
I thought we were supposed to list accomplishments?

Old 01-24-2010, 10:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
1) He is photogenic.
2) He travels well.
3) He claims, "he gets it." (I wonder what he's getting?)

I'm sorry, this page will "time out," if I try to come up with two more successes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies