Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,336,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper27 View Post
They are scared to death of failing at their marxist revolution. Everything being done in this administration is right out of Rules for Radicals. Read it, educate yourselves.

Create a crisis even if one doesn't exist
Use fear to drive the points home
Isolate your target, make it personal and attack to discredit
Keep everything a secret and behind closed doors from the public
Rush things through so the people don't have a chance to see what it is
Vote things through even if not complete, work out the horrifying details later AFTER the people have been duped....

CASE CLOSED!!!!!
But fine sweeper..... Rather than "deflect" , I'll ask for clarification.

What crisis did Obama "create" out of necessity as you claim?

Let's start there.

Did he create the economic crisis? Did he create the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and Al Quaeda?

Seems to me there was no shortage of active crises when he took office, so right off the bat you've got me questioning you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,227,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
No, I really don't think so.... Lacking the ability to think quickly on your feet doesn't make one "dumb" IMO....

The problem with these two (Palin especially) is that they try/tried to answer questions on the fly that they clearly did not know the answer to...

For instance, the Katie Couric interview: I don't/didn't expect Palin to be an expert on legal case histories in the U.S.. She couldn't cite a case for Couric and came across as a stammering idiot...

In over her head? Most definately. "Dumb"? I honestly don't think so.
Well, I agree, In Over Her Head. I think the difference is how you and I are defining the word "dumb." I am not speaking in terms of IQ completely. They both most probably have at least an average level IQ. I'm thinking in terms of being uninformed, not really getting some of the basic concepts, and lacking in a really good education as a foundation which provides one with a basis for answering hard questions. Of course, the fact that these two tried to answer questions they didn't have a clue to the answer, also says they have poor judgment. I wouldn't want a politician in a position of high-level power to have such bad judgment.

As for the court cases, there was a pretty big court case out of Alaska which had caught Palin's attention and she had made some strong statements about case.......she could have used that as an example of a court decision she didn't like.

Well, maybe Palin is lazy! I hadn't thought about that. Maybe she is just lazy and doesn't like to study and learn. And maybe her IQ is not so high that she can just "learn" stuff quickly and with the snap of her fingers. Maybe she just likes the "bright lights and glitz" of being out there on the political scene and getting so much attention and $$$, and people respond to her positively for such shallow reasons as, for example, the fact that she's a very attractive person.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,919,970 times
This thread has been absolutely hysterical and proves the point I set out to make.....

Some posters have been serious and posted why the Obamacrats fear Palin and Beck. Thank you.

The Obamacrats that posted in this thread for the most part posted personal attacks against Palin and Beck.....the videos of Palin.....the slurs.....the hate. Again, makes no sense....if Palin and Beck are so stupid and since they aren't elected officials, why waste time posting hateful remarks about them?

Obamacrats to Palin and Beck are like moths drawn to flames. Hysterical!!!

Obamacrats really have a derangement syndrome as regards Palin and Beck and you know what, it is giving strength to Palin and Beck. Funny to watch it unfold.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:42 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,227,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This thread has been absolutely hysterical and proves the point I set out to make.....

Some posters have been serious and posted why the Obamacrats fear Palin and Beck. Thank you.

The Obamacrats that posted in this thread for the most part posted personal attacks against Palin and Beck.....the videos of Palin.....the slurs.....the hate. Again, makes no sense....if Palin and Beck are so stupid and since they aren't elected officials, why waste time posting hateful remarks about them?

Obamacrats really have a derangement syndrome as regards Palin and Beck and you know what, it is giving strength to Palin and Beck. Funny to watch it unfold.
It appears that your logic has a "derangement syndrome".....

Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post

For election purposes, If they are actually gaining strength as you say, I am personnally glad, because I favor Democrats. But for the betterment of the Nation, I think we need some Republican influence in Government, and they are undermining that.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,336,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Well, I agree, In Over Her Head. I think the difference is how you and I are defining the word "dumb." I am not speaking in terms of IQ completely. They both most probably have at least an average level IQ. I'm thinking in terms of being uninformed, not really getting some of the basic concepts, and lacking in a really good education as a foundation which provides one with a basis for answering hard questions. Of course, the fact that these two tried to answer questions they didn't have a clue to the answer, also says they have poor judgment. I wouldn't want a politician in a position of high-level power to have such bad judgment.

As for the court cases, there was a pretty big court case out of Alaska which had caught Palin's attention and she had made some strong statements about case.......she could have used that as an example of a court decision she didn't like.

Well, maybe Palin is lazy! I hadn't thought about that. Maybe she is just lazy and doesn't like to study and learn. And maybe her IQ is not so high that she can just "learn" stuff quickly and with the snap of her fingers. Maybe she just likes the "bright lights and glitz" of being out there on the political scene and getting so much attention and $$$, and people respond to her positively for such shallow reasons as, for example, the fact that she's a very attractive person.
Not a perfect summary of this, but a fairly accurate one (at least from my vantage point), is that they are/were both certainly guilty of being ignorant, but that I don't believe either is/was stupid...

Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Hey, Bush/Cheney are no longer in office. Time to move on...
That's right they are not, and we are still not moving ON!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
If speaking the truth is fearmongering in your book, then so be it. What about Obama who time and again said "If we don't pass health care legislation we are all going to die in the streets!!" (you catch my drift) or "if we don't pass this stimulus bill RIGHT NOW WITHOUT EVEN READING IT the unemployment level will hit 8%!!!" That kind of fear mongering??

Simply put, Beck and Palin speak the truth and it goes in stark contrast to what the libs have been conditioned to think their entire lives, so they're scared.
Your right, he does talk with that fearmongering crap, gets so tiring.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So when Beck plays a video of Obama saying something should I think Beck is lying when he says that Obama said it? When Beck puts up a quote saying someone said something and actually provides the source for me to check. I should think hes lying when he does that?

I dont watch Beck alot but I have also seen him admit to being wrong before. Since we all are from time to time. I admire that he will at least to making a mistake. Kinda makes you trust a person more that they will admit to being wrong. Then those that wont admit to being wrong.

Do you watch Keith? OR do you trust a man that is obviously Bias towards Obama to actually give you the truth in Matthews

How do you trust someone that is so bias to give you the truth?

I agree with what you have said, use to never listen to Beck. But the more that I have, your correct he does have the source to prove his point most always, and that cannot be made up. You can check really easy, online so much of what he has said, hate him or like him is true, if you start checking out the facts for yourself. Yeah he's human like the rest of us, who lies, but he does admit when he is wrong. I only started watching him because so many of you fussed so bad, so decided for myself what i thought of the man. Not what most of you think, I think he genuinely cares about the State of where our Country is going. I Only judged him based on what so many of you all thought, that was wrong, so i listen to him on my own, no i don't have to agree with all that he say's but so much of what he does, is true.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,467,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
For election purposes, If they are actually gaining strength as you say, I am personnally glad, because I favor Democrats. But for the betterment of the Nation, I think we need some Republican influence in Government, and they are undermining that.

dead on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies